Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Pro Firmware Problem
4166 11 2019-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GadgetBob
New
Flight distance : 33330 ft
United States

It seems as though a lot of people have had similar problems with a firmware update on the Phantom 3 Pro taking out the camera functionality but I couldn't seem to find any answers.

I have a Phantom 3 Pro that I purchased upon release and sold my Old Phantom 2 Vision. I've only put less than 3 hours on it and last August while out on my motor yacht I decided I wanted to give her a flight. When I fired her up she insisted on firmware updates to the remote, Battery, Aircraft etc. Which I obliged. After the update the camera image transmission stopped. The funny thing is that the aircraft flies just fine. If I go into the App and Activate the Histogram the histogram shows that the camera is operating. I can also take video and pictures and then retrieve them from the aircraft and the gimbal works fine. In fact everything about the aircraft seems to function fine except for the one thing that makes it useful and that is the live image. I do have the external HDMI output unit on the controller but I need to fetch myself a mini HDMI to see if that is putting out any video. Either way I need the live video to make this thing much more than a glorified toy. I'm hoping I can get it fixed because I am ready to purchase a new drone but if after only three hours a firmware update has bricked this aircraft I will certainly not be looking at any more of these and will end up going with a competitor.

Just coming here hoping to find some solutions and a real answer since the majority of the responses I have seen on this subject seem to remain answer free.
2019-7-23
Use props
W_AW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft

I have a P3P drone and I have exactly the same problem;
I can't see the live camera on the display
Please, can anyone help us with a relevant answer
2019-9-9
Use props
W_AW
lvl.1

I have a P3P drone and I have exactly the same problem;
I can't see the live camera on the display
Please, can anyone help us with a relevant answer
2019-9-9
Use props
Claydog
lvl.1

I am having the same issue as well.
Does your DJI go app look like this?
2019-9-9
Use props
WAW_PHL
lvl.1

Hello!
yes, it is the same for me; I cannot see the live camera on the display in the application
2019-9-12
Use props
WAW_PHL
lvl.1

Hello!
yes, it is the same for me; I cannot see the live camera on the display in the application
2019-9-12
Use props
k.reintjes
New
Flight distance : 190 ft

Hello,
I got the same problem om my P4 advanced after performing the last firmware upgrade through DJI go 4.
2019-9-19
Use props
Coldheartid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328 ft

United States

I have the same issue,  Have tried everything and looking for tech support and help on Forums for 3 weeks.  I guess if there is no fix and DJI doesn't seem to care,  this must be planned obsolescence.  So Ill be looking to a DJI competitor.
2019-10-28
Use props
YuKnowJack
New
Flight distance : 30741 ft
United States

Same thing here. After the phantom 3 standard firmware update the camera transmission stopped.
2019-12-17
Use props
Alex Fox
lvl.1

Ukraine

God, it's so beautiful! The beauty of this world is the best that humanity has come up with. I am happy that thanks to the opportunities that life gives us, we can see this beauty. The last time I was in Australia, a yacht trip is incredible! The cost pays off with beauty. Good services 12 knots - yacht charter tahiti https://12knots.com/en/yacht-charter/destinations/oceania/tahiti/ , I am happy to see with my own eyes this!
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_zL0pWVNHxcHW
New
Flight distance : 16171 ft

United States

I have also tried disconnecting the gimball cleaned the connectors. DJI is so hard to contact
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_zL0pWVNHxcHW
New
Flight distance : 16171 ft

United States

If resolved please let us know
2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules