Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI's New Approach to Sorting Threads on this Forum
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

Apparently DJI has changed the forum so that threads are displayed based on the initial / first post instead of the last post / reply, and they have a poll asking which we prefer:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=194809

For those of you who may find the wording of the first two poll options confusing, I believe the first option ("According to last post") means you prefer the new sorting approach, while the second option ("According to last replies") means you preferred the old approach. At least that's what I voted based on.

Personally, I voted for the second one, because with this new sorting approach, replies / posts to older threads are likely to go unnoticed due to being buried deep within the thread page list.

2019-7-30
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

DJI's New Approach to Sorting Threads on this Forum

Apparently DJI has changed the forum so that threads are displayed based on the initial / first post instead of the last post / reply, and they have a poll asking which we prefer:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=194809

For those of you who may find the wording of the first two poll options confusing, I believe the first option ("According to last post") means you prefer the new sorting approach, while the second option ("According to last replies") means you preferred the old approach. At least that's what I voted based on.

I voted for the second one, because with this new sorting approach, replies / posts to older threads are likely to go unnoticed due to being buried deep within the thread page list.

2019-7-30
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

But then with the new sort, somebody's not going to dig up a 3-year-old thread by tacking some meaningless response on.
2019-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You still have the optional filters to sort by 'last reply' or 'last post',  but like you I preferred the default to be 'last reply'.
2019-7-30
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

Tentoes Posted at 7-30 06:33
But then with the new sort, somebody's not going to dig up a 3-year-old thread by tacking some meaningless response on.

A person who replies to a very old thread would almost certainly have found it by googling something and following the link, in which case they can still reply (i.e., tack on some meaningless response) regardless of how threads are sorted.
2019-7-30
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gimpy Posted at 7-30 07:44
A person who replies to a very old thread would almost certainly have found it by googling something and following the link, in which case they can still reply (i.e., tack on some meaningless response) regardless of how threads are sorted.

We've probably all been caught replying to old threads as per Gimpy. Be good if they'd colour code initial thread years.
2019-7-30
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 7-30 06:36
You still have the optional filters to sort by 'last reply' or 'last post',  but like you I preferred the default to be 'last reply'.

Thank you; good catch.

I do still hope they change it back to the way it was before and the way every other forum I've ever participated on works.
2019-7-30
Use props
1Eagle
First Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

I voted last replies because I interpreted the question to be referring to the default sorting.
When I first open a page I like to see the latest replies to the topics being discussed at the time.
I also believe they intend to leave the option to switch back and forth.
2019-7-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It works both ways, but I like to see my threads.

RedHotPoker
2019-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules