Follow Me mode won't work
781 2 2019-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kim32865
lvl.1

United States

I just got a Phantom 3 yesterday and I've taken it out several times and tried using the Follow Me mode. It didn't work. Has anyone else had this problem and was there anything that fixed it? The drone was up a good 60 feet and I waled and it just sat there not moving. I walked and walked and was out of frame and it didn't move. I was able to apply it and was not receiving any kind of warning.
2019-7-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

With a Phantom 3, the aircraft needs to know where you (and the RC unit) are, and it only gets that information from the phone or tablet you are using to on the RC unit. It gets the information from the GPS receiver in your phone/tablet, so first your phone/tablet must have a GPS fitted. Most modern phones/tablets do have a GPS, but it is not the case if it is an Apple product. Apple devices only have a GPS receiver fitted if they are the cellular version, the non-cellular ones have no GPS.

If you have an Android device, it must have Location Services enabled in order to send positional information to the aircraft. And in case you were going to ask, the display of hown many GPS satellites can be seen applies to the aircraft, not the phone/tablet.
2019-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Like Geebax mentioned, the follow-me mode feature would rely on the GPS that the mobile device could detect. Please ensure that the mobile device has a GPS detector. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for understanding.
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules