DJI Warranty Repair Issue with Mavic Air
822 3 2019-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIMAVICAIR99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76988 ft
United States

On 6/7/2019 my drone dropped from a height of approximately 15-17 feet onto asphalt without provocation. Aircraft GPS calibrated and aircraft checked prior to flight with no problems noted. Aircraft was placed in a hover and activetrack mode was activated to take video of my dog while on vacation in Northern California. Shortly after tracing my dog for activetrack mode the aircraft banked forward without my control struck a basketball hoop and then crashed to an asphalt driveway and ended up under a parked vehicle. All props were broken during the accident and aircraft would not power down. Had to manually grab invert and remove battery pack for aircraft to power down. Once I returned back from vacation the drone was sent to DJI for repair.

Response from DJI

Thank you for your patience.

This is Edmond from the Technical Support team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

Here's the result of the data analysis on your case number:

1.  No crash found in synchronized flight records provided.

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction.

We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges. If you have DJI care refresh or DJI Care, our team will apply this on the quote so that you can use it.

Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.​

My Response

On 6/7/2019 my drone dropped from a height of approximately 15-17 feet onto asphalt without provocation. Aircraft GPS calibrated and aircraft checked prior to flight with no problems noted. Absolutely absurd for a$700 drone to drop from the sky without any reason and for DJI to say it is not a manufacturing defect. I really like DJI drones but will really be reluctant to buy another one of your products or recommend your products to others.

DJI Response

Requesting flight records, and Video Cache

*records sent as instructed and advised they will get back to me

DJI Response

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, the data was insufficient and we are unable to conduct a full analysis on what happened. We are not able to check active track data.

The only thing that we know is that the active track was used near the trees which are not suggested. We suggest you proceed with settling the quotation that our team sent to repair the aircraft. The decision is final and we are unable to cover this under the warranty.

CAS-3257371-D8P6G6
Now I understand that trees were in the general vacinity (approximately 30-40 feet from aircraft) but from the video of the actual incident it shows exactly what I described. Drone tracking my dog then for no apparent reason the aircraft went haywire. Even had a test flight the day before vacation in the logs and that was fine. Very frustrating that this is the FINAL DECISION. I feel like I am being strong armed by the DJI service team. Any advice?
Thank You,
Andy

2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Andy, we are sorry for the crash accident and the accident reason was unable to be figured out, your case has been escalated to the appropriate department to double-check, we will have someone to contact you to see if there is any better resolution can be provided, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-7-24
Use props
DJIMAVICAIR99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76988 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-24 20:02
Hi Andy, we are sorry for the crash accident and the accident reason was unable to be figured out, your case has been escalated to the appropriate department to double-check, we will have someone to contact you to see if there is any better resolution can be provided, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you for the response.  What method do they usually use to contact me?
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DJIMAVICAIR99 Posted at 7-24 21:03
Thank you for the response.  What method do they usually use to contact me?

The team will call you or send the email, please note it.
2019-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules