Osmo Pocket and Action in the Studio
1329 6 2019-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I pressed my 2 Osmo Pockets and Osmo Action into service in my studio the last couple weeks, to serve as stationary B roll cameras. While you wouldn't normally think of the Pocket as an ideal stationary camera, the relatively narrow field of view made it perfect for what I was seeking. If I'd have used GoPro's, or Osmo Actions in these applications, the cameras would have been in frame, which wouldn't have been acceptable.

2019-7-24
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

To see Pizza pasta made with a machine at home is very Sad for an Italian. Much more 1/2hr of booring video just to get the pasta done. DJI cameras use are completely useless. Nice try, Next time use hands for the pasta and timelapse to speed all up.
2019-7-24
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

Mars5150 Posted at 7-24 04:45
To see Pizza pasta made with a machine at home is very Sad for an Italian. Much more 1/2hr of booring video just to get the pasta done. DJI cameras use are completely useless. Nice try, Next time use hands for the pasta and timelapse to speed all up.

Grazie per il commento "utile".  The reality of my situation is physical infirmities preclude me from hand kneading and mixing. In addition, there is no evidence that hand kneading produces superior results to using proper machine techniques, so even if I had full physical capabilities, I would still use the tools I have, including a stand mixer.

And to your specific comment "DJI cameras use are completely useless. ", note my comment: "While you wouldn't normally think of the Pocket as an ideal stationary camera, the relatively narrow field of view made it perfect for what I was seeking."

As you not so kindly said, "nice try".
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate sharing your work with our DJI Products here in DJI Forum. Nicely done!
2019-7-24
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mars5150 Posted at 7-24 04:45

What a big pile of BS.

Hi Dennis.

For some strange reason, after watching your video I was really in the mood for some Pizza

As for the use of the Pocket, awesome. I mostly use mine locked off on a tripod as either a main camera or in a synced two camera setup. Although the Pocket is great as a handheld camera, which is obviously what it has primarily been designed for. Because its got such a great picture when used in well lit scenarios, it's a great camera for locked off or tripod work.

Like any other camera, if it works in any given scenario, just use it.

Great video and a great use of the Pocket outside of its typical comfort zone.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-7-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work!
2019-7-25
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

David_Harry Posted at 7-25 09:27
What a big pile of BS.

Hi Dennis.

Thanks, Dave. Making pizza can engender some strong emotions, but if you don't agree with somebody, it's a bit rude to call their working "booring". Just move on, right?

If you liked this episode, you're gonna love the next two, especially the last one, where it all comes together in assembly and baking.
2019-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules