Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin SC Nikon Z6/Z7 Balancing, Risor, and Eyepiece
2470 1 2019-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montivette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217756 ft
  • >>>
United States

Compatiblity list shows for Nikon Z6/Z7 with 24-70mm lens and 50mm the risor is required.  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin_SC/Ronin_SC_Camera_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

When I attempt to use risor with 24-70mm lens camera becomes harder to balance. When somewhat balanced use of risor causes eyepiece to make contact with rear motor when going into underslung or 360 flashlight mode. I can  mount lens without risor and balancing is better and eyepiece will not bind as long as focal length is under 35mm.   DJI video for Z7 clearly shows risor was not used. https://www.djivideos.com/watch/271b705a-f21b-4127-b9ff-5edf587bc1f1?autoplay=false&poster=

Video for camera with 24-70mm lens shows
  - Risor is not used with the lens even though compatibility list says it is needed
  - Eyepiece was removed (which is not mentioned anywhere in compatiblity documents as a requirement to use camera/lens)
  - Use of Focus motor leading you to beleive you need it to use focus wheel (you do not).

If you are using Ronin SC with Z6/Z7 with 24-70mm lens
A. Are you using Risor?
B. Do you remove eyepiece with or without risor so you can clear motor and use focal lengths in 35-70mm range?
C. Why would a person use Focus Motor as shown in DJI video with this camera and lens when you can control focus via Focus wheen without motor?
D. Have you found a way to add counterweight to allow higher focal lengths and leave eyepiece on camera?
2019-7-28
Use props
Kjell R
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52320 ft
Norway

HI
I have the same experince as you, no riser, range 24-35, no eypiece with the Z6. I have also tried the 14-30 mm Z lens, which works almost in the complete zoom range (except 14mm) without touching the ronin. I don´t think the lens support is needed,  and foucus motor is not needed for these lenses. Only the focus wheel is needed.
Kjell R
2019-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules