Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Vote] Which display way do you prefer?
2808 27 2019-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi folks, believe some of you have found that the way to display the threads has changed.
What do you guys think about it? Which way do you prefer? Please vote and leave your comments.

DJI Panda ;)
Single SelectVote, Total 30 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

10.00% (3)
70.00% (21)
20.00% (6)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi folks, thank you for your vote!
Finally, the threads will be sorted based on the last post/reply by default.

If you want to change it to be sorted by the new post time, you can click the filters as the picture shown below.

Currently, the mobile device will not be supported to change the way posts are displayed.
It will be optimized in the future. Thank you for your support!

Panda
2019-7-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

I would said both, where people can choose to view according to the last post or last replies.
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

jacksonnai Posted at 7-29 23:01
I would said both, where people can choose to view according to the last post and last replies.

Hi Jacksonnai, thank you for your vote!
2019-7-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

Your question is badly worded: the difference between "last post" and "last replies" isn't immediately obviously. I believe what you meant to ask is whether threads should be sorted based on their first (initial) post (which is the new / current order) or on their last post (reply), which was the previous sorting DJI used for years and is the normal approach used on forums like this.

Personally, I think the new sorting is terrible. When I come here, I want to see what was being discussed most recently (the latest posts) and I don't really care how old the thread is (i.e., the age of the first / initial post in the thread). The new sorting makes it impossible to tell when someone had replied to a relatively old post, because I'm not going to go through dozens or hundreds of pages to find which threads scattered within them were recently updated. The result is that if a person has a question or comment related to an old topic, it's probably not going to be noticed and will be ignored.

If you look in the Mavic forum, one of your most frequent contributors even created a thread asking if the forum was "broken" because of the new sorting, and I'd agree that it is "broken": this new sorting is non-standard, unintuitive, and un-helpful, and whoever came up with the idea of changing it clearly doesn't spend much time here.

2019-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I voted last reply, but newest thread could also work .
2019-7-30
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

Gimpy Posted at 7-30 02:25
Your question is badly worded: the difference between "last post" and "last replies" isn't immediately obviously. I believe what you meant to ask is whether threads should be sorted based on their first (initial) post (which is the new / current order) or on their last post, which was the previous sorting DJI used for years and is the normal approach used on forums like this.

Personally, I think the new sorting is terrible. When I come here, I want to see what was being discussed most recently (the latest posts) and I don't really care how old the thread is (i.e., the age of the first / initial post in the thread). The new sorting makes it impossible to tell when someone had replied to a relatively old post, because I'm not going to go through dozens or hundreds of pages to find which threads scattered within them were recently updated. The result is that if a person has a question or comment related to an old topic, it's probably not going to be noticed and will be ignored.

For those unsure how to vote because of the confusing wording of the poll, I believe this is the correct interpretation; at least that's what I voted for "According to last reply" based on:

• Vote "According to last post" if you like the new / current way this forum is sorting threads.
  • Vote "According to last reply" if you preferred the old / previous way this forum was sorting threads.
  • Vote "Both is fine" if you don't care either way.

2019-7-30
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-30 02:30

The problem is that the date of the first post isn't really useful information and so is not a helpful item on which to sort. For example, did you notice that someone had replied just yesterday to this thread that's currently listed on page 17?

Me neither until I randomly searched through the pages of older threads just now.
2019-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I prefer last reply as it refreshes the thread by bringing it back to the top
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Gimpy Posted at 7-30 02:25
Your question is badly worded: the difference between "last post" and "last replies" isn't immediately obviously. I believe what you meant to ask is whether threads should be sorted based on their first (initial) post (which is the new / current order) or on their last post (reply), which was the previous sorting DJI used for years and is the normal approach used on forums like this.

Hey Gimpy, thank you for your feedback and the additional explanation for the 'last reply' and 'last post'.
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 7-30 02:30

Hi hallmark007, thank you for your vote.
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A J Posted at 7-30 02:50
I prefer last reply as it refreshes the thread by bringing it back to the top

Thank you A J. We will consider about it.
2019-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Panda Posted at 7-30 03:01

Also getting use to the new format so take your time
2019-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gimpy Posted at 7-30 02:37
The problem is that the date of the first post isn't really useful information and so is not a helpful item on which to sort. For example, did you notice that someone had replied just yesterday to this thread that's currently listed on page 17?

Me neither until I randomly searched through the pages of older threads just now.

I see what your saying, and I agree, I’m now not sure it needed to change, but I would like to see a video section added specifically videos and photos, it seems everyone including myself just post videos anywhere we think they might be seen, clogging up other sections, with the last forum videos was by far the most popular section I just find it is now much to spread out. It also leaves much more space for flying tech and general help , just my 2p .
2019-7-30
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-30 03:05
I see what your saying, and I agree, I’m now not sure it needed to change, but I would like to see a video section added specifically videos and photos, it seems everyone including myself just post videos anywhere we think they might be seen, clogging up other sections, with the last forum videos was by far the most popular section I just find it is now much to spread out. It also leaves much more space for flying tech and general help , just my 2p .

A dedicated photos and video section is an excellent idea.
2019-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-30 03:05

Is that not what the 'Works' section is for, all video & photographic contributions ?

https://forum.dji.com/forum-131-1.html

2019-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 7-30 04:19
Is that not what the 'Works' section is for, all video & photographic contributions ?

https://forum.dji.com/forum-131-1.html

I’m not sure we need works, looking at it over the last 6 weeks or so, it seems to be the least used of all topics, so videos/photos has gone from the most popular topic to the least popular topic, I’m not sure why it’s planned this way, but I see nothing wrong with using the well known business phrase KISS ,
If you want to see how people are using all the various different craft for photography or video, you now need to go to works trawl through all the different headers , where as before we just had Mavic V/P section which included all Mavics a phantom section inspire, a much simpler and a much tidier system as it seems that users are now using whatever they believe suits them better and have opted in the main to ignore Works .
2019-7-30
Use props
BobB
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Panda Posted at 7-30 03:01

I voted last replies but also i like last post lol can we have a setting to change it if we want?
2019-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BobB Posted at 7-30 05:14
I voted last replies but also i like last post lol can we have a setting to change it if we want?

There are filters so that you can chose, but at present it always defaults to 'last post' after leaving page.
last reply - Copy.png
2019-7-30
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Voted "Last reply" which will hopefully refresh the thread to the top.
2019-7-30
Use props
yakkka
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1826755 ft
United Kingdom

I voted last replies
2019-7-30
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I voted last replies but can we have a setting to change it if we want?
2019-7-31
Use props
1Eagle
First Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

I voted last replies because I interpreted the question to be refering to the default sorting.
When I first open a page I like to see the latest replies to the topics being discussed at the time.
I also believe they intend to leave the option to switch back and forth.
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

BobB Posted at 7-30 05:14

Yes, we can have a setting to change it.
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

1Eagle Posted at 7-31 13:37
I voted last replies because I interpreted the question to be refering to the default sorting.
When I first open a page I like to see the latest replies to the topics being discussed at the time.
I also believe they intend to leave the option to switch back and forth.

Hey 1Eagle, thank you for your feedback.
2019-7-31
Use props
escore
First Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I would prefer by last replies, because if there comes for example a solution for a problem, otherwise it wouldn't pop up in the feed and therefore could be missed.
2019-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like the forum is now defaulting to 'last replies', there is of course still the option to list by post date if desired.
2019-8-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

DJI Panda Posted at 7-29 23:09
Hi Jacksonnai, thank you for your vote!

No problem Panda!
2019-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now