Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App Crash
1289 14 2019-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLazyC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1256995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey there,

Been away for a while, but racking up some drone time. Lost my job and went full time doing Real Estate Photography and flying my P4PV2.0 anywhere from 4 to 7 flights per day five days per week.

My question is, all of a sudden my DJI Go4 app on my iPad has started crashing every flight for the last week. Nothing has change, I have not done any updates to iPad or app, but while flying the app will just close completely and takes me out to my main iPad screen. I simply click back on the Go4 app and pick up where I left off.

I have powered cycled iPad, cleared all the DJI Cache, still doing it.

Any ideas?
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to sync your flight records in the DJI Go 4 app and then try to uninstall and reinstall the application? You may refer to the link for the download center below. Also, can you please try to use a different mobile device for us to further isolate the problem? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

https://www.dji.com/downloads
2019-7-31
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Delete the app

Update iPad to latest rev.

reinsntall  the app

Test

Randy
2019-7-31
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

Try a new lighting cord.
2019-7-31
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 7-31 10:07
Try a new lighting cord.

"Usually"  you'll get "disconnected" if the cord went bad ...... in this case he's telling us it dropping the app completely and putting him at his desktop main page.

I don't believe the cable would cause that....but I've been wrong before.  And nothing wrong with trying a new cable anyway as well.

Randy
2019-7-31
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the suggestions, i have synchronized records and uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go 4 app and synced records back, will test tomorrow.
2019-7-31
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tomorrow has come and gone......  any luck?

Randy
2019-8-2
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 8-2 20:11
Tomorrow has come and gone......  any luck?

Randy

No luck. I uninstalled the app (after syncing my data), reinstalled app, replaced lighting cable with a brand new one, re-sync'd data and had to reset up all my settings.

Anyway, flew one mission and app shut down again. When it does this it looses all the data from the flight,. Really scared I am going to loose my P4PV2.0. The iPad is basically brand new and only used for the P4PV2.0.

I really do not wan to use my iPhone but I guess that is my next option. As much as I used the drone each day, I really want and like the larger screen.
2019-8-4
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 8-4 17:14
No luck. I uninstalled the app (after syncing my data), reinstalled app, replaced lighting cable with a brand new one, re-sync'd data and had to reset up all my settings.

Anyway, flew one mission and app shut down again. When it does this it looses all the data from the flight,. Really scared I am going to loose my P4PV2.0. The iPad is basically brand new and only used for the P4PV2.0.

Forgot to mention, iPad was up to date.
2019-8-4
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Well,  dang IT

What does DJI say at this point?
2019-8-6
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Not sure what to do next. I guess it has to be my iPad but iPad is brand new (purchased at the same time as drone) only used for drone and had been working fine. I also failed to mention, I currently only taking photos, not video when the app crashes. Used my iPhone today with no problems. I guess I could wipe the iPad and start over and see if that helps.
2019-8-10
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well, new week, new day. I decided to fly all my properties today with my iPhone X AND app crashed again. So completely deleted and reinstalled app, new lightning cable and now new mobile device. App crashed with every flight today.
2019-8-12
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>
United States

iPad   What version software?

12.3.1 Rev for iPad works fine with the latest GO 4 app........you ARE using GO4 and not just the DJI GO app.......right?

Randy
2019-8-13
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well I was hesitant to respond in fear of jinxing but no app crashes this week. I am not sure but only thing i did was format my microSD card. When it crash i wasnt taking photos or video, but will take it.
2019-8-22
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Great!   I have made it a habit to start with a clean sdcard,  and format first flight.   I never thought NOT doing that would cause issues!

Noted  Have a GREAT weekend!

Randy
2019-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules