Has DJI completely forgotten about the Ronin-S now that they've r...
3417 14 2019-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrislandy
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI -

Quite honestly, what the hell are you doing?  When can we expect a firmware update to make the Ronin-S actually work with Nikon and Atomos Ninja V?  If you're not going to support it, let us know so we can sell our DJI gear and move on.
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate raising your concern with us. Some of Nikon's cameras are compatible with our Ronin-S but the Atmos Ninja V can't be examined as this serves as your external monitor or mobile device. Using this wouldn't guarantee the outcome. However, I'd like to forward this suggestion to our designated department for attention. Thank you for understanding.
2019-7-25
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 7-25 16:16
Hi, we do appreciate raising your concern with us. Some of Nikon's cameras are compatible with our Ronin-S but the Atmos Ninja V can't be examined as this serves as your external monitor or mobile device. Using this wouldn't guarantee the outcome. However, I'd like to forward this suggestion to our designated department for attention. Thank you for understanding.

Excuse me Tony, but more than once Mindy answered us that the HDMI output issue will be fixed with a firmware update (at least, she said that for Z6 the issue was addressed and they were working on the Z7). The problem is not the Atmos Ninja itself, the problem is that the HDMI output in video mode DOESN'T WORK AT ALL on the Ronin-S and Nikon Z6-Z7. I've bought a gimbal from a different brand because I need the video output/recording to work with my Z6, but my heart is for DJI products and I'm very very very sad and disappointed that my second-hand Ronin-S is here looking at me and collecting dust while it's waiting for the infamous firmware update.
Thank you too for understanding.
2019-7-26
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

kerberos Posted at 7-26 00:32
Excuse me Tony, but more than once Mindy answered us that the HDMI output issue will be fixed with a firmware update (at least, she said that for Z6 the issue was addressed and they were working on the Z7). The problem is not the Atmos Ninja itself, the problem is that the HDMI output in video mode DOESN'T WORK AT ALL on the Ronin-S and Nikon Z6-Z7. I've bought a gimbal from a different brand because I need the video output/recording to work with my Z6, but my heart is for DJI products and I'm very very very sad and disappointed that my second-hand Ronin-S is here looking at me and collecting dust while it's waiting for the infamous firmware update.
Thank you too for understanding.

I have the Nikon Z7, Ronin-S, and Ninja V working for video output to the Ninja (recording 10-bit).  I am running Ronin v  1.7.0.60 as I heard that version 1.8.0.70 does not.  I was hoping to update with the next Ronin firmware release.  I guess I could try version 1.8.0.70 and if it doesn't work - then convert back to 1.7.0.60?
2019-7-27
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

Ninja & Z7
2019-7-27
Use props
chrislandy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-25 16:16

Tony, when using the Ronin-S with the Nikon Z6, you cannot have the camera control cable connected and get output through HDMI. Options are no camera control or no HDMI out. This is a problem with DJI firmware.
2019-7-29
Use props
Taolin
lvl.1
Canada

Hey everyone. Was this issue every resolved? I have a Z6 with a Ninja V and was seriously contemplating getting a Ronin-S but found this disturbing thread during my research before buying...
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_Ex95URQxA1vR
New

Serbia

Hi, is the problem with hdmi for Nikon Z6 resolved ?
2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why it is very important to work only w/ things that have a lot of developmental support or has the ability to be developed with ease otherwise you can be stuck with issues forever.
2019-12-1
Use props
fans01e6afb0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I just found this thread and forum. I have the Z6 and recently already ordered a Ronin S. Are you guys saying that HDMI out does not work when the ronin is connected to the Z6 USB? Is USB connection only for AF control?
2019-12-1
Use props
fans00f102af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294180 ft
United Kingdom

Any further updates on this topic? Looking to upgrade to the Z6 with ninja V, and the ronin S was my gymbal of choice - until I found this thread. What’s the latest?
2020-5-11
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

What doesn't work?  I know the focus wheel doesn't work while using the Atomos.
2020-5-14
Use props
chrislandy
lvl.1
United States

fans00f102af Posted at 5-11 00:35
Any further updates on this topic? Looking to upgrade to the Z6 with ninja V, and the ronin S was my gymbal of choice - until I found this thread. What’s the latest?

Hi - With all current DJI Ronin-S firmware the Nikon Z6 works superbly with the Ronin-S. Z6 and Atomos work together beautifully. Z6 ProRes RAW output to Atomos Ninja V stunning
2020-5-14
Use props
fans9c771e3f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28547 ft
  • >>>
United States

chrislandy Posted at 5-14 10:36
Hi - With all current DJI Ronin-S firmware the Nikon Z6 works superbly with the Ronin-S. Z6 and Atomos work together beautifully. Z6 ProRes RAW output to Atomos Ninja V stunning

Are you saying that If we update to the newest Ronin-S, you can connect the Atomos Ninja V AND have the USB Camera controller connected simultaneously?  Meaning that they have fixed the connection issue where you previously couldn't have HDMI and USB to camera control connected at the same time?  Please confirm Chris, this post is vague;
want to make sure hdmi and usb to camera control via ronin works simultaneously.
2020-9-30
Use props
djiuser010101
lvl.3
Malta

From a business standpoint, its not worth for DJI to invest in departments to get Nikon stuff to work. Most professionals use Sony and Canon, and Nikon os quote frankly dead when it comes to video. I for a fact know that Zhiyun gimbals support Nikon products, because bad brands support other dead brands
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules