Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Palm Control Movement fails
544 5 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Old Flyboy
Flight distance : 34990 ft
United States

I have a new Spark with current firmware 01.00.1000 and DJI gGo 4 app 4.3.20
Gesture control is enabled.  Palm launch is successful.
I raise my palm and the front lights go solid green and the app responds with palm control sucessess.
Problem:  I move my palms and the AC does not react at all--not for sideways, up/down, or forward/back.  (backward movement is enabled).  If I move my palm too far slowly the lights lose the sold green.
I'v tried with different color/contrast shirts and sunny and cloudy but no change.
The fly away movement is not recognized.
Palm landing is fine.
If reviewed countless videos and discussions to no avail.  The discussions just repeat recommendations of the many trials I've already tried.  I'm loolking now for a real solution.
2019-7-30
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

I have been flying the Spark for 10 months now and never found the gesture controls reliable. Palm launch works fine and is useful in a few scenarios but I exit the gesture mode right after the AC takes off from the palm and gets into a steady hover. I too find it very difficult to move the AC with the palm and the waving gesture to make the AC fly off to a selfie position rarely works for me. All in all, I find the gesture controls more of a gimmick and highly unreliable.
2019-7-30
Use props
MccloudSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

What nilanjan118 said - me too.
2019-7-30
Use props
Old Flyboy
Flight distance : 34990 ft
United States

Does anyone have anything new to offer?  If it works sometimes, please provide specific details about that incident of working.
2019-7-31
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Sorry. I've never even tried gesture control.
2019-7-31
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

Old Flyboy Posted at 7-31 05:31
Does anyone have anything new to offer?  If it works sometimes, please provide specific details about that incident of working.

I read a long time back when I first got my Spark that some people had better luck getting it to work if they held their hand in a fist. I couldn’t say. As others mentioned, I’ve found little use for what’s no more than a gimmick.
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules