Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question about wireless module
635 7 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elic
New

Israel

Hi all

I have just purchased the osmo pocket and looking to buy the wireless module so I can use my phone
to control the osmo pocket on the go with bluetooth
my question is this:

Will the osmo pocket wireless module work on bluetooth alone WITHOUT wifi?
will it be a reliable connection?

thanks!

P.S
my phone is "iphone se"
2019-7-31
Use props
Idan Shahar
lvl.3

Israel

I can check for you with an android phone later today.
2019-7-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bluetooth is only used to set up the wifi connection.  So if you have wifi turned off on your phone, it will either not be able to make the connection, or it will turn wifi on (you can check on your phone to see the wifi status).

Note that if you have the wireless module connected, you can't use the audio adapter at the same time (just in case that is relevant to you).

2019-7-31
Use props
elic
New

Israel

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-31 04:25
Bluetooth is only used to set up the wifi connection.  So if you have wifi turned off on your phone, it will either not be able to make the connection, or it will turn wifi on (you can check on your phone to see the wifi status).

Note that if you have the wireless module connected, you can't use the audio adapter at the same time (just in case that is relevant to you).

thanks for responses

Let me get it right, if I'm in a place without WIFI internet connection I can still connect to my osmo-pocket and control it with wifi/bluetooth turned on together?
2019-7-31
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

elic Posted at 7-31 04:29
thanks for responses

Let me get it right, if I'm in a place without WIFI internet connection I can still connect to my osmo-pocket and control it with wifi/bluetooth turned on together?

Yes you can. Its doesn't rely on an internet connection, the wireless module creates its own wifi network your phone connects to.
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The wireless module would allow you to connect via Bluetooth and wifi. The Bluetooth connection would allow you to make a connection via wi-fi. Therefore, Bluetooth couldn't be used without wi-fi connectivity. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Indeed, when you use the wireless accessory and it is connected to your phone, you will be connected to an access point (the accessory) which doesn't have internet connectivity, so your phone will not be able to access the net.
2019-7-31
Use props
Idan Shahar
lvl.3

Israel

I tried with my android phone and it requested that I turn on the WIFI, so bluetooth only is not possible.
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules