Charging Base Station
1230 4 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was not able to find it anywhere.  

Is it safe/smart to keep your Spark batteries on the Charging Base station (NOT ON THE DRONE) until your ready to use them again?  I don't plan on keeping the controller plugged in, and I don't see me not flying my drone for more than a day or two at a time.
2019-7-30
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Personally - I give them a full charge and then take them off.  At ten days they will auto discharge down to 60% which is the best for this type of battery.  Then, if I think I'm going to fly, or once per month, I put them back on the charger.  This seems to be the most recommended practice.
2019-7-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Can't tell about leaving them on the charger, since I take them off after charging.

Just like to add one thing:
If I don't  know if I (wanna) use them in the next days, I recharge them after usage just to 2 1/2 LEDs.
In case I wanna fly, this way it needs about 45-5x minutes to refill 3 with the bay. Or one in just ~20 minutes, in case it is "urgent"

I changed that behavior when I had some batts a couple of times  auto discharged (no time, weather, ...).
This way, I don't stress them with 100% for to long.
Also I found out (tested), with 2 "equal" batteries, that a fresh charge (I count a day before  as "fresh") gets you more flight time, over one that's 1 week stored.
About 1 minute, which ist almost 10%, isn't it?
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. We do not recommend leaving the batteries of your DJI Spark in the battery charging hub when you are planning not to use it for a couple of days. You may refer to the DJI's battery safety guidelines for the DJI Spark for you to store your battery properly. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you for your continued support!

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

2019-7-31
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

Thanks everyone, first time drone owner here and I didn't want to ruin my batteries already LOL
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules