568 8 2019-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I was practising tracking mode with my wife on a bicycle. She was cycling about 400m from me when the drone stopped mid-air as though it hit a brick wall with a message 'restricted zone'. The area is open farmland, & although there is a yellow marked ultralight area neaby, this is in the opposite direction than we were heading & we were well outside that zone.

How do I diagnose or fix this?

2019-7-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Can you post a screen shot of the map and show where you were.
2019-7-30
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-30 00:51
Can you post a screen shot of the map and show where you were.

Yes, I can do that. Do you mean a screen print from Google maps, from Drone assist, or from the logs?
2019-7-30
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Coojeebear Posted at 7-30 07:29
Yes, I can do that. Do you mean a screen print from Google maps, from Drone assist, or from the logs?

Best to post a screenshot from the DJI 4 Go's map - tap the menu button (top right when you start the app), then Geo Zones...
2019-7-30
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sorry, I couldn't figure it out, There's a map in there which displays Washington USA, which is no help.

I'll try to reproduce the problem tomorrow.
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. If the drone detects that the area is restricted, it couldn't perform the intelligent flight modes. It would automatically inform you via the app that there's a restriction within the location and intelligent flight modes can't be used in restricted or no-fly zone areas. You may try to change the locations away from a restricted area to maximize the usage of your drone. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-7-31
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-31 08:37
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. If the drone detects that the area is restricted, it couldn't perform the intelligent flight modes. It would automatically inform you via the app that there's a restriction within the location and intelligent flight modes can't be used in restricted or no-fly zone areas. You may try to change the locations away from a restricted area to maximize the usage of your drone. We do appreciate your understanding.

Thanks for your reply. However the area is not restricted.
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Coojeebear Posted at 7-31 10:13
Thanks for your reply. However the area is not restricted.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Would it be possible if you could provide us a screenshot of the particular location using our geo-zone map? You may check the link below. Thank you for cooperation.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-8-1
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Here is the screenshot. I'm not sure how this helps?

2019-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules