Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wifi Base + audio adapter + external mic do's not function
592 5 7-24 08:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jessejames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144970 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello, when I connect an external microphone to the 3.5 mm DJI audio adapter on the USB port of the Osmo Pocket's Wi-Fi base, the sound is not picked up by the external microphone but by the camera's internal microphone. When I connect the microphone directly with the adapter without the Wifi base, it works correctly.

It is important that the USB port located on the Wifi base, transmits the signal from the microphone to the camera especially if it is used on your ROD Extension where it is almost mandatory to use the WIFI base to see what you are shooting.

Thank you for your help and or update to make it work properly.

Best regards.

Bonjour, lorsque je connecte un micro externe sur l'adaptateur audio DJI 3.5 mm sur le port USB de la base Wi-fi de l'Osmo Pocket , le son n'est pas capter par le micro externe mais par le micro interne de la caméra. Lorsque je connecte directement le micro avec l'adaptateur sans la base Wifi, cela fonctionne correctement.

Il est important que le port USB situé sur la base Wifi, transmette le signal du micro à la caméra surtout si celle-ci est utilisée sur votre Extension ROD où il est presque obligatoire d'utiliser la base WIFI pour voir ce que l'on filme.

Merci pour votre aide et ou la mise à jour pour faire en sorte que cela fonctionne correctement.

Meilleures salutations.

Jesse

7-24 08:30
Use props
BobWinNV
First Officer
Flight distance : 177014 ft
  • >>>
United States

The USB C connector on the back of the WIFI base is for power only.  
7-24 09:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry to inform you that you can't connect the 3.5mm adapter microphone while using the wireless module. It's recommended to connect the 3,5mm adapter directly to the Osmo Pocket and use your preferred third-party microphones. Thank you for understanding.
7-24 16:04
Use props
brianmatiash
lvl.1
United States

Is there any chance of getting this functionality to work via a future F/W update? It boggles my mind that I can't use the official DJI 3.5mm adapter when connected to the official DJI Wifi Base that is connected to the official DJI Osmo Pocket, which is mounted to the official DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod.

In essence, you're forcing me to choose between whether I can use the larger display of my phone or the improved audio of my external mic. Unless there is some mysterious hardware limitation that I'm missing, the USB-C bus should easily handle passing through audio via your official adapter.
7-26 10:47
Use props
rinamiele
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Brian M and others. We shouldn’t have to choose between using Phone as screen (WiFi adapter) or using an external mic.

If a firmware update isn’t possible, there should be a voluntary recall program where people can swap out the WiFi base with one that allows use of the 3.5mm mic adapter in the USB-C port.

This is an absurd limitation especially considering the price of these items!
7-26 10:59
Use props
fans209d8b13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239675 ft
Chile

DJI Tony Posted at 7-24 16:04
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry to inform you that you can't connect the 3.5mm adapter microphone while using the wireless module. It's recommended to connect the 3,5mm adapter directly to the Osmo Pocket and use your preferred third-party microphones. Thank you for understanding.

It’s very sad to hear that.
Any chance to change it, make an adapter or something?
8-26 22:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules