3797 7 2019-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulcusick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1065846 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All
I'm looking to buy one of these Matrice 210 RTK V2 Dual lower gimbal and single upper gimbal. With D-RTK 2 base.

However I have a few questons and would love advice from any end users using the same drone system.

1: Do you need to add the optional GPS extension when you mount the top gimbal? The top gimbal user manual and the Matrice 210 RTK V2 user manual say no. However most dealers say you need it stating its because the gps is blocked when the top camera is in place. IU'm wondering whether DJI have negated the requiment for GPS bacuse of the other systems available through their GNSS sytem? Any advice greatly appreciated.

2: I am also considering workflow. RTK surveys on site. Howver from readin I see dronedeploy and pix4dcapture don't appear to official support the Matrice 210 RTK V2

Has anyone any real world experience with these software packages and the Matrice 210 RTK V2? If that is the case what alternatives support this drone.

3: Also I note hpw many horror stories exist regarding this drone and wonder whether DJI have finally fixed all the glitches they had. Compass failures due to badly sheilded power cables. ......

OK looking forward to your replies.

2019-7-23
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

1) I believe the external GPS antenna is required with the upward gimbal on the non-RTK M210 as the camera and gimbal block the internal GPS antenna... But the M210 RTK has dual external antennas already so they are not blocked (see pic).

2) As for the workflow, you are correct that neither Pix4D Capture nor Drone Deploy support the M210 V2 RTK yet, but hopefully that will change soon. DD supports the 200/210 V2 already but Pix4D capture does not support any M200 V2 series.

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/203991609-Supported-drones-and-cameras

https://support.dronedeploy.com/docs/supported-drones
I haven't tried DD yet with our M210 V2 but plan to soon. Hoping to try UgCS as well, although I'm not sure V2's are supported yet. DJI Pilot comes with the drone but has limited capabilities.

3) Other than the 3rd party app limitations we have not had any of the problems others have run into. We have not flown a whole lot yet though.

210rtk-xt2.jpg
2019-7-23
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

1. No, you don't need any antenna extension - antennas are already extended.
2019-7-25
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

1. No, you don't need any antenna extension - antennas are already extended. 2. DJI Pilot has mapping functionality so you can use it "out of the box" with supplied Crystalsky monitor. If you preffer any other app you can use mobile device hilder and app of your choice - M210 RTK V2 is not different then M210 V2 beside positioning module (that you can set beforenad in Pilot app)
PS I fly M210 RTK V2 with all bells and whistles
2019-7-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

DrMrdalj Posted at 7-25 18:27
1. No, you don't need any antenna extension - antennas are already extended. 2. DJI Pilot has mapping functionality so you can use it "out of the box" with supplied Crystalsky monitor. If you preffer any other app you can use mobile device hilder and app of your choice - M210 RTK V2 is not different then M210 V2 beside positioning module (that you can set beforenad in Pilot app)

Didn't I say most of that a couple days ago?
Of course you can run a different external device but you can only install and use 3rd party apps that support the M210 RTK V2. It's not a CrystalSky limitation but a 3rd party app one.
And DJI Pilot is pretty weak for mapping.

2019-7-25
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

patiam Posted at 7-25 19:48
Didn't I say most of that a couple days ago?
Of course you can run a different external device but you can only install and use 3rd party apps that support the M210 RTK V2. It's not a CrystalSky limitation but a 3rd party app one.
And DJI Pilot is pretty weak for mapping.

You are completely right. I posted an reply to get topic bumped  ahead as active.
Unfortunately it happened that unintentionally  I have posted  two replies.
Regarding the third party apps - all apps that I know,  run smoothly on a bit more powerful hardware then Crustalsky actually contains, and many are actually iPad exlcuisve... To avodi using third party apps for my work I prepare KML files and run them by DJI Pilot, while manually setting some parameters... Cheers!
2019-7-25
Use props
JohnJWitcher
New

United States

Thanks for the answering
2019-8-7
Use props
elsegunzo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278241 ft
Belgium

DrMrdalj Posted at 2019-7-25 18:27

Hello DrMrdalj! Can you explain how you get the M210 RTK V2 operational with full bells and wistles? I've not been able to map a field using RTK and both camera's simultanious. Most third party apps do not support RTK.
RTK positioning works fine when I use DJI Pilot on my CrystalSky or with DJI GS Pro on my iPad. However, I have not yet succeeded in recording images from both cameras. It only records images from the first gimball (Zenmuse X4S). On the seconds gimball there is a Zenmuse XT, but it doesn't record anything during a mission. I hope you can give me some helpfull tips.
2021-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules