71638 85 2019-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

As of this morning, my Smart Controller won't charge and won't turn on.  
  • I've tried 3 different charging blocks (including the one that came with it)
  • I've tried plugging it directly into my computer
  • I've tried 3 different USB-C cables (including the one that came with it)
  • All the above still work fine for other devices, but don't work for the SC
  • I've tried with and without an SD card in the slot
  • I've tried lots of different button combinations

Nothing works to get it to charge or to turn on.

Besides opening a ticket with DJI support Monday morning when they open, any ideas?

EDIT: see post #4 for solution

2019-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened to your Smart controller prior to experience this problem? Please press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then the remote controller will restart and return to the normal state. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-28
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Are you running the Beta Version Firmware fot the Smart Controller?
2019-7-28
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SOLUTION:  Connect to charger with a known good cable while holding power button down for 15seconds and the custom button underneath

I had previously tried holding down the power button for a long time and that hadn’t worked.  But the above button combination at the same time as plugging in the USB-C cable got it to boot up and start charging normally.

I am running the beta firmware on my SC, but not sure if that was related or not.
2019-7-28
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-28 16:00
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened to your Smart controller prior to experience this problem? Please press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then the remote controller will restart and return to the normal state. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

I had already tried holding the power button for a long time and that did nothing. See post #4 above for resolution.

In regards to the behavior, I had used it just fine for multiple flights yesterday. Turned it off after the last flight and put it in my bag.  When I went to plug it in to charge it this morning, it just wouldn’t respond to anything.
2019-7-28
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 7-28 16:58
Are you running the Beta Version Firmware fot the Smart Controller?

Yes, not sure if that is related to the behavior I was seeing or not.  Got it working now though. See post above for resolution.
2019-7-28
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

KlooGee Posted at 7-28 17:09
Yes, not sure if that is related to the behavior I was seeing or not.  Got it working now though. See post above for resolution.

Thanks fot the info... seems that this SC beta program is a joke... I see you and other guys sharing your issues and experiences, trying to contribute, just to be ignored by the DJI staff...
2019-7-28
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 7-28 17:31
Thanks fot the info... seems that this SC beta program is a joke... I see you and other guys sharing your issues and experiences, trying to contribute, just to ignored by the DJI staff...

Unfortunately they do seem to have disappeared.  Never heard anything back publicly or privately from the feedback I’ve provided on the beta.
2019-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KlooGee Posted at 7-28 17:08
I had already tried holding the power button for a long time and that did nothing. See post #4 above for resolution.

In regards to the behavior, I had used it just fine for multiple flights yesterday. Turned it off after the last flight and put it in my bag.  When I went to plug it in to charge it this morning, it just wouldn’t respond to anything.

Hi, thanks for the update. We're glad to know that you've managed to fix the problem with this Smart controller. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-29
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-29 11:45
Hi, thanks for the update. We're glad to know that you've managed to fix the problem with this Smart controller. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.

Thanks Tony!
2019-7-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you found a fix mate
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You're most welcome. The link that you've provided to us would be helpful as well to our valued DJI forum members that might encounter the same situation. Cheers!
2019-7-30
Use props
fans0d762a4c
New

Malaysia

Hi,

I received my smart controller yesterday and I charged it overnight. In the morning, I found the four white lights flashing across. When I switched on the smart controller it shows 99%. The controller is connected to the Fly More multiple charger via the USB port with the cable provided with the controller. Any advice, please? Thank you.
2019-12-4
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

fans0d762a4c Posted at 12-4 21:03
Hi,

I received my smart controller yesterday and I charged it overnight. In the morning, I found the four white lights flashing across. When I switched on the smart controller it shows 99%. The controller is connected to the Fly More multiple charger via the USB port with the cable provided with the controller. Any advice, please? Thank you.

Personally, I would not be concerned about the 1% difference.  Did the SC come with its own charger?  You might try that, if so.
2019-12-5
Use props
Arjun Krishna
New

India

Why does this happens in mavic ?
Can u state the reason for this asap
2020-1-26
Use props
controlerfailur
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-7-28 16:00
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened to your Smart controller prior to experience this problem? Please press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then the remote controller will restart and return to the normal state. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Hello.

Today, I was at the end of downloading firmware for the Mavic Zoom, thru the
smart controller I purchased in June of 2019 from Best Buy.

As luck would have it, (I have named this phenomenon Bob Luck) we had a power outage
in my area. The AT&T router powered off and I lost the internet connection.

Now the Smart Controller will not turn on. I have read the forum and mashed all
sorts of buttons in combination. No luck so far. I do see a blinking white light when
I press the start button, but that is it. And help will be appreciated.

bob ernet
502 370 5238
2020-3-29
Use props
controlerfailur
New

United States

Wow

I thought I was following the instructions but I was not!

I was plugged into the computer not the charger. Reread #4.
Went upstairs and wa la as we say in  Kentucky, it turned on! I will try to update the firmware again.

Thanks everyone !!!

bob
2020-3-29
Use props
controlerfailur
New

United States

one more piece of information.

I thought the smart controller battery was fully charged (and it was slowly charging from the computer during the download,)
But I just saw 2% battery remaining, so the smart controller might not have restarted due to the battery being too low, and
the many button pushing advice might have started it again.

I guess the lesson is, that I should have checked the smart controller battery before the downloading began. I saw the message that
the charging from the computer was slow, which might have meant it was losing more power than was being supplied

There are many unknowns in the process.

Thanks you guys are the best.

bob
2020-3-29
Use props
halleywelly
lvl.1
India

KlooGee Posted at 2019-7-28 17:04
SOLUTION:  Connect to charger with a known good cable while holding power button down for 15seconds and the custom button underneath

I had previously tried holding down the power button for a long time and that hadn’t worked.  But the above button combination at the same time as plugging in the USB-C cable got it to boot up and start charging normally.

My Smart Controller goes hibernation without my approval, in June 2019 while shooting it didnt charge or startup again today same problem happened it would power on after 2 hours keeping in box. Please suggest a solution to fix this issue permanently.
2020-4-30
Use props
fans937cabeb
New
Flight distance : 16906 ft
France

Joining the team with the same issue.
The controller will not start!
I followed every single instruction/tip provided in this thread.
Left the controller charging during the night... came back in the morning, it was switched off. No light, nothing even if still connected to the charger.
As if the battery had completely died during the night, which it cannot be the case!
Not sure what to do :-(
Any other last suggestion to offer?
PS: The charger works as it can charge my phone (with even the same cable).
2020-6-25
Use props
mikeylast
lvl.1

Thailand

Thanks for the tips guys
2020-9-18
Use props
djiuser_kIStBb1JqoTD
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Thank You!
2020-10-11
Use props
Wayne Sr.
New

United States

What fooking "custom button" are you talking about? There is no button at all under my controller. I'm very surprised no one had asked this yet.

DJ Mavic Mini NOT with beta firmware.
2021-1-1
Use props
Vishvesh Singh Chouhan
New

India

Hi klogee can tell me how did you start your remote controller because i also facing same problem and my remote is not turning on yet
2021-1-2
Use props
Vishvesh Singh Chouhan
New

India

My smart controller not turning on, i charged this, iys not showing anything even not battery percentage,
Can you help me what should i do or how turn on.
2021-1-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wayne Sr. Posted at 1-1 23:33
What fooking "custom button" are you talking about? There is no button at all under my controller. I'm very surprised no one had asked this yet.

The custom buttons are hidden underneath the antenna on the backside of the SC.  Lift the antenna and you will see them.
2021-1-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vishvesh Singh Chouhan Posted at 1-2 06:35
My smart controller not turning on, i charged this, iys not showing anything even not battery percentage,
Can you help me what should i do or how turn on.

Did you read post #4?
2021-1-2
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

What fooking "custom button" are you talking about? There is no button at all under my controller. I'm very surprised no one had asked this yet.

25 & 27 show the Custom buttons..... if you bothered to read the manual
2021-1-3
Use props
HeliKito
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693632 ft
Angola

hello everyone I have the same problem with SC. I already tried the mentioned combination and it doesn't work. the episode is even after using when rewiring did not turn on again.
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_9323pOroDpF9
New
Flight distance : 54065 ft
United States

Hey! This worked for me. So thank you.
2021-2-4
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

What fooking "custom button" are you talking about? There is no button at all under my controller. I'm very surprised no one had asked this yet.

You might read the “fooking” user guide for the Smart Controller.  It clearly identifies all buttons etc.
2021-2-4
Use props
Roschel
New

Brazil

I'm also having problem with the smart controller of the mavic pro 2. It's not turning on or recharging. I tried to press the buttons for 20 seconds and nothing happened.
Thanks
2021-2-19
Use props
djiuser_KwMs5TvhqmBs
New
Indonesia

Hi KlooGee,

I use MA2, recently I have the same issue with my MA2 SC. SC won't be charged at all. I read your idea in #4 but I have no idea what "custom button" in MA2 SC, I read the manual but no such button stated.

I tried to push combination power button and another button for more than 20 second but no result.

Would advice please. Thanks.
2021-2-19
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi KlooGee,

just for understanding please:
The User's Manual speaks of 3 "customizable buttons" ...!
C1, C2 and C3 ...

C1 (back, left when looking at the display)
C2 (back, right)
C3 (front, top, right - "Confirm Button")

Which of these 3 buttons should be pressed together with the power button for approx. 15s ???

If I read your description "correctly", you mean C2, right ...?

Thank you so much
Frank

2021-2-20
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi KlooGee,

... and something else:

Is it important to press the two buttons (C2 and Power) before the cable is plugged in, really this order ...?

And then wait another 15s?

Sometimes an exact order is very important ...

Many Thanks
Frank

2021-2-20
Use props
Jim Lewis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3166 ft
United States

I had the same problem.  Smart Controller would not turn on (I just had it on a few hours earlier).  I plugged it in with its official charging cable and AC adapter.  Held the Power button down for ~30 seconds and it turned on.  The battery had ~43% charge (~same as it had when I turned it off a few hours earlier).

What I had been doing previous was charging the Smart Controller using a Li-ion battery pack and using the official USB cable for the Controller to connect to the 5V/2A output of the battery pack with the Controller OFF.  According to DJI Tony's post in another thread, this is fine: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =180443&pid=1752630.  The controller had been charging VERY slowly at 5V and only about 0.4 A and appeared to shut down normally.  The reason that I was doing this is that I wanted to fully cycle the 25000 mAh battery pack to "initialize" it (it's brand new) and since the Smart Controller has a 5,000 mAh battery, that was a good way to help fully discharge the battery pack before charging it to 100% again to hopefully maximize its capacity.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet.  My main problem now is I have to do the "Hold down Power button 30 seconds" each and every time I want to get the Smart Controller to turn on and once on, all the Battery LED's are flashing all the time.  Perhaps it's time to reset the Controller.  At this point, I'd have to disagree with DJI Tony's post, which I referenced just above in another thread, that it's OK to charge the Smart Controller with 5V/2A output instead of the 12V output from the official power adapter and cord.

Edit_Update: Actually, maybe the 2nd time's the charm.  After powering it up again with the 30-sec Power button hold, letting it charge for a while, and shutting it down, it now appears to power up with the usual Press-Release-Press and Hold ...  Fingers crossed it's righted itself.

Further Note:  On using the Li-ion battery pack, the 5V/1A port seems to work better than the 5V/2A port for charging the Controller.  With the 1A port, the input current measured with a digital USB multimeter that seems to be pretty accurate shows 1.13 A output delivered to the Controller vs. ~0.4 A via the 5V/2A port!???
2021-2-28
Use props
fans15da05c3
New

United States

I'm having the same issue what button underneath.? I have a mavic Air how do I reset the controller? Thx
2021-4-17
Use props
FHO ATLANTA GA.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2460745 ft
United States

ALL OF A SUDDEN MY REMOTE JUST STOP WORKING ITS BRAND NEW ABOUT A MONTH OLD IM IN TOTAL DISARAY NOTHING IS WORKING IT WONT CHARGE IT WILL COME ON IT JUST WONT CHARGE
2021-5-29
Use props
Mojunior84
New
Flight distance : 10164 ft
Brazil

Hi KloGee! I am the same problem with my Mavic Air 2 RC (not smart). How should I proceed to reset the rc? Thanks and sorry for my poor english.
2021-7-2
Use props
cjpaul99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are there any updates to this?  I'm on location in Italy from the US, I've tried the solution in post #4 many times and no luck .  The remote freezes with the DJI logo pulsing. When I plug in the charger I get a flashing blue LED but still freezes on logo.  I"m guessing from what I've read it's b/c my disk cache is full.  Is there anyway to clear the cache connecting to a PC and mount the remote as a drive?  Any help much appreciated!
2021-10-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules