Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SOLVED: Smart Controller won't charge or turn on
3255 18 2019-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 11022110 ft
  • >>>
United States

As of this morning, my Smart Controller won't charge and won't turn on.  
  • I've tried 3 different charging blocks (including the one that came with it)
  • I've tried plugging it directly into my computer
  • I've tried 3 different USB-C cables (including the one that came with it)
  • All the above still work fine for other devices, but don't work for the SC
  • I've tried with and without an SD card in the slot
  • I've tried lots of different button combinations

Nothing works to get it to charge or to turn on.

Besides opening a ticket with DJI support Monday morning when they open, any ideas?

EDIT: see post #4 for solution

2019-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened to your Smart controller prior to experience this problem? Please press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then the remote controller will restart and return to the normal state. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-28
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 5433054 ft
Brazil

Are you running the Beta Version Firmware fot the Smart Controller?
2019-7-28
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

SOLUTION:  Connect to charger with a known good cable while holding power button down for 15seconds and the custom button underneath

I had previously tried holding down the power button for a long time and that hadn’t worked.  But the above button combination at the same time as plugging in the USB-C cable got it to boot up and start charging normally.

I am running the beta firmware on my SC, but not sure if that was related or not.
2019-7-28
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-28 16:00
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened to your Smart controller prior to experience this problem? Please press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then the remote controller will restart and return to the normal state. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

I had already tried holding the power button for a long time and that did nothing. See post #4 above for resolution.

In regards to the behavior, I had used it just fine for multiple flights yesterday. Turned it off after the last flight and put it in my bag.  When I went to plug it in to charge it this morning, it just wouldn’t respond to anything.
2019-7-28
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 7-28 16:58
Are you running the Beta Version Firmware fot the Smart Controller?

Yes, not sure if that is related to the behavior I was seeing or not.  Got it working now though. See post above for resolution.
2019-7-28
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 5433054 ft
Brazil

KlooGee Posted at 7-28 17:09
Yes, not sure if that is related to the behavior I was seeing or not.  Got it working now though. See post above for resolution.

Thanks fot the info... seems that this SC beta program is a joke... I see you and other guys sharing your issues and experiences, trying to contribute, just to be ignored by the DJI staff...
2019-7-28
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 7-28 17:31
Thanks fot the info... seems that this SC beta program is a joke... I see you and other guys sharing your issues and experiences, trying to contribute, just to ignored by the DJI staff...

Unfortunately they do seem to have disappeared.  Never heard anything back publicly or privately from the feedback I’ve provided on the beta.
2019-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

KlooGee Posted at 7-28 17:08
I had already tried holding the power button for a long time and that did nothing. See post #4 above for resolution.

In regards to the behavior, I had used it just fine for multiple flights yesterday. Turned it off after the last flight and put it in my bag.  When I went to plug it in to charge it this morning, it just wouldn’t respond to anything.

Hi, thanks for the update. We're glad to know that you've managed to fix the problem with this Smart controller. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-29
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-29 11:45
Hi, thanks for the update. We're glad to know that you've managed to fix the problem with this Smart controller. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.

Thanks Tony!
2019-7-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 11652192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you found a fix mate
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

You're most welcome. The link that you've provided to us would be helpful as well to our valued DJI forum members that might encounter the same situation. Cheers!
2019-7-30
Use props
fans0d762a4c
New

Malaysia

Hi,

I received my smart controller yesterday and I charged it overnight. In the morning, I found the four white lights flashing across. When I switched on the smart controller it shows 99%. The controller is connected to the Fly More multiple charger via the USB port with the cable provided with the controller. Any advice, please? Thank you.
2019-12-4
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

fans0d762a4c Posted at 12-4 21:03
Hi,

I received my smart controller yesterday and I charged it overnight. In the morning, I found the four white lights flashing across. When I switched on the smart controller it shows 99%. The controller is connected to the Fly More multiple charger via the USB port with the cable provided with the controller. Any advice, please? Thank you.

Personally, I would not be concerned about the 1% difference.  Did the SC come with its own charger?  You might try that, if so.
2019-12-5
Use props
Arjun Krishna
lvl.1

India

Why does this happens in mavic ?
Can u state the reason for this asap
1-26 07:29
Use props
controlerfailur
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-7-28 16:00
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what happened to your Smart controller prior to experience this problem? Please press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then the remote controller will restart and return to the normal state. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Hello.

Today, I was at the end of downloading firmware for the Mavic Zoom, thru the
smart controller I purchased in June of 2019 from Best Buy.

As luck would have it, (I have named this phenomenon Bob Luck) we had a power outage
in my area. The AT&T router powered off and I lost the internet connection.

Now the Smart Controller will not turn on. I have read the forum and mashed all
sorts of buttons in combination. No luck so far. I do see a blinking white light when
I press the start button, but that is it. And help will be appreciated.

bob ernet
502 370 5238
3-29 12:42
Use props
controlerfailur
New

United States

Wow

I thought I was following the instructions but I was not!

I was plugged into the computer not the charger. Reread #4.
Went upstairs and wa la as we say in  Kentucky, it turned on! I will try to update the firmware again.

Thanks everyone !!!

bob
3-29 12:47
Use props
controlerfailur
New

United States

one more piece of information.

I thought the smart controller battery was fully charged (and it was slowly charging from the computer during the download,)
But I just saw 2% battery remaining, so the smart controller might not have restarted due to the battery being too low, and
the many button pushing advice might have started it again.

I guess the lesson is, that I should have checked the smart controller battery before the downloading began. I saw the message that
the charging from the computer was slow, which might have meant it was losing more power than was being supplied

There are many unknowns in the process.

Thanks you guys are the best.

bob
3-29 12:52
Use props
halleywelly
lvl.1
India

KlooGee Posted at 2019-7-28 17:04
SOLUTION:  Connect to charger with a known good cable while holding power button down for 15seconds and the custom button underneath

I had previously tried holding down the power button for a long time and that hadn’t worked.  But the above button combination at the same time as plugging in the USB-C cable got it to boot up and start charging normally.

My Smart Controller goes hibernation without my approval, in June 2019 while shooting it didnt charge or startup again today same problem happened it would power on after 2 hours keeping in box. Please suggest a solution to fix this issue permanently.
4-30 06:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules