Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trying out Follow Mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United States

Tried it out on Treasure Island, it does a really good job when the lighting is good, and it can certainly keep up. I set the speed to Fast, and got about 40 minutes of battery.

2019-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day gpvillamil. Thank you for sharing this video and for sharing your experience in using the DJI Robomaster S1. It is great to see you in the video and thank you for your support.
2019-7-28
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Excellent test, good data.  Wondering how to use this feature in our own programs...
2019-7-29
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks for sharing! That's one of the functions I haven't tried yet.
2019-7-29
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

I tried having the S1 follow an RC truck but it won't recognize it.  Maybe one day it will be able to follow anything other than a person.  Cool video.
2019-7-29
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Malibu Aerial Posted at 7-29 12:47
I tried having the S1 follow an RC truck but it won't recognize it.  Maybe one day it will be able to follow anything other than a person.  Cool video.

Lol -  dude, that is genius. Just put a picture or some cheap image or construct that looks like a person, for example, head, shirt, arms, pants, and the S1 will follow that, along with the RC car.

Write a short program that does person follow detection mode, and observe when, and when not, the AI has recognized a “person.”   I don’t think this AI is that smart, a mock image or a doll should be able to fool it.  Attach recognized image or dummy to RC car and go.

Hmm I wonder if it can be programmed to follow a Vision Marker?

2019-7-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2019-7-29
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

YESSS!  The S1 of course can Follow those Vision Markers!  In the Road to Mastery, there is code to make the gimbal track the Vision Marker - you hold up the Marker and the S1 tracks it.

Just a little bit more code and the chassis will drive to where the gimbal is pointing - right to the Marker.

Ok, this is going to be my next or after next project.  I have a RC car, going to tape a Vision Marker on it... let's see what happens...
2019-7-30
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

MarkusXL Posted at 7-30 09:49
YESSS!  The S1 of course can Follow those Vision Markers!  In the Road to Mastery, there is code to make the gimbal track the Vision Marker - you hold up the Marker and the S1 tracks it.

Just a little bit more code and the chassis will drive to where the gimbal is pointing - right to the Marker.

Let us know how it goes.
2019-7-30
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Malibu Aerial Posted at 7-30 11:06
Let us know how it goes.

Oh yeah - I'm gonna sink my teeth into this one.

Step one, create blank repository and put in the core bits.

Maybe tonight I can add the bits from the Road to Masters - Vision Marker Tracking

Here is the repo:

https://github.com/markind69/Vision_Marker_Chaser

So the idea is to combine the Vision Marker Tracking code, with the Blue Line Follow Code (to use the PID control api to help steer the S1). This can be accomplished with the Gimbal Lead Mode for chassis translation, but as an upgrade I'll need my Mecanum Wheel algorithm to make the driving more interesting, and if I tweak anything git will track all changes.
2019-7-30
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

MarkusXL Posted at 7-30 19:15
Oh yeah - I'm gonna sink my teeth into this one.

Step one, create blank repository and put in the core bits.

Repo updated with new file.

It works, but is clunky.  The S1 will follow the Vision Marker around at low speed only.

Plenty of light needed.  An assistant to move the Vision Marker around and guide the S1 while you monitor the app is helpful.

TODO:  Increase the speed and make the S1 search aggressively if the Vision Marker is lost.  Also tweak the PID parameters for optimum tracking (that's a hard one, plenty of trial and error).

pid_Yaw = rm_ctrl.PIDCtrl()
pid_Pitch = rm_ctrl.PIDCtrl()
list_Marker = RmList()
variable_X = 0
variable_Y = 0
def start():
    global variable_X
    global variable_Y
    global list_Marker
    global pid_Yaw
    global pid_Pitch
    gimbal_ctrl.set_rotate_speed(500)
    vision_ctrl.enable_detection(rm_define.vision_detection_marker)
    robot_ctrl.set_mode(rm_define.robot_mode_chassis_follow)
    pid_Yaw.set_ctrl_params(115,0,5)
    pid_Pitch.set_ctrl_params(85,0,3)
    while True:
        list_Marker=RmList(vision_ctrl.get_marker_detection_info())
        if list_Marker[1] == 1:
            variable_X = list_Marker[3]
            variable_Y = list_Marker[4]
            pid_Yaw.set_error(variable_X - 0.5)
            pid_Pitch.set_error(0.5 - variable_Y)
            gimbal_ctrl.rotate_with_speed(pid_Yaw.get_output(),pid_Pitch.get_output())
            chassis_ctrl.set_trans_speed(0.2)
            chassis_ctrl.set_follow_gimbal_offset(0)
            chassis_ctrl.move(0)
            time.sleep(0.05)
        else:
            chassis_ctrl.stop()
2019-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules