Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drift and Bounce
691 4 2019-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KciRicK
lvl.1

United States

After not using my Spark for a while I noticed that when I tried to fly it again it would drift but mostly bounce up and down. It could not hold a position in the air like it used to. it fluctuates up and down. I have reset the compass and IMU several times in different locations. I'm not sure what could be the problem. I noticed that one of my propellers is slightly higher than the other, this might have been due to a small crash but it hadn't affected it before. Any ideas what could be wrong?
IMG_5908.jpg

2019-7-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try to change to new props , for testing.
I had once a tiny cut in one.
On certain wind situations, not strong winds, it was more the direction to the bird / of the bird to it, it was unsteady.
New set: all fine
But it can be something else, of course!

And, perhaps, for the next picture check that the position of the blades is the closest to each other.
I think that's not the case, for this one.
But some degrees difference can make it a "slightly" different height.
2019-7-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try to change your props and maybe do a factory reset of the Spark to see if that resolves your issue?
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day KciRicK. I am sorry for the trouble and to know what happened to your DJI Spark. Since your DJI Spark had a crash I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the real reason of the crash and of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for your support.
2019-7-26
Use props
KciRicK
lvl.1

United States

Found out the issue it was that one of the Motors was rubbing the sides due to a small crash I'm guessing. I think a motor replacement will do the trick. I did all the things you guys suggested and it didn't seem to work. However, I flew it with the Propeller guards and it flew just perfectly. without it still very jerky and choppy flying. I'm ordering a replacement motor and a small soldering kit from Amazon, hopefully all goes well.  
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules