Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO4 doesnt see SD card
3819 5 2019-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kris Murphy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

Hi guys,
for some reason cant import my video footage stored on my phones SD card, any ideas whats wrong?
Screenshot attached.
TIA,
Kris

error

error
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Kris. I am sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to open the DJI Go 4 then go to playback menu on the lower right hand corner of the DJI Go 4 screen and download the files you want to edit. After these process please go back to the editor to export the said file. I hope this can help. Thank you.
2019-7-29
Use props
Kris Murphy
Second Officer
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-29 10:07
Hello and good day Kris. I am sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to open the DJI Go 4 then go to playback menu on the lower right hand corner of the DJI Go 4 screen and download the files you want to edit. After these process please go back to the editor to export the said file. I hope this can help. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

I've tried that while connected to the drone but the app says that 4k footage cant be copied directly and need to be done by manual transfer so I've done.
I've transferred all my footage to the phones SD card into Camera (DCIM) folder and everything can be seen by any app but DJI GO4, I've tried Local videos option with the same result.
Also, would you confirm that SD card import meant to be for SD card inserted into the phone ..or its for drones SD card only?

Thanks in advance
and
Kind Regards,
Kris
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-30 00:05
Hi Stephen,

I've tried that while connected to the drone but the app says that 4k footage cant be copied directly and need to be done by manual transfer so I've done.

To clarify further Kris, the "On-board SD" option under DJI Go 4 application Editor is for importing files stored in the SD card of the drone. The editor may have limitations and will not be able to process 4K footage that is why you are getting the same result. DJI Editor is for quick editing of cache videos so you may share edited drone footage quickly. Cache videos are like duplicates of 4K footage saved in the drone's SD card for quick viewing and are lower in resolution.

It is important to enable "Cache During Video Shooting" option in the DJI Go 4 application to automatically save a cache video in the app folder and DJI Go Editor. With this function switched off, there will be no cache video in the DJI Go Editor but this does not mean that you will not be able to view what you have recorded. As long as the aircraft, RC and app are connected, you will still be able to view the captured videos and photos in the app's playback button. The application's playback is a viewer of all saved videos and photos stored in the drone's SD card even 4K footage.

Kris, feel free to let us know if you have other questions in mind.
2019-7-30
Use props
Kris Murphy
Second Officer
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-30 10:48
To clarify further Kris, the "On-board SD" option under DJI Go 4 application Editor is for importing files stored in the SD card of the drone. The editor may have limitations and will not be able to process 4K footage that is why you are getting the same result. DJI Editor is for quick editing of cache videos so you may share edited drone footage quickly. Cache videos are like duplicates of 4K footage saved in the drone's SD card for quick viewing and are lower in resolution.

It is important to enable "Cache During Video Shooting" option in the DJI Go 4 application to automatically save a cache video in the app folder and DJI Go Editor. With this function switched off, there will be no cache video in the DJI Go Editor but this does not mean that you will not be able to view what you have recorded. As long as the aircraft, RC and app are connected, you will still be able to view the captured videos and photos in the app's playback button. The application's playback is a viewer of all saved videos and photos stored in the drone's SD card even 4K footage.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for clarifying it!
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Kris Murphy Posted at 7-30 23:27
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for clarifying it!

You are very much welcome Kris. Please stay safe always and keep on flying.
2019-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules