Obstacle Avoidance Issue
764 6 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveVey
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi All!

I hope you are all well! This is my first time posting so apologies if this question has been answered!

I'm having an issue with my Phantom 4 Pro Plus. The remote will not stop beeping until I turn obstacle avoidence off. As soon as I put it back on, regardless if there is not a single thing anywhere near me. Ive been 80m in the air with nothing in sight and the remote will beep constantly from the moment I take off with the on-screen sensors indicating that there is something within 0.5m of the drone. Often the drone wont move forward - only backward or roll in one direction.

Any help would be appreciated!
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend re-calibrating the remote controller to see if there will be changes. If the problem persists, please try to calibrate the senor of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 which can be downloaded using your PC and this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads. You may also refer to the video tutorial for RC calibration it's the same way on how you will do it with your Phantom 4 Pro. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

2019-7-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You are not facing into a low sun are you? The forward obstacle sensing often sees the sun in front of it as an obstacle. You could try rotating the aircraft around 180 degrees and see if it still warns you. Another possibility is fitting non-DJI prop guards or some other device.
2019-7-30
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

I had a similiar problem and it was suggested to recalibrate joysticks which fixed issue.  
2019-8-5
Use props
SteveVey
lvl.1
South Africa

Geebax Posted at 7-30 14:24
You are not facing into a low sun are you? The forward obstacle sensing often sees the sun in front of it as an obstacle. You could try rotating the aircraft around 180 degrees and see if it still warns you. Another possibility is fitting non-DJI prop guards or some other device.

It was the prop guards thank you!
2019-8-8
Use props
SteveVey
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 7-30 10:25
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend re-calibrating the remote controller to see if there will be changes. If the problem persists, please try to calibrate the senor of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 which can be downloaded using your PC and this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads. You may also refer to the video tutorial for RC calibration it's the same way on how you will do it with your Phantom 4 Pro. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0R46QPeag

Thanks for the help!
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SteveVey Posted at 8-8 01:50
Thanks for the help!

Hi, You're most welcome. We're glad to know that it seems that the problem has been fixed. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Cheers!
2019-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules