Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Transfer RAW files from DJI GO 4 app?
10188 5 2019-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidkosmos
lvl.1
United States

Hi there! Kinda new at this, so please forgive me for any errors in terminology or how this all works. I seem to have lost a bunch of photos I took on my Mavic 2 Pro. I did not format the card after shooting these images. I did, however, manually delete a bunch of older photos and videos through the app in order to create room on my SD card. I took a bunch of photos, ran out of room while flying, deleted some old photos that I did not need, and then continued to shoot more photos. Then, when downloading the photos to Lightroom, I noticed that the first batch of photos was missing. I checked the SD card and they are not there. However, when I go into the editor on the app, all of the photos are there. The thumbnails even have "RAW" written on them to indicate the file type. I need these RAW files, but can't figure out how to transfer them. (Actually, I don't even understand where they are because they're not on the SD card and they're not on the internal storage of the drone.) When I select all the images and try to download them, it says "Save video to your device" even though they are photos. And when I save them to my phone, they are only JPG versions of the photos. So how do I get the RAW files? Thanks in advance!

Shows "RAW" to indicate file type

Shows "RAW" to indicate file type

Say "Save video to your device" even though these are all photos. Then it only saves JPGs.

Say "Save video to your device" even though these are all photos. Then it only saves JPGs.
2019-7-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you trying to save them to? iPhones or iPads doesn't support

raw photos. Although you can see them you can't download them. If you deleted

the SD card sorry to say they are gone.
2019-7-29
Use props
davidkosmos
lvl.1
United States

Woe Posted at 7-29 17:34

I would like to save them to my Mac, but it doesn't give me any transfer options. I did not delete them from my SD card. I don't know how they disappeared.
2019-7-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidkosmos Posted at 7-30 03:49
I would like to save them to my Mac, but it doesn't give me any transfer options. I did not delete them from my SD card. I don't know how they disappeared.

make sure the Go4 app has permission to access photo library

then when you take a photo it will upload from your iPad or iPhone

To library. As long as they are sync to your Mac they will be auto saved.

But again they don't support raw photo, for that you have to use the SD card.

Try shooting in raw and J-peg.
2019-7-30
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

Just like trying to "process", or any file manipulation of  a digital image/vid while the card is still in the camera is a loosing proposition. Files can/will be corrupted.
Just replace the word camera with the word drone/uav.
Best to pull the card from the bird, load the card into the card reader, and copy the files to whatever PC/Mac you have.
Then, once you have confirmed that the files are all there, then, you can delete the files on the card, then re-insert the card into the bird.

2019-7-31
Use props
Horus303
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57484 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 7-29 17:34

Actually iPhone and iPad support RAW formats, the photo app will even preferentially download the RAW file over the JPEG version if both exist. I do it all the time on the go through an SDcard to lightning adapter and edit my DSLR RAW files on LRCC.
I read somewhere though that dji app does not allow transmitting RAWs nor 4K videos wirelessly (strange... and it sucks!)

Now for the original question of the post: it seems your original files are stored on the internal memory of the drone. To get the RAW files connect the drone to your computer using a usb-c cable and directly transfer the photos. There are tons of YouTube videos to show the process if you need help.
Hope that helps
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules