Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wifi/bluetooth remote control request
14773 39 2019-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michalm01
lvl.1
Slovakia

Anyone can please help me? Is it possible to buy somekind of bluetooth or wifi remote control that will work with the osmo action camera?
Mostly I would like to use it for a selfie stick.

Thank you

2019-7-24
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

You can use the Mimo app on your phone or tablet to control the camera.  I've used the Android version.
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that this process hasn't been tested by our engineers, therefore, we couldn't guarantee when using a remote controller accessory. Anyway, as ff22 mentioned, the Mimo app would allow you to control the gimbal via wi-fi and the effective controllable distance of the Osmo Action and the effective controllable distance can reach up to 40 m. The image transmission stream is 4Mbps. Without interference and under 2.4GHz / 5.8GHz. Thank you for understanding.
2019-7-24
Use props
TimExGoProUser
lvl.1
United States

I too would love a remote. When mountain biking I really hate to take my hand off the  handlebar to press record. Voice functionaility doesn't always work very well. When I had a GoPro I had a remote mounted to the handelbar and a quick press with my thumb and I'm recording.
2019-7-25
Use props
Michalm01
lvl.1
Czechia

Using a mobile phone as a remote control is kinda useless. I was used when I had a gopro to a remote control, which could be also attached to a selfie stick..
I see as a only solution ATM something like this? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33049266141.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.58db32aeYZl0qh&algo_pvid=4986a22e-d659-4c78-885a-085168aad87e&algo_expid=4986a22e-d659-4c78-885a-085168aad87e-7&btsid=687afb29-b327-409a-97f1-7eb97abe2726&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_5%2Csearchweb201603_52
2019-7-26
Use props
Ff Ff
New

Belarus

Michalm01 Posted at 7-26 00:35
Using a mobile phone as a remote control is kinda useless. I was used when I had a gopro to a remote control, which could be also attached to a selfie stick..
I see as a only solution ATM something like this? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33049266141.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.58db32aeYZl0qh&algo_pvid=4986a22e-d659-4c78-885a-085168aad87e&algo_expid=4986a22e-d659-4c78-885a-085168aad87e-7&btsid=687afb29-b327-409a-97f1-7eb97abe2726&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_5%2Csearchweb201603_52

Does it work for you? I'm also looking for remote control for osmo. A smartphone is not convenient at all. Previously I had Yi 4k with a really small remote that was placed on a selfie stick. Really convenient
2019-8-6
Use props
Mlin
New

Taiwan

The remote controller is really important.
The voice control is always failed when wind blows.
I tried to use the cell phone as remote, but it is very terrible.
I have to take the selfie stick and check the image on cell phone.
I doubt if the designer use this way to take photos by themselves.
2019-8-12
Use props
Michalm01
lvl.1
Czechia

Status update:
I bought a selfie stick with bluetooth shutter. Im using an iPhone.

Phone camera photos:
The phone camera shutter works on button press and works great.
Dji osmo action:
Turned the camera on, opened the dji app in the phone and connected the camera. Tried the bluetooth button on the selfie stick and all it did was a volume button press window popped up on the phone screen. This was a big dissapointment since I tought I could atleast use the bluetooth button this way...
Could it be possible to allow in the dji app so that it recognizes this button press like in anyother camera app?

Thank you
2019-8-13
Use props
Dekor
New
Greece

Michalm01 Posted at 8-13 07:56
Status update:

I want to buy a DJI osmo action but here I am reading that there is no remote control available for purchase like the gopro camera. This is useless. I put the camera surfboard front how do I turn it on? Do I take my cell phone out of my beach pants? Haha DJI camera amateur gear action camera area. Can anybody try to successfully operate a mini selfie bluetooth device?
2019-8-21
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 249213 ft
United Kingdom

Mlin Posted at 8-12 03:38
The remote controller is really important.
The voice control is always failed when wind blows.
I tried to use the cell phone as remote, but it is very terrible.

Can never trust the voice commands. Imagine missing something awesome. You really need to have that confirmation of pressing a physical button. The Gopro voice control works well but sea, noise, wind etc it's too much of a risk.
2019-8-21
Use props
Michalm01
lvl.1
Czechia

Update from the official dji support:

Support11.DE (DJI Support)
thank you very much for your email.

I have forward the message to the technician.
The technician said, we have no  plan to  update the Osmo Action and the DJI Mimo App to make it compatible with a third party product like the  bluetooth button. It is not possible to test the different third party bluetooth button.

I am very sorry for inconvinience. Should you have further question, pelase do not hesitate to contact me. I will do the best to assit you.

Have a nice day!

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
Monika L.
Technical Support DJI GmbH

So.. no remotes for dji osmo action..

2019-8-22
Use props
fans86ed0890
New

Tell me, is there a monopad or a selfie stick with bluetooth with the ability to control the camera?
2019-9-19
Use props
ff22
Captain

fans86ed0890 Posted at 9-19 04:45
Tell me, is there a monopad or a selfie stick with bluetooth with the ability to control the camera?

I am guessing that the camera would need some mode/process where it can accept bluetooth commands from a bluetooth "clicker"  - Maybe that can be done with  software???
2019-9-19
Use props
fans86ed0890
New

ff22 Posted at 9-19 08:50
I am guessing that the camera would need some mode/process where it can accept bluetooth commands from a bluetooth "clicker"  - Maybe that can be done with  software???

Judging by the previous post, the manufacturer does not want to do such a function. Very sorry.
2019-9-19
Use props
MARK61
lvl.1
Italy

Anche io credo che sia indispensabile avere un telecomando per scattare foto o fare registrazioni video. Spero che sia possibile avere.
2019-10-24
Use props
Kaushik_bn
lvl.1

India

DJI,

Please think about the need on a remote control. The necessities and the importance of a remote for OSMO action camera.

Regards,
Koushik B.
2020-7-16
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Gonna write it anyways. no Infrared sensor, so there goes that remote control idea,  My Kodak was infrared, used any household rc and triggered the camera.  Now the same goes for the Yi, I wonder if the firmware is active, and the signal is  within frequency to work or trigger it to work?

took the CNOVA 6 months,  now if a RC  ompany wants to get with DJI it take them   how long to get it out,?
2020-7-17
Use props
djiuser_XH9USwY6ap3l
New

India

Is there a possibility to connect a Bluetooth Mic to the Osmo action? That would be a killer feature i must tell u
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_jxC1rTVbIo80
New

France

bonjour, oui bien sur qu'une télécommande pour osmo action est indispensable, gopro en a une  eux ils ont compris l'utilité de  la telecommande, j'espère que dji va en sortir une rapidement.
Cdlt
jeanlouis

2020-8-11
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Basic camera and apps can be created to turn on/off features, this is not one of them,   to bad Yi did not stick around...
2020-8-11
Use props
snorkel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no reason they can't make a WIFI remote control like the gopro one.
DJI contract a third party to make the remote like you did with the "cynova" mic adapter.

Or publish the specs on how the wifi protocol works so third parties can make remotes.

I have been frustrated by the voice control starting and stopping two cams on a Kayak.

I can tell you this if the Gopro hero 9 comes out and has a built in Mic and a removable lens I will have no problem selling my Osmos and switching again.

It's silly that DJI can't make a simple WIFI remote that can control at least two cams.
2020-8-18
Use props
Dmytro_Sokhach
New
Poland

I've just got mine and planned to put it onto iOttie MiGo stick, which I was perfectly using last 2 years with Android phones. And now I'm on this topic.

I could not even imagine that "Best VLogging camera" has no bluetooth button connectivity. Even el-cheapo real 4K ThiEYE T5e has one.

Just answer, how do I make selfie with mobile application when I look at camera?

*EDIT*: Just tried to use remote control from iOttie MiGo stick, with DJI Mimo app, and it doesn't do anything there (just shows Android Volume Control)
In camera apps it works as expected - clicks the "big red button" :-)
2020-8-21
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.4
Germany

snorkel Posted at 8-18 06:46
There is no reason they can't make a WIFI remote control like the gopro one.
DJI contract a third party to make the remote like you did with the "cynova" mic adapter.

I've been in contact with an European DJI supporter in april this year and asked him for a Software Development Kit for the OSMO Action. Here his Answer:

Wegen der SDK Dokumentation, sobald der OSMO Action (und Osmo Pocket) SDK fähig ist, werden die SDK Dokumentation  auf der DJI Entwickler ( https://developer.dji.com ) Seite verfügbar sein.

In English: There will be a SDK Documentation for Osmo Action and Osmo Pocket on the advised Website as soon as it will be ready. Till today, there is no one. May be that they are still working on it...
2020-8-21
Use props
snorkel
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Even the tiny company tactacam out of Minnesota has a remote for their cams and it uses RF so they can be stopped and started from being in a soft off i.e semi powered down state.
I would try one of their FISH-I cams (dedicated for fishing) but they have no external MIC support so I would rather have the OSMO actions external mic (which has been pretty good) vs a remote control.

But then again come on DJI it can't be that hard to make a Bluetooth or WIFI remtoe that can start and stop multiple cams.  This little company in Minnesota can do it but not DJI?
2020-9-2
Use props
snorkel
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI, at least fix the voice control so it does not stop a already running camera if it hears START Recording a second time.  That has to be the most lame thing I have seen, but then again the GOPRO cams do the exact same thing.  I don't know how they came up with stopping a already recording camera when it hears "Start Recording".
2020-9-2
Use props
djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx
lvl.1

India

DIY remote for osmo action

Hi all , i am from india. I struggled with osmo action not having a remote. So i made a DIY version solution for it. Now it works with cheap generic bluetooth selfie remotes available in market. As it is working for me,I want to upload it as app into play store and sell if many people are interested.

The app basically connects with bluetooth remote and dji mimo. Whenever bluetooth remote is pressed, it will open dji mimo and press record button by using android auto input methods. This is workaround but it works and cheap. Only limitation is for now it works only on android , bluetooth range,but still u will be having a physical remote. I also want to optimize battery usage by opening mimo app only when needed, to avoid video stream thru wifi (battery hungry).

So i am here to see how many people are interested in such solution and will buy the app and at what price to see if it is all worth a shot. Please let me know your thoughts. vaddiajayrathode@gmail
2020-10-25
Use props
djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx
lvl.1

India

TimExGoProUser Posted at 2019-7-25 16:56
I too would love a remote. When mountain biking I really hate to take my hand off the  handlebar to press record. Voice functionaility doesn't always work very well. When I had a GoPro I had a remote mounted to the handelbar and a quick press with my thumb and I'm recording.

Hi all , i am from india. I struggled with osmo action not having a remote. So i made a DIY version solution of it. So now it works with normal bluetooth selfie remotes available in market. As it is working for me,I want to upload into play store and sell if many people are interested.

The app basically connects with bluetooth remote and dji mimo. Whenever bluetooth remote is pressed, it will open dji mimo and press record button by using android auto input methods. This is just a workaround but it works and cheap. Only limitation is for now i tested only on android , range is limited to bluetooth range,but still u will be having a remote.

So i am here to see how many people are interested to buy the app and at what price to see if it is all worth a shot. Please let me know ur thoughts.

vaddiajayrathode@gmail.com
2020-10-25
Use props
djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx
lvl.1

India

Kaushik_bn Posted at 7-16 18:38
DJI,

Please think about the need on a remote control. The necessities and the importance of a remote for OSMO action camera.

Hi all , i am from india. I struggled with osmo action not having a remote. So i made a DIY version solution of it. So now it works with normal bluetooth selfie remotes available in market. As it is working for me,I want to upload into play store and sell if many people are interested.

The app basically connects with bluetooth remote and dji mimo. Whenever bluetooth remote is pressed, it will open dji mimo and press record button by using android auto input methods. This is just a workaround but it works and cheap. Only limitation is for now i tested only on android , range is limited to bluetooth range,but still u will be having a remote.

So i am here to see how many people are interested to buy the app and at what price to see if it is all worth a shot.

2020-10-25
Use props
djiuser_gleVKNb6CyZx
lvl.1

India

Michalm01 Posted at 2019-7-26 00:35
I see as a only solution ATM something like this? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33049266141.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.58db32aeYZl0qh&algo_pvid=4986a22e-d659-4c78-885a-085168aad87e&algo_expid=4986a22e-d659-4c78-885a-085168aad87e-7&btsid=687afb29-b327-409a-97f1-7eb97abe2726&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_5%2Csearchweb201603_52

So i am here to see how many people are interested to buy the app and at what price to see if it is all worth a shot.

2020-10-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

nope.  but thanks for finding a solution DJI can not.
2020-10-26
Use props
snorkel
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LOL, DJI could you please make a remote that can sync two or more cams....come on how hard could it be for you guys?   
2020-10-26
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.4
Germany

snorkel Posted at 10-26 16:51
LOL, DJI could you please make a remote that can sync two or more cams....come on how hard could it be for you guys?

You better ask this guy:

http://cosmostreamer.com/products/dji-go-windows/

He ported the DJI Mimo app to windows and should have the knownledge to use the Osmo Action API. For more information please see here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =221007&pid=2267316

The problem with more then one camera: each one is an own network access point. So starting and stopping the cameras at exactly the same time might be a problem, as the remote control has to connect to the cameras one after the other, and this may take some time, as the Mimo-App on Android shows. As a solution one could use more then one of those ESP-Microcontroller moduls, which offer Wifi, in parallel, one for each camera. But all this depends on DJI releasing an SDK (Software Development Kit) for the OA. Regrettably they seam to be completely unwilling to do that...
2020-10-27
Use props
snorkel
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Helmut Ruch Posted at 10-27 01:42
You better ask this guy:

http://cosmostreamer.com/products/dji-go-windows/

it would not have to be at exactly the same as any small shift can be handled by sound sync in Davinci Resolve.   The voice control would work in most cases but they have them set to stop recording when it hears the "START" recording command.   i.e. a already recording Osmo Action will stop recording when it hears the "START" commend.
They could also use bluetooth to start multiple cams, no reason why a remote could not have more than one connection to a camera and then when you hit "Start" or "Stop" it broadcasts the commands to each cam in a ASYNC fashion, remote would then wait for each cams response to update the display on the remote.   
No reason they can't do it, other than they don't want to.
2020-10-27
Use props
Bulgod
New
Brazil

Highly disappointed with this camera. It's ridiculous that an expensive camera like this doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity for remote shooting on a selfie stick.
I bought the camera without noticing this nonsense and I'm already selling it and going to go pro.
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bulgod Posted at 11-27 13:04
Highly disappointed with this camera. It's ridiculous that an expensive camera like this doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity for remote shooting on a selfie stick.
I bought the camera without noticing this nonsense and I'm already selling it and going to go pro.

Hi, Bulgod. We're sorry about the trouble. We will provide this feedback to the designated team for awareness. We appreciate your support and understanding.
2023-11-27
Use props
djiuser_CPScYFDMxlmk
New
Portugal

Michalm01 Posted at 2019-8-13 07:56
Status update:

Hi, have you ever found a way? Here is the same. Thank you!
2-1 14:22
Use props
Alan Mearns
New

United Kingdom

Michalm01 Posted at 2019-8-13 07:56
Status update:

I had exactly the same experience with my Bluetooth selfie stick, iPhone and new Action 4 combination. Pretty disappointed that the camera can’t connect to well recognised Bluetooth accessories. Suspect DJI are just being greedy and want us all to buy their new remote - not good. This isn’t the way great brands behave.
2-10 14:15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Alan Mearns Posted at 2-10 14:15
I had exactly the same experience with my Bluetooth selfie stick, iPhone and new Action 4 combination. Pretty disappointed that the camera can’t connect to well recognised Bluetooth accessories. Suspect DJI are just being greedy and want us all to buy their new remote - not good. This isn’t the way great brands behave.

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about your feedback regarding this matter. Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration for future reference. We thank you for your support.
2-12 03:19
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

Alan Mearns Posted at 2-10 14:15

gopro and insta also need their own remote control
2-17 22:31
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

gps signal is thumb down!

use your handheld gps

2-23 11:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now