914 7 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArizonaFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250932 ft
United States

Hello, all,

I thought I'd never have to post this, but my MP was crashed a few minutes ago. I was flying past a cliff when something went wrong with a prop and caused the MP to veer into the cliff (That's my hypothesis anyway). I can't be sure of what happened because I was looking at my screen when it happened. I'm really depressed because the gimbal is missing and I have no warranty on the drone (Bought it from someone used). I don't know what to do! Please help!

Sorry if I sound miserable, hope your day goes better,
Stephen
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. You could consider sending your unit to our one of the recommended services to help you out fixing the drone. The repair fee would depend on their evaluation. You may refer to the link below to see if there is the nearest service center in your location. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2019-7-30
Use props
ArizonaFlyer
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-30 13:06
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. You could consider sending your unit to our one of the recommended services to help you out fixing the drone. The repair fee would depend on their evaluation. You may refer to the link below to see if there is the nearest service center in your location. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Thank you, Tony.
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You're most welcome.
2019-7-30
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Hey Arizona, do you perform pre-flight checks on your drone. I'm new to drone flying but remember doing this step with model planes and helicopters. Also replacing the props after extended runs. Just a thought. Thanks for sharing.
2019-7-30
Use props
ArizonaFlyer
lvl.4
United States

G37 Mavic Pro Posted at 7-30 19:39
Hey Arizona, do you perform pre-flight checks on your drone. I'm new to drone flying but remember doing this step with model planes and helicopters. Also replacing the props after extended runs. Just a thought. Thanks for sharing.

I didn't, but I certainly should have. Using the GPS map record, I was able to locate the exact spot of the crash (the drone fell down the mountainside for quite a ways after the impact), the gimbal (which fortunately and miraculously landed in a small bush preventing further damage), and a missing prop (with zero chips or scratches). Because there were no scratches on this particular prop, I assume that it flew off during the flight, causing it to veer into the cliff. Thanks for your response.
2019-7-30
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
United States

I found this in the forums, someone asked a question on prop and engine life expectancy. https://forum.dji.com/thread-117422-1-1.html
2019-7-30
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
United States

ArizonaFlyer Posted at 7-30 19:52
I didn't, but I certainly should have. Using the GPS map record, I was able to locate the exact spot of the crash (the drone fell down the mountainside for quite a ways after the impact), the gimbal (which fortunately and miraculously landed in a small bush preventing further damage), and a missing prop (with zero chips or scratches). Because there were no scratches on this particular prop, I assume that it flew off during the flight, causing it to veer into the cliff. Thanks for your response.

Wow sounds like the drone as a whole survived except the gimbal. No problem, thanks for sharing.
2019-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules