3.5mm ADAPTER!!
1061 8 2019-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Electricfuse
lvl.1

United States

Will the 3.5mm adapter EVER be in stock again??!! If so please give us a estimation.

And secondly if you could, answer this question. WHY does DJI HAVE to make a 3.5mm adapter and code it so it ONLY works with the osmo pocket and vice versa?! And even charge up to 3 times the price of a normal 3.5mm adapter!! Im sure there are many more customers who are feeling this way.
Doing this just puts a bad name on a once good company. I dont think ANY of the developers or those in charge know this and only care that they are making money off of those who are forced to buy their products because they have no other choice! If you cant answer any of this, then send it over to the developers and management and maybe they will start to realize that its about consumers and not about just for their own benefit.

2019-7-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

It seems to be currently in stock at Amazon USA and at a cheaper price. While I agree with your sentiments, we consumers have no real idea why this was done this way. It could be DJI wanted a preamp stage of a certain base quality as it does have an inboard AD converter, or it could be that there is a reason concerning using a USB-C socket for the audio input. I have no idea and nor does anyone else except DJI.
DJI has been quite clever in this (Depending on your viewpoint)  as I can't find any advertising which is untruthful but at the same time has not been that helpful in some of the limiting ways in which they can either be used or their usefulness in operation when various combinations of extras can not be achieved.
That would be my concern and may make people think twice about their next DJI purchases. Sometimes though due to the success of a product it exceeds the initial expectations of the manufacturer of its intended design as people find more uses for it than was expected and perhaps causes more complications than was expected that with hindsight may have been avoided. While it is a bit late for some points to be addressed on the current product due to its design we can only hope current concerns will be addressed on the next incarnation of the Osmo Pocket or its replacement.   
2019-7-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

"WHY does DJI HAVE to make a 3.5mm adapter and code it so it ONLY works with the osmo pocket  ..."

Simple answer; because they can.
Another possibly could be that, because of the other functions that work through the USB port, there needs to be a specific configuration for the mic.

Canon makes lenses that fit Canon cameras. Same goes for Nikon, Sony, Panasonic and all others.

Third party vendors also make lenses to fit many of the popular cameras.

If a 3rd party vendor felt a need, or profit potential, they could easily make one to work with the Pocket.

2019-7-28
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I think an even better question is "Why doesn't the Osmo Pocket 3.5mm adapter work with the Osmo Action?".

Yes, Canon makes lenses that only fit Canon bodies...but they fit ALL Canon bodies with the EF lens mount system.
2019-7-28
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Agree I am heading to Italy in September to watch a race and I really need this adapter and its been out of stock for so long.
2019-7-28
Use props
Mic_ADAPTORcrap
New

Canada

Pics2Flicks Posted at 7-28 04:52
I think an even better question is "Why doesn't the Osmo Pocket 3.5mm adapter work with the Osmo Action?".

Yes, Canon makes lenses that only fit Canon bodies...but they fit ALL Canon bodies with the EF lens mount system.

yes this thing does work. they scammed us 50usd and kept quite about it. I bought one and its doesnt work. useless. its acutally lower volume that the built it mic!

I used a rode micro on it...
2019-7-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Yes, Canon makes lenses that only fit Canon bodies...but they fit ALL Canon bodies with the EF lens mount system.

Apparently, just as the mirrorless Canons don't accept EF, the Action doesn't have a mic adaptor USB configuration.
Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 08.54.49.png
2019-7-28
Use props
Electricfuse
lvl.1

United States

But so far, the only mic adapter that works is the DJI 3.5mm no third party 3.5mm adapter work. They are out there, they exist but it doesnt work because DJI is charging us an extra 20 dollars to make it so it ONLY works with the Osmo pocket. That itself shouldnt be right. Normal adapters are around 10 and under. But DJI is charging us 20 more so they can do whatever they do to the 3.5mm to make it only work with the pocket. If a third party makes one that works, they'll get a large profit as many people need it. But the thing is, they dont know how to make it. As to now, no one figured out what dji did to it to make it only respond to the pocket and vice versa
2019-7-29
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Speaking of Canon, I have had 3 Canon compacts, two of which finally died of the trusty "Lens Error". All three have different batteries. The 2 that died have the (expensive) batteries buried next to them.

I have 2 Canon DSLRs. Both have different batteries
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules