Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action ND Filters - Review & WHY you need them
3181 8 2019-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadcopterGuide
Captain
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey all,

I got a chance to check out the Osmo Action filters from Freewell. Check out why you need filters like these and why it's a nice perk to have built-in polarization:

Let me know what you think in the YouTube comments .
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. We really admire you for sharing your awesome video also your deep thoughts about the DJI Osmo Action Camera and the filter that you are using. Well done and thank you for your continued support.
2019-7-23
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
First Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same filters. They are top notch. One thing I have noticed is when using the filters Rock Steady goes a little wonky and the background jitters a bunch. I believe this is because Rock Steady relies on adjusting the shutter speed to achieve stabilization. I have considered leaving the Osmo Action on Auto but still installing the filter and setting a low max ISO. Do you have any experience with this?
2019-7-24
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Tactical Trvlr Posted at 7-24 16:38
I have the same filters. They are top notch. One thing I have noticed is when using the filters Rock Steady goes a little wonky and the background jitters a bunch. I believe this is because Rock Steady relies on adjusting the shutter speed to achieve stabilization. I have considered leaving the Osmo Action on Auto but still installing the filter and setting a low max ISO. Do you have any experience with this?

Hey Tactical, thanks for dropping by again. I think if you want extreme RockSteady smoothness you should choose a lower ND than normal. If you want to achieve the most cinematic look, you have to be super smooth with the OA and then use a normal ND.

The ND doesnt make the Rocksteady unusable perse but you do notice motion blur in the background more, which by itself is an interesting and more cinematic effect i find.
2019-7-25
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
First Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadcopterGuide Posted at 7-25 03:20
Hey Tactical, thanks for dropping by again. I think if you want extreme RockSteady smoothness you should choose a lower ND than normal. If you want to achieve the most cinematic look, you have to be super smooth with the OA and then use a normal ND.

The ND doesnt make the Rocksteady unusable perse but you do notice motion blur in the background more, which by itself is an interesting and more cinematic effect i find.

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try and see if I like the results.
2019-7-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.
2019-7-25
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks Montfrooij!
2019-7-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2019-7-26
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Tactical Trvlr Posted at 7-25 03:43
Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try and see if I like the results.

of course! Anytime.
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules