Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Service Manual For M 200. Motor is out - how to swap it?
2201 12 2019-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adlep2002
lvl.1
Flight distance : 621565 ft
United States

Hello,
My Matrice 200's front right motor is not starting and the LED displays red/orange blinking. Getting 1No.ESC error.  System is out of warranty. I can get the new motor for $90.00 and the job is easy according to my service source but he is unwilling to share Matrice 200 service manual. Is there any way I could get the service manual or at least pages dealing with the replacment of the motor? Apparently the motor can be swapped without soldering.
Any pointers or PM messages are very much appreciated.
Right now I own $5k door stop until we get this taken cared of.
Thank you
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi adlep2002, sorry for the troubles with the motor, we do not recommend customers to repair by themselves because more issue could happen without professional technical ability. It is recommended to send back to our official repair center or local recommended repair center for assistance.
Please check more details here about the repair centers: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2019-7-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

"Getting 1No.ESC error."
Possible translation: I'm getting No.1 ESC error message.
This may indicate Electronic Speed Controller failure, not the motor. Every motor has one ESC.
2019-7-31
Use props
adlep2002
lvl.1
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 7-31 20:16
"Getting 1No.ESC error."
Possible translation: I'm getting No.1 ESC error message.
This may indicate Electronic Speed Controller failure, not the motor. Every motor has one ESC.

Hello,
I have swapped both the motor and the ESC board. It is an easy job. Start by removing the GPS antenna module (the super small screws), then disconnect the module from the antenna, remove the bottom screws, take out the cover and the motor/ESC board is right there. NOTHING to solder. Motor and the board come with connectors. I did put the heat shrink tubes around connectors. Recreate the sealing by applying a tiny it of silicone around screw wells and wait a day for the silicone to dry out. After the swap, reapply the firmware update - this way all ESC board will feature the same software. Good luck! Its an easy repair just tedious
2019-8-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

adlep2002 Posted at 8-6 19:15
Hello,
I have swapped both the motor and the ESC board. It is an easy job. Start by removing the GPS antenna module (the super small screws), then disconnect the module from the antenna, remove the bottom screws, take out the cover and the motor/ESC board is right there. NOTHING to solder. Motor and the board come with connectors. I did put the heat shrink tubes around connectors. Recreate the sealing by applying a tiny it of silicone around screw wells and wait a day for the silicone to dry out. After the swap, reapply the firmware update - this way all ESC board will feature the same software. Good luck! Its an easy repair just tedious

And we still don't know what was wrong with your bird. Motor or just ESC board? Whatever, if it works for you ...
2019-8-7
Use props
MedicFL1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any service documentation out there for us. A few of us are familiar with repairing our UAV's.??
2019-8-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

MedicFL1 Posted at 8-16 14:29
Is there any service documentation out there for us. A few of us are familiar with repairing our UAV's.??

Nope ... DJI is keeping their secrets tightly.
2019-8-16
Use props
adlep2002
lvl.1
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-7 19:08
And we still don't know what was wrong with your bird. Motor or just ESC board? Whatever, if it works for you ...

It was an ESC board judging by the smell (burned electronics). I replaced both parts since I have ordered both of them. With that kind of error it is tough to tell so have both parts available.
START BY REPLACING THE ESC BOARD FIRST as it is much easier to replace it than the motor - due to a lot of silicone that covers the motor screw threads.

Also, let me repeat: THERE IS NO SOLDERING REQUIRED. Just easy  "quick connect" taps.
When replacing the motor remember to swap the connectors so it spins CW or CCW.  
2019-8-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

"When replacing the motor remember to swap the connectors so it spins CW or CCW."

This advice may be confusing to many less experienced DIY people ... Wouldn't be easier to make a snapshot of motor wiring before replacement and simply replicate it after?
2019-8-24
Use props
adlep2002
lvl.1
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-24 20:36
"When replacing the motor remember to swap the connectors so it spins CW or CCW."

This advice may be confusing to many less experienced DIY people ... Wouldn't be easier to make a snapshot of motor wiring before replacement and simply replicate it after?

I am thinking that your suggestion would work too. On the other hand, knowing which direction the props should spin is important, especially when swapping the motor and/or ESC. I have attached the reference photos sourced on the internet (i do not claim the credit for these).
Ref1
Ref2
2019-8-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

adlep2002 Posted at 8-25 08:58
I am thinking that your suggestion would work too. On the other hand, knowing which direction the props should spin is important, especially when swapping the motor and/or ESC. I have attached the reference photos sourced on the internet (i do not claim the credit for these).
Ref1[view_image]
Ref2[view_image]

Thanks for your effort, but if this diagram is not DJI Matrice 200 specific, it may render catastrophic results. IMHO, naturally ...
2019-8-25
Use props
adlep2002
lvl.1
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-25 09:11
Thanks for your effort, but if this diagram is not DJI Matrice 200 specific, it may render catastrophic results. IMHO, naturally ...

These diagrams will work with Matrice 200.
2019-8-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

adlep2002 Posted at 8-25 12:28
These diagrams will work with Matrice 200.

Thanks again ...
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules