are the Remotes country specific
2491 7 2019-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

Is there one remote for the DJI spark that can be used worldwide, or are there different models for different regions. in other words. i probably could take my pair, remote and spark anywhere in the world . are there regions where they have a different controller / spark wifi ? that if i bought ether they would not work with my existing pair.
2019-7-25
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

No, AFAIK the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz frequency bands are free to use worldwide. However, there can be differences from country to country in the allowed amount of power transmitted on these bands. In the US for instance, being an FCC country, the Spark transmits at a substancially higer power (600mW?) than in European countries (CE area), where only 25 mW are permitted. Thats why the usable range of the Spark is much shorter in CE countries.

I'd like to see a map, which country is treated as CE or FCC by the Spark. Pointers anyone?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-7-25
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

No. Same remote and drone. It uses GPS to decide what country it's in for FCC or CE rules.
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The aircraft will identify the country and region where it locates according to the condition of the mobile device and the GPS of the aircraft, and switch between FCC, CE and SRRC in accordance with local laws and regulations. For additional information,  FCC, CE, and SRRC are three different certifications. FCC is the US mandatory certification, CE is the EU mandatory certification, and SRRC is the State Radio Regulatory Commission in China. Hope that this would clarify the query. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-25
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

So if I live in the USA it's ok to buy a remote from Japan
2019-7-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Simple answer: Yes
2019-7-25
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Frunobulax Posted at 7-25 09:52

Yes, it only has to be a DJI Spark remote.
2019-7-25
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Frunobulax Posted at 7-25 09:52

I would be careful with the "buying it from Japan part". I believe 5.8ghz is not allowed there at all. From what i know the GO Pro camera's/Karma don't have 5.8 at all even if you change location to EU/US where it is allowed.

Japan's Conformity laws may prevent the item from having 5.8 capability at all(not just through software disabling it).

I haven't looked this up recently so it may have changed, but it's definitely something you should check with DJI.
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules