Gimbal problems mavic air
804 6 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaad83b52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26 ft
Belgium

I put up this post just as to tell what can happen and to ventilate some frustration. My story goes as follows. Finaly after long thinking and reading about it bought a mavic air on the 6th of july.  Happy as i child i was eager to test my new toy the next day(boys will always be boys). First flight, everything ok, second flight half an hour later as well. Then a few hours later i took it out again somewhere remote and then the gimbal motor overload warning appeared. I landed the mavic and noticed the gimbal tilted horizontaly to one side and got exremely hot. Tried to auto calibrate but it stopped each time around 80%. I found similar complaints on the internet and some solutions, but i decided to return my mavic on the 8th of july to the camerashop from which i bought it. They told me because it had already flown, they had to send it to dji service center, but i would probably get a new one because it was within the two week return period. When asked they said that i would be flying again in 10 to 15 days. Making an already long story short, we are 22 days later and after trying many times to inform about the status of my mavic at dji or the camerashop, the only thing i know is that the proces time at dji will be around 4 to 5 weeks. Dji can’t tell me anything because i bought it from a shop and they have to respect client privacy
2019-7-30
Use props
fansaad83b52
lvl.1
Belgium

Too continue my post...
The camerashop can’t tell me nothing because they wait for dji to report about it
2019-7-30
Use props
fansaad83b52
lvl.1
Belgium

Too continue my post...
The camerashop can’t tell me nothing because they wait for dji to report about it
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansaad83b52 Posted at 7-30 05:21
Too continue my post...

Hi, I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your Drone. Since this unfortunate incident happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and a corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply.  Just a friendly reminder that  DJI does not recommend doing a DIY dissembling and reassembling your DJI drone. To avoid further damage on the said unit and this process can void the warranty of the said drone as well. Thank for understanding and for your support.
2019-7-30
Use props
fansaad83b52
lvl.1
France

DJI Diana Posted at 7-30 13:55
Hi, I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your Drone. Since this unfortunate incident happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and a corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply.  Just a friendly reminder that  DJI does not recommend doing a DIY dissembling and reassembling your DJI drone. To avoid further damage on the said unit and this process can void the warranty of the said drone as well. Thank for understanding and for your support.

I keep telling, I did contact dji but they said they couldn’t help because of privacy issues. Also i decided to return the mavic without any DIY attemps by myself. My point is that neither dji or the camerashop were i bought my mavic can tell me anything about the status of my drone and that is frustrating.
2019-8-1
Use props
fansaad83b52
lvl.1
Belgium

Now i am really getting pist. After 5 weeks of nothing i got an email from the camera shop it was back from repair. Went to pick it up, gimbal fixed by dji. but before i left i checked if everything was ok. Everything was in the now seriously damaged box but the serial number on the drone was not mine!!!!!  So i left again without my drone with the promise it will be handled soon. Thanks for taking all the fun out of my first drone experience dji!!
2019-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansaad83b52 Posted at 8-10 01:40
Now i am really getting pist. After 5 weeks of nothing i got an email from the camera shop it was back from repair. Went to pick it up, gimbal fixed by dji. but before i left i checked if everything was ok. Everything was in the now seriously damaged box but the serial number on the drone was not mine!!!!!  So i left again without my drone with the promise it will be handled soon. Thanks for taking all the fun out of my first drone experience dji!!

Hi there, sorry for the late response and unpleasant experience with our repair center, since you sent in the drone via your seller, could you please get the case number from them? Or the serial number so that we can check more details of the last repair.
May we verify if this drone performs properly? Is there any other problem with it?
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules