lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

2.0 mate, no errors so far, will test more this weekend
2019-7-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Scotty Shep. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us today  Just a friendly reminder that 3rd party accessories or devices might cause harm on the DJI Mavic Air and can void the warranty as well. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-7-26
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-26 07:45
Hello and good day Scotty Shep. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us today  Just a friendly reminder that 3rd party accessories or devices might cause harm on the DJI Mavic Air and can void the warranty as well. Have a safe and happy flying always.

Hi Stephen,

a quick one: is DJI even considering release of 'quiet' props for Air? The noise caused by the drone is (or might be) a deal breaker for potential buyers
2019-7-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-26 07:35
2.0 mate, no errors so far, will test more this weekend

Have had mine for about month now.  Quality stuff.  Enjoy.
2019-7-26
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

Oracle Miata Posted at 7-26 08:59
Have had mine for about month now.  Quality stuff.  Enjoy.

thanks mate
2019-7-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-26 08:09
Hi Stephen,

a quick one: is DJI even considering release of 'quiet' props for Air? The noise caused by the drone is (or might be) a deal breaker for potential buyers

Hello and good day Kris Murphy. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to DJI releasing a " quiet " propellers for the DJI Mavic Air. For the most recent details regarding the accessories of the DJI Mavic Air. Kindly please visit our official DJI store at https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav . Thank you for your support.
2019-7-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have used the V1 and V2 Mavic Air props and they are well worth the money.
2019-7-26
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-7-27
Use props
Dakar Enduro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
Senegal

Yep. V2 and no adjusts to gains/exp settings.  No errors. (I don't fly in sport mode though so I probably never push the motors to the point of errors)
2019-7-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got a set from Amazon of these does what it says on the box, & no errors here even full stick in sport mode ...superb
2019-7-28
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-26 08:09
Hi Stephen,

a quick one: is DJI even considering release of 'quiet' props for Air? The noise caused by the drone is (or might be) a deal breaker for potential buyers
There are differences to the exact drone because of balancing precision of parts called rotating machinery. Perfection balancing costs. If you're lucky receiving model having each & every rotaing machinery mass perfect balanced spinning warp speed it will be less noisy, yes?

I'd rather reverse the trend of props and reduce pitch significantly. the gained gyre in flight will bless stability. Battery life, I'm wondering which way, disbenefit or benefit?
2019-7-28
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-26 07:06
I've got a kit and theres a difference in noise level between them and DJI ones

From swarm of angry bees to .... ?
2019-7-28
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

pinkmenprints Posted at 7-28 19:11
From swarm of angry bees to .... ?

..to less angry bees but seriously, it seem to be at least 25% less noise and its not annoying as with stock ones. The 'quiet' effect amplifies even more with altitude.
2019-7-28
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-26 10:34
Hello and good day Kris Murphy. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to DJI releasing a " quiet " propellers for the DJI Mavic Air. For the most recent details regarding the accessories of the DJI Mavic Air. Kindly please visit our official DJI store at https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav . Thank you for your support.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reply.

That's a bit odd as there are 'silent' props for other drones so kinda cant understand the reason for not developing them for the Air as well and, guess DJI is missing alot of potential sales (and revenue of course)
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-29 00:11
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reply.

Hello and good day Kris Murphy. Thank you for sharing these information with us. As  of this time I am sorry to say that DJI does not have the silent propellers for the DJI Mavic Air. Let me forward and follow this matter up from our DJI designated department for the latest details with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2019-7-29
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-28 23:57
..to less angry bees  but seriously, it seem to be at least 25% less noise and its not annoying as with stock ones. The 'quiet' effect amplifies even more with altitude.

Less angry is good
2019-7-29
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

yeah, they're pretty much better than stock ones but they seem to be ehm, delicate and abit pricey to be honest ...
I've damaged one prop yesterday and unfortunately will have to buy another set (Amazon UK) as getting it from US store will cost me much more
2019-7-30
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I think they will not release quiet props for current Mavic Air but will release a new version of MA in the future with which. Marketing strategy, anyway, the low noise work perfectly even in sport mode and i can feel the battery drop a little slower than usual (same condition, environment).
2019-7-30
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For anyone after a direct comparison, here you go......

2019-7-31
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Ireland

great comparison mate and thanks for sharing!
2019-8-1
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

yep, nicely made, good comment, simple and great same time
2019-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules