Gimball almost DOA.
540 11 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hiisty
lvl.1

Finland

Hi
I got my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday. I went trough tutorials and started flying in beginner mode. I soon realised that the Gimball is not working "at all". After power up it will move and center itself, but after that it is completely limb.

I havent had any crash, and gimball has not been prevented to move while powering up. Also gimball cover has been always been removed before powering on. Also there has not been any errors.
Remote is shownig gimball status as "normal".

I've tried to move camera up and down from the controller dials, also tried to move from the slider on the phone. Nothing happens. Also I've tried to calibrate it from the Gimball setting, but it does nothing.
I have downgraded both softwares (remote and mavic), did not help, currently back on the latest softwares. Compass and IMU calibrated at least 10 times. Is there something to do before I return this to the store.
2019-7-31
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you have tried everything, you should notify DJI(or the retailer) and if it's inside the DOA period you should get a brand new drone.
2019-7-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Long shot but is the gimbal set to FPV or follow mode?
2019-7-31
Use props
Hiisty
lvl.1

Finland

A J Posted at 7-31 03:42
Long shot but is the gimbal set to FPV or follow mode?

I've tried both, usually I set it to FPV. But I would think that even in Follow mode gimbal should not be limb?
If I just lift it up from the table camera will tilt slightly down (depending how fast I lift it), also if I tilt Mavic sideways camera will move again. And when I place drone back camera will keep pointing where ever it was moved while moving Mavic.

2019-7-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hiisty Posted at 7-31 04:07
I've tried both, usually I set it to FPV. But I would think that even in Follow mode gimbal should not be limb?
If I just lift it up from the table camera will tilt slightly down (depending how fast I lift it), also if I tilt Mavic sideways camera will move again. And when I place drone back camera will keep pointing where ever it was moved while moving Mavic.

Does sound like you have a defective unit - I would raise a ticket with DJI and get it shipped back asap as a DOA unit - the standard warranty will cover a brand new replacement. If bought from a dealer try taking it back to the store first as they should replace it immediately depending on their return policy - Apple, for example, permit immediate replacements within 14 days of purchase.
2019-7-31
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86631 ft
France

I had an exactly same problem with my Spark last month. Returned and got refunded.
It was a very annoying experience, but soon later I purchased a MPP and happy with this.
2019-7-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Make sure you get problem solidly resolved before grace period for returns runs out.  Don't wait to last day.  

Don't take try this, try that, try other, promises of fixes, and end up going past return grace period.
2019-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks like best bet is to set up a return for a replacement, it’s not common for this to happen but best to get a proper working one .
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to relink you remote controller to your aircraft to see if the problem will still persist? I will be posting an official video tutorial on how to properly perform the relinking process. Also, you may try to perform the gimbal calibration. If the issue remains, I will highly recommend contacting our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support and we will do some assessment in our drone to figure out what would be the possible problem. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-7-31
Use props
Hiisty
lvl.1

United States

Thanks everyone for helping. I returned my drone and got new one as a replacement.
2019-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hiisty Posted at 8-6 13:22
Thanks everyone for helping. I returned my drone and got new one as a replacement.

Good hopefully you have a much better result this time .
2019-8-6
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hiisty Posted at 8-6 13:22
Thanks everyone for helping. I returned my drone and got new one as a replacement.

I hope the new one doesn't give you any troubles. Good luck!
2019-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules