OSMO ACTION AFTER UNDERWATERUSE
2524 6 2019-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gibor
lvl.2
Germany

G'day mates,
my first try to use it under water made me scream....
It seems that the mic hole gets water in.
Why I think so?

The recordings have a muffle sound
!!!AND!!!
The Voice-Control doesn't work until the cam and the mic hole are dry again.

Anybody same issue or any idea how to handle?

cheers
Heiner

2019-7-25
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I guess I would try blowing in the two microphone holes.  It might clear out water.  

Although the manual and FAQ suggest letting the camera dry naturally.
2019-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not sure how you can avoid this, yes it takes a little time to flush out, but since I’ve been filming UW I’ve found it great .
2019-7-25
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

AND the voice control doesn't work underwater either!
2019-7-29
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Any action camera that goes under water is going to have muffled sounds when you remove it from the water.  Generally it only lasts a few seconds and then the sound is back to normal (well normal for an action cam).  I can't speak for voice control because who really talks to their action cam?  We know it wont work under water and if you're using it above land, you can just press the record button before you start your activity... Also, I shut it off to conserve power.  
2019-7-30
Use props
fans78197b8f
lvl.2
Singapore

I used to be an owner of GoPro 4,5,  just bought an Action in Japan recently for beach vacation, but at the first time when I jumped into sea, the camera was broken -- suddenly it did not respond anymore, and only red light is on when I restarted the camera.
When I sent it back to DIJ Japan, they told me that the lens was closed enough, ohhh My goodness, I never touched this part, and why should I touch the lens?? I suspect they were not closed enough when shipped!

Now I am still arguing with support, they asked me to prove that I did not touch the lens ?! how could I, as a a previous GoPro owner. we just brought the camear into water as it is. but why OSMO just broke?

2019-8-8
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249213 ft
United Kingdom

fans78197b8f Posted at 8-8 18:41
I used to be an owner of GoPro 4,5,  just bought an Action in Japan recently for beach vacation, but at the first time when I jumped into sea, the camera was broken -- suddenly it did not respond anymore, and only red light is on when I restarted the camera.
When I sent it back to DIJ Japan, they told me that the lens was closed enough, ohhh My goodness, I never touched this part, and why should I touch the lens?? I suspect they were not closed enough when shipped!

If the Action isn't up for the job it shouldn't be sold as an action camera
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules