RC to P4-Adv thinks it's a P4-Pro
1221 2 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reeseh
lvl.1

Sweden

I've been trying to Link my P4-Adv AC to my RC for many hours. I've tried many of the proposed solutions, but I haven't been able to link the AC with the RC.

I thnk the problem is with the RC. When I start up the DJI Go 4 App (on an ipad mini 4) connected to the RC by USB, the app switches from a P4 Adv to P4 Pro, and I'm not able to switch it back to a P4 Adv. I think it may be related to the fact that I have both a P4-Adv and a P4Pro+, and about 6 months ago tried to use the P4Adv RC with the P4Pro+ AC... Something seems to be lingering maybe?

So when I am connected to the RC via USB cable, I have actually gotten two different screens regarding the firmware (this is a mystery to me)
- Usually it's showing a GL3000 Remote Controller (Current Version 1.8.0) Get Firmware Version Failed
- But once showing it is Phantom 4 Pro RC Version 01.04.01.00

Anyway, it's unclear to me how I can change the firmware of the RC when it doesn't allow DJIGo App to choose the P4 Adv model when connected, or allow a firmware update.

What I have tried that doesn't work:
- Resetting the RC by pressing C1+C2+Shutter, as well as C1+C2+Shutter+ISO
- Unlinking from the P4Pro AC (just in case it is still linked somehow)
- Uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Go 4 App
-Using DJI Go and the P3Pro firmware uppdate

I've also read that you can go to Factory Settings by pressing the power button for 9 seconds, which I am leaving as a second to last resort.
My last resort is taking it in to the DJI distributors here where I bought the drone.
But I just couldn't let go of trying to solve it now!

Thanks for any suggestions. If no one has suggestions, then I will take it to the DJI guys here and see if they can fix it - but that's next week.
2019-7-30
Use props
Reeseh
lvl.1

Sweden

Update: RC had a genuine malfunction and had to be sent in for repairs.
2019-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reeseh Posted at 8-6 23:27
Update: RC had a genuine malfunction and had to be sent in for repairs.

Good luck on a quick return
2019-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules