Mavic Pro Compass Error
7064 11 2019-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans177b410a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 682825 ft

United States

I have a Mavic Pro that is about 2 years old.  It has never been crashed/dropped.  I am having problems with getting the compass to calibrate.  The remote/DJI Go 4 app screen shows "? Calibrate Error" (see pic).  I have reset/calibrated the IMU with success, I have calibrated the compass multiple times with success, I have changed locations, and the error message will not go away.  Any help with this would be great.  Thanks  

error

error
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi. thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to sync all your flight records in DJI GO 4 app then try to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if the error will disappear. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-24
Use props
howard.popple
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-24 14:27
Hi. thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to sync all your flight records in DJI GO 4 app then try to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if the error will disappear. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

Working on it now.  I'll let you know how that works in a few moments
2019-7-24
Use props
howard.popple
lvl.1

United States

howard.popple Posted at 7-24 15:21
Working on it now.  I'll let you know how that works in a few moments

I have backed up the flight data, deleted and re-installed the app, and calibrated the compass.  It still shows that the compass needs calibration and has the error. It goes into GPS mode and the controller goes green, but the error is still present. Also, the rear lights link red and yellow.
2019-7-24
Use props
howard.popple
lvl.1

United States

howard.popple Posted at 7-24 16:31
I have backed up the flight data, deleted and re-installed the app, and calibrated the compass.  It still shows that the compass needs calibration and has the error. It goes into GPS mode and the controller goes green, but the error is still present. Also, the rear lights link red and yellow.

I moved locations this morning and still have the same problem.  It flew fine until it disconnected imaging.   It wasn't far away so I was able to land without problems.  It never lost GPS on the remote.  I checked to see if the compasses were normal in the advanced settings and compass 1 was green with no problems and compass 2 was disconnected (while in flight).  I checked it against my other mavic pro and both compasses worked while in flight.  Any help would be great.
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

howard.popple Posted at 7-25 08:33
I moved locations this morning and still have the same problem.  It flew fine until it disconnected imaging.   It wasn't far away so I was able to land without problems.  It never lost GPS on the remote.  I checked to see if the compasses were normal in the advanced settings and compass 1 was green with no problems and compass 2 was disconnected (while in flight).  I checked it against my other mavic pro and both compasses worked while in flight.  Any help would be great.

Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry to know that you still experience the issue. I just want to clarify if your Mavic Pro's arms are folded when receiving that error? If yes, the reason for this is the motors are very close to the compass. The permanent magnet in the motor may interfere with the compass. When you calibrate the compass, the arms need to be unfolded. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-25
Use props
howard.popple
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-25 10:04
Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry to know that you still experience the issue. I just want to clarify if your Mavic Pro's arms are folded when receiving that error? If yes, the reason for this is the motors are very close to the compass. The permanent magnet in the motor may interfere with the compass. When you calibrate the compass, the arms need to be unfolded. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

the arms are folded out.  
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

howard.popple Posted at 7-25 11:10
the arms are folded out.

I understand. Let me go ahead and forward this concern of yours to our designated department for attention. We will surely provide you the resolution once we hear from then. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Cheers!
2019-7-25
Use props
howard.popple
lvl.1

United States

Ok. Thank you very much
2019-7-25
Use props
howard.popple
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-25 11:56
I understand. Let me go ahead and forward this concern of yours to our designated department for attention. We will surely provide you the resolution once we hear from then. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Cheers!

Have we heard anything from them?
2019-7-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

howard.popple Posted at 7-27 09:23
Have we heard anything from them?

Thank you for your patience. As we further check out the issue, the drone might have some hardware issue. Therefore, we highly recommend contacting our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. Our professional will perform some diagnostics in the drone to find out the reason for the problem and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-7-27
Use props
Orion0286
lvl.1

Canada

Mine keeps doing this too, weird
2019-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules