Goggles RE have only 100 feet analog range
5279 16 2019-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tiz.io
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309810 ft
United States

My Racing Edition Goggles receive signal for about 100' and only in direct line of sight. The signal starts breaking up at about 10 feet of range or if any object (person, leaves, a plastic bin) gets between the goggles and transmitter. I get up to a half mile range on the same transmissions (at 600mW) with my other FPV goggles and get better reception with a cheapo 5.8GHz receiver screen and linear antenna. I ran several tests with multiple antennas, transmitters, and receivers. Form what I can tell, the internal connection for the antenna is either disconnected or damaged in some way. When I shared the evidence demonstrating the defective goggles with with DJI support, they told me it wasn't their fault and to take it up with the drone makers. They haven't responded to any other requests for help.

DJI is normally reputed to have excellent support, so I was shocked to see they wouldn't help me at all. It really gives me pause about spending any more money on this company.

Has anyone else had similar reception problems with the RE Goggles? Is there some magic trick to get DJI to stand behind their products?
2019-7-28
Use props
Picofly
lvl.4
Finland

This may sound trivial but have you checked polarity of the antennas and the antenna connectors? DJI’s padoga, for example, is a lhcp antenna so you must use anoter lhcp antenna with it. The antenna connectors are not standaed sma-connectors either so you will need an adaptor to use third party anennas  on your goggles.
2019-7-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's the size of your Transmitter?
2019-7-31
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

So the RE Goggles are mainly for tiny whoops you are suggesting?
2019-8-1
Use props
djiuser_q8Hrnbiku7A4
New

Australia

Yes, my goggles have stopped performing like they once were, the 5.8 range is very poor
2019-8-4
Use props
djiuser_q8Hrnbiku7A4
New

Australia

I have changed vtx, cameras, antennas, tried different locations, different drones, even tested my drones on a friends cheap eachhine goggles and they out performed the dji, something is deffinatly wrong with the goggles, i have updated firmware
2019-8-4
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill Kelso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having the same issue with my RE goggles. After 100' or so I lose transmission. Nothing seems to solve the issue.
2019-8-15
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>

Many people experienced signal issues when connecting DJI Goggles with Mavic.  if you have the goggles, please answear the form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/ ... Y7vu8zwfGg/viewform
2019-9-11
Use props
QuadCatper
lvl.1

I have a different issue, but I've flown out mine just fine out to about 1.5 miles (3.2km). On my VTx I am using a TBS Unified Pro at 800mw, and a DJI LHCP Pagoda (with adapter of course). And on my goggles I am using the second pagoda that came in the box. You have to always output from VTx with a left hand polarized signal because that's all the goggles support. I have tried a left-handed clover antenna and it was pretty bad, stick with pagodas if you can.
2019-9-20
Use props
QuadCatper
lvl.1

I have a different issue, but I've flown out mine just fine out to about 1.5 miles (3.2km). On my VTx I am using a TBS Unified Pro at 800mw, and a DJI LHCP Pagoda (with adapter of course). And on my goggles I am using the second pagoda that came in the box. You have to always output from VTx with a left hand polarized signal because that's all the goggles support. I have tried a left-handed clover antenna and it was pretty bad, stick with pagodas if you can.
2019-9-20
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

So this thing costs 1000$ and dont have range greater than 100ft?
2019-9-22
Use props
fansde301105
New

You are lucky that you get 100 feet, I get less than 10 feet with a 600 mw transmitter. Others receive my transmission, so it is not the transmitter.

DJI service is terrible, not their drone, not their fault. No help there. The goggles receiver is damaged. I first tried it about a month ago. Now I am days out of warrenty.

2019-10-4
Use props
Tiz.io
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309810 ft
United States

This was fixed with an RMA replacement with DJI. I just had to contact the right people, I guess. The new headset improvement is night and day. I can fly any distance my normal analog goggles would take me.
I suspect there was a bad connection internally because the behavior was similar to having no antenna attached at all.
2019-10-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

c
2019-10-30
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

No range issues with my new RE goggles and M2Z. All on latest firmware.  I was expecting range issues with all I’ve been reading but experienced none of those problems just now. Thank goodness.
2019-11-1
Use props
john.dore
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi, I have the same problem with these RE goggles. In racing drone analog  5.8ghz mode these only have about 10feet range using a 200mw transmitter using a LHCP skew planner pagoda aerial.
The picture is indicative of the goggles not regognising the 5.8Ghz aerial. During testing  with the drone flying a constant radius circle around the goggles at 200ft /100ft/ 50ft removing the the aerial off the goggles made no difference to the picture. This appears to be indicative of an aerial  to receiver module  problem, SMA connector , coax  or attachment issue.
In comparison to other goggles, Fatshark, Aomway, Eachine these goggles are defective in 5.8Ghz Racing drone analog mode. I am very familiar with LHCP, RHCP and dipole skew planner , patch and yaggi aerial and inverse square law of power propagation to range etc and line of site 5.8Ghz but DJI are in denial about any fault . I am familiar with Fresnel radio refraction effect when DJI has tried to blame in enveromental conditions but when other goggles work fine what more is there to say. All evidence has been disregarded.  In DJI light bridge 2.4Ghz  with the Phantom Series they work as advertised. DO NOT BUY TO USE WITH THIRD PARTY 5.8ghz DRONE IN RACE MODE ANALOG
2020-10-7
Use props
MartinDemin
lvl.1

Slovakia

See this thread for the root of the problem:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=182899
2021-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules