2068 5 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Jimbo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 624196 ft
New Zealand

Hi Team,

I am wondering if anyone has got a good workflow for mapping vertical structures such as cliff faces or landslips using the p4rtk?
currently we are flying manually doing horizontal lines along the face then going up and coming back along a similar line and triggering the camera manually but some of the sites we are looking at would be good with some sort of automated approach to ensure sufficient overlap.

Drone is great otherwise.

Cheers,
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

Hey Jimbo,
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

Hey Jimbo,

As yet we have no work around.  The release of the SDK RTK Remote Controller should provide a workflow at an additional cost, however the users that have purchased it on here have yet to get it to work (https://enterprise.dji.com/news/ ... r-for-phantom-4-rtk).  

If anyone has found a workaround, I would also love to hear it.

Cheers,
2019-7-30
Use props
Mykee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37244 ft
United Kingdom

Hi There Captain,
I'm Mapping cliff walls with P4rtk  for geological mapping and am refining my technique using DJI tools-which arent that great to be honest-. Fundamentally we are mapping a facade .  I have used the 3 d photogrammetric tool in dji- camera angle at 60 degrees ,then re flew at 45degrees then  linear along cliff at 90degrees  using waypoint and setting shutter   and aircraft speed. Still refining technique but its not far away and once done will share with you.
cheers
Myke
2019-8-5
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

Hey Mykee,

Yeah if you could share your workflow that would be super helpful.  I have not been able to get the waypoint flight mode to work linear along the way yet.  Look forward to it.
2019-8-5
Use props
segteddy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207034 ft
Rwanda

Hi Mykee, have you been able to come up with a workflow for facade mapping using the P4RTK?
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules