12Next >
54899 51 2019-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
truonghao
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2425 ft
Vietnam

I'm looking to buy the Ronin-sc because it's pretty compact, can DSLR cameras use it? (Canon 750d, 800d, ...). Can someone take the exam. Thank you.

Great, you can use the Ronin-sc smoothly with DSLRs that aren't too heavy. Such as 800d 80d. I tested and was quite perfect for my devices although the video recording buttons did not work
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi truonghao, Ronin-SC is built for mirrorless cameras, while Ronin-S is a professional handheld stabilizer designed for large and heavy cameras such as DSLRs and larger mirrorless cameras.
Testing has shown that Ronin-SC can provide stability for cameras with a payload of 2 kg, but certain models of cameras may not be able to use the Ronin-SC control function.
Please refer to the compatible list to use the cameras in the list for a better experience: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2019-7-25
Use props
djiuser_NQ9lcraFMKat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265164 ft
Belgium

So if I understand your answer, I could use my Nikon D5300 on the Ronin SC, it will be stabilized because it is less than 2 Kg with my obejctif but without access to control such as the launch of a video recording or a photo ?
2019-7-25
Use props
Jean-Phi91
lvl.1
Belgium

To be more precise would my camera be stabilized and could I control the movements with the joystick or my movements without worries ?
2019-7-25
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most definitely works with DSLRs. We are using with Canon 80D and Canon 6D Mark II.
2019-7-25
Use props
Jean-Phi91
lvl.1
Belgium

Moni Johnson Posted at 7-25 04:39
Most definitely works with DSLRs. We are using with Canon 80D and Canon 6D Mark II.

Thanks for your reply
2019-7-25
Use props
Kblaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49068 ft
United States

Do not buy, I got one , does not work as stated, compan won’t let me send back, only had 3 days, do not buy from them direct, but from retailers not this scam sales team,
2019-7-25
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kblaw Posted at 7-25 08:41
Do not buy, I got one , does not work as stated, compan won’t let me send back, only had 3 days, do not buy from them direct, but from retailers not this scam sales team,

What does not work for you? Just curious. Perhaps we can help you resolve the issue. We bought 2 units from DJI and have not had any problems.
2019-7-25
Use props
Kblaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49068 ft
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 7-25 10:23
What does not work for you? Just curious. Perhaps we can help you resolve the issue. We bought 2 units from DJI and have not had any problems.

I am happy for you. I was told my camera was in the compatibly list. It is not and the cable they sent wrong one. Played around the the software will only let me snap photo not film, DJI deceived me. The follow me does not work with my gear. I got fed up after 6 hours and ask to send back. All I get back is scripted replies. Won’t furnish me with shipping label, DJI wants me to pay for this. I should have bought from B&H, they have no return policy so simple.  Never aging will buy direct from this unethical company. When I called to order. They took my money and offered no advise or anything. Been fighting with this company for 9 days and still nothing,
2019-7-26
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-25 01:49
Hi truonghao, Ronin-SC is built for mirrorless cameras, while Ronin-S is a professional handheld stabilizer designed for large and heavy cameras such as DSLRs and larger mirrorless cameras.
Testing has shown that Ronin-SC can provide stability for cameras with a payload of 2 kg, but certain models of cameras may not be able to use the Ronin-SC control function.
Please refer to the compatible list to use the cameras in the list for a better experience: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin_SC/Ronin_SC_Camera_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

My DSLR is very light at only 1kg (including lens). I just wonder if the Ronin-SC software supports DSLR cameras?
2019-7-26
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

Thank for reply, Does the Ronin-S software support DSLR cameras?
2019-7-26
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

truonghao Posted at 7-26 18:31
Thank for reply, Does the Ronin-S software support DSLR cameras?

What feature in the software are you referring to?
2019-7-30
Use props
diy-guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11857 ft
Germany

Dji will never confirm officially that the Ronin SC can handle DSLR cameras. The Ronin S is intended for this. However, the Ronin SC can of course also handle DSLR cameras. But this will not appear on any official compatibility list.
I myself use an EOS 6d mk II with the Ronin SC and it works. But you notice that it is at the limit.
You will have no choice but to rely on the experience of other people.
Here is my experience with the Ronin SC with the EOS 6D mk 2 and a 24-70 L4 IS USM
https://konkludenz.de/en/dji-ron ... s-first-impression/
2019-8-2
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

Moni Johnson Posted at 7-30 14:00
What feature in the software are you referring to?

I think it is a lens adjustment mode on gimbal
2019-8-2
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

diy-guy Posted at 8-2 01:15
Dji will never confirm officially that the Ronin SC can handle DSLR cameras. The Ronin S is intended for this. However, the Ronin SC can of course also handle DSLR cameras. But this will not appear on any official compatibility list.
I myself use an EOS 6d mk II with the Ronin SC and it works. But you notice that it is at the limit.
You will have no choice but to rely on the experience of other people.

Thank for your review. My Canon 800d camera is much lighter than 6D mark II, I think I should buy ronin-sc for my camera.
2019-8-2
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

truonghao Posted at 8-2 07:33
I think it is a lens adjustment mode on gimbal

Ah. I understand now. If the Ronin SC is supports a similar line to the Ronin S, it should support at least SOME DSLRs.
2019-8-2
Use props
TiWar
New

Israel

Hi Guys!
Can you help me and give some bits of advice?
I want to buy a Ronin S\SC (pretty the same price (right now) but can't buy expensive cameras - I want EOS 250D(SL3) -  it's better than 80D BUT DJI and Zhiyun listed the only compatibility wth 80D!!! Tell me why?
Is it possible to use it with Ronin? I mean full functionality - follow focus etc.?
2019-8-3
Use props
Gaëtanwin
lvl.1
Belgium

HI ,
I just bought the Ronin SC and Balanced my canon 77D with a 15-55 mm kit lens and it works perfect, but now I want to use the record button on the Ronin too. the Canon only has a mini usb connection and the cables that come with the Ronin are micro usb, I'm wondering before I get a convertor if this would work , I mean using the micro usb cable that comes with the Ronin and connects it to a converter and plug it in the mini usb of the canon 77D ?
2019-8-3
Use props
gtmoderncreations
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
What lens did you use with the 6D markII.
I’m thinking to get the ronin-sc and to use it with that camera.
Also, you can use the controls to move the camera?
Thanks in advance!!
2019-8-9
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gtmoderncreations Posted at 8-9 16:53
Hello,
What lens did you use with the 6D markII.
I’m thinking to get the ronin-sc and to use it with that camera.

I have "partially" used the Ronin SC with the 6DMKII and the Sigma 24mm f/1.4 Art lens. What I mean by "partially" is that I can properly balance that setup, but I lose many degrees of front-to-back tilt because the front-heavy lens requires me to move the camera so far back to counter-balance that the camera often hits the back gimbal motor.

However, for full use of the gimbal I have used the 6D with the Canon 50mm f/1.8 and with the Canon EF 24mm f/2.8. Both those lenses are shorter and much lighter weight than the Sigma lens though, so this makes sense.
2019-8-13
Use props
Sam Video
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Both the Canon 750d and 800d camera bodies are pretty lightweight coming in at just over one pound of body weight. The thing is that you also have to factor in the accessories you will be mounting to your camera too.

Although the Ronin SC has a maximum load capacity of 4.4 pounds, I personally try to keep at least 20% of the load capacity free as in my experience, the motors have an easier job of stabilizing the image. So 80% of the 4.4 pounds is 3.52 pounds, deduct the 1.1 pounds for your camera body and you are looking at around 2.42 pounds of load capacity for your camera accessories.

This could be enough for your setup but I would go with the DJI Ronin S if possible as its 7.94 pound load capacity is definable enough for those cameras. This in addition to its excellent performance is why the DJI Ronin S is usually the recommended DSLR gimbal and it has a great reputation too.
2019-8-15
Use props
FILEA1398win
New

Romania

Hi There! I do actually have a Canon SL2 (200d) that has the USB Type Mini B which is even older that the SL3 has (Micro USB). So, do anybody knows, is it possible to plug in the camera to the DJI Ronin S/SC USB Type-C Port using a converter (from USB Type Mini B - USB Type-C) and still be able to use some features like the Gimbal Joystick and the DJI Software for making Time Lapse videos? Thanks!
2019-8-29
Use props
Levisatak
New

Hello !
I am currently on the Nikkon D5300 DSLR, with a 18-55 lens. I already have the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 that i use with my phone to get nice shots.
I want to be able to switch quickly between movie and pictures and it looks like the little plate under the camera allows you to do so with the SC.

My question is : Would I get full control of my camera through the gimbal controls if its a DSLR and what size of body maximum can you put on the gimbal so that the eye doesnt touch the motor.
In short, shall i stay on my Osmo Mobile or invest in the Ronin-SC.

Thanks in advance !
2019-9-4
Use props
Almansour
lvl.1

Could I use this Ronin-SC with canon 5D mark VI and 24-105 f4 L II USM?
I want to use it just for [Active track 3.0 feature] to track the movement of one child inside small studio.
2019-9-13
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>

Almansour Posted at 9-13 20:56
Could I use this Ronin-SC with canon 5D mark VI and 24-105 f4 L II USM?
I want to use it just for [Active track 3.0 feature] to track the movement of one child inside small studio.

I would assume not, unless you used a counterweight at the back end (so your camera would not need to be moved so far back). Keep in mind though, the combined weight of the body, lens, and counterweight might be too heavy for the SC at certain angles. This is all just my opinion though.
2019-9-14
Use props
Almansour
lvl.1

Moni Johnson Posted at 9-14 05:33
I would assume not, unless you used a counterweight at the back end (so your camera would not need to be moved so far back). Keep in mind though, the combined weight of the body, lens, and counterweight might be too heavy for the SC at certain angles. This is all just my opinion though.

Thank you very much for your advise.
Do you think this DJI will update the firmware of Ronin S to support Object traching or they will produce a sccessor for Ronin S [say] Ronin S2.
2019-9-14
Use props
emanuel_11
lvl.1

djiuser_NQ9lcraFMKat Posted at 7-25 02:49
So if I understand your answer, I could use my Nikon D5300 on the Ronin SC, it will be stabilized because it is less than 2 Kg with my obejctif but without access to control such as the launch of a video recording or a photo ?

I have the same issue. DJI Ronin SC with Nikon D5300 and NIKKOR 10-20mm DX VR lens, I can fully balance the camera on the gimbal, and can use it for shooting videos, but cannot have full control and use the Panorama, Timelapse and Track functions on the Ronin App. There is no cable to connect the camera to the gimbal, and although I have managed to get a few cables and adaptors from eBay and plugged the camera to the gimbal (tried both the camera miniUSB and the shutter port), I had no success in making the camera fully functional with the gimbal. It's pity that we have to wait for Ronin to develop (in slow mo) new features and compatibility updates. I would love to use the device before is being discontinued from the market.
2019-9-28
Use props
fans231de0c2
New

truonghao Posted at 8-2 07:34
Thank for your review. My Canon 800d camera is much lighter than 6D mark II, I think I should buy ronin-sc for my camera.

Hi, I would like to know if you  bought the dji ronin sc with your Canon 800d. I am in the same situation. And your review should help me a lot. Thank you
2019-10-7
Use props
djiuser_MQCgeUrMF0CM
New

FILEA1398win Posted at 8-29 09:41
Hi There! I do actually have a Canon SL2 (200d) that has the USB Type Mini B which is even older that the SL3 has (Micro USB). So, do anybody knows, is it possible to plug in the camera to the DJI Ronin S/SC USB Type-C Port using a converter (from USB Type Mini B - USB Type-C) and still be able to use some features like the Gimbal Joystick and the DJI Software for making Time Lapse videos? Thanks![view_image]

Could this DJI accessory work: "Ronin-S Multi-Camera Control Cable (Mini USB)" ?
2019-10-7
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

fans231de0c2 Posted at 10-7 05:44
Hi, I would like to know if you  bought the dji ronin sc with your Canon 800d. I am in the same situation. And your review should help me a lot. Thank you

I used Ronin-sc with Canon 800d normally
2019-11-1
Use props
likes py
New

Paraguay

truonghao Posted at 11-1 00:45
I used Ronin-sc with Canon 800d normally

hello, how did you get the connection
2019-11-6
Use props
luiscameraman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 626811 ft
Ireland

That's great, what lenses  r u using?  Will the Ronin sc, balance the camera with the a 24-70?

Thanks!
2019-12-16
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

luiscameraman Posted at 2019-12-16 00:11
That's great, what lenses  r u using?  Will the Ronin sc, balance the camera with the a 24-70?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. For full range of motion I have used the Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 28mm f/2.8, and the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Art. My larger/longer lenses will balance but I can not go full tilt with them due to the back motor blocking the camera.
2020-1-24
Use props
willghost82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1020719 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys... Can I use my Ronin SC with a Nikon D3400 18-55 Lens?
2020-2-9
Use props
fans8f4fe8e6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41286 ft
Russia

Has anyone tried connecting a CANON 250D via a FUJI cable, maybe it will work?
2020-2-11
Use props
djiuser_9X40F7vMSsko
lvl.1
United States

FILEA1398win Posted at 2019-8-29 09:41
Hi There! I do actually have a Canon SL2 (200d) that has the USB Type Mini B which is even older that the SL3 has (Micro USB). So, do anybody knows, is it possible to plug in the camera to the DJI Ronin S/SC USB Type-C Port using a converter (from USB Type Mini B - USB Type-C) and still be able to use some features like the Gimbal Joystick and the DJI Software for making Time Lapse videos? Thanks![view_image]

I own a dji ronin sc, also a SL2 camera is light so no problem with weight but i got a usb mini and a adapter for usb c and the camera wont connect and if cable is in the adjustment motor wont work. Should have look at those issues before we bought. Lol i am thinking to upgrade on a canon eos r5 but i got to make sure it will be compatible weight  wise and connection.
2020-2-14
Use props
djiuser_rfZgmyZBZVu1
New
Russia

What about mini usb? How I can connect ronin sc and canon 6D mark II?
2020-4-24
Use props
Jay Pii
New

United States

Hey i want to buy DJI RONIN-SC PRO But i have a Canon sl3 with a macro 85mm lens is more heavier than the camara / so it will be more front heavy. i need the auto tracking Is their any way to make this work?
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_SIHEEuC8k6Ck
New

Spain

Moni Johnson Posted at 2019-7-25 04:39

Hi there !! How did you manage to connect the Canon eos6D mark ii to ronin SC ???
2020-7-14
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SIHEEuC8k6Ck Posted at 7-14 09:51
Hi there !! How did you manage to connect the Canon eos6D mark ii to ronin SC ???

Unfortunately, I didn't document (video) the setup back when I had the 6D MK II.
2020-7-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules