Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot shoot 360 sphere...
1932 7 2019-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
Second Officer
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Create Panorama function limits camera tilt to +/- 45 degrees.
With this artificial limitation, it is not possible to create full 360 spheres, even with super wide 10mm lenses, that don't physically obstruct gimbal parts in a full +/-90degree tilt.
I understand this crippling software limitation has been introduced with the RoninS to 'protect' camera and gimbal when large lenses are being used.
Gimbal movement restrictions are already able to be definded elsewhere in the software, making this further limitation totally unwanted and unnecessary.
Alternatively, you could offer a pop-up 'warning text' nag screen.
I was hoping this old problem would have disappeared with the SC, please make this go away

thank for listening DJI ;-)

2019-7-26
Use props
AVsupport
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

would be nice to get official acknowledgement for this issue..
2019-8-1
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.3
Canada

Sounds like you're making a suggestion for a future firmware revision...   The panoramic feature works as designed and as explained in manuals.
2019-8-1
Use props
AVsupport
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The manual talks about restricting the movement +/-45 degrees in order to avoid shooting the tripod.
There is no tripod +45 degrees upwards.
Plus i would like to shoot the tripod on the bottom so I can complete the sphere and remove/replace unwanted artifacts by hand.
There is other Create Modules which don't have this unnecessary restriction.
2019-8-4
Use props
AVsupport
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

would be nice to get an official DJI response to this ongoing issue..
2019-8-22
Use props
jarex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 661096 ft
Poland

You can do -45/+90 after update firmware but panorama strategy should be recalculated. For 360 sphere we don't need tons of shots in 90degree position ;)
2019-8-30
Use props
AVsupport
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

‘Overlap%’ seems to have vanished sadly.
And i think the total amount of pictures taken for a full grid is calculated wrongly (images missing)
Will have to investigate further
2019-8-30
Use props
AVsupport
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jarex Posted at 8-30 05:37
You can do -45/+90 after update firmware but panorama strategy should be recalculated. For 360 sphere we don't need tons of shots in 90degree position ;)

In my stitching software ptgui it is easier to have a complete grid ie 4x7 @24mmFF, and you get better results with a bigger overlap 30-50%.

2019-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules