3163 4 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dylan88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176355 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,
I purschased a Smartcontroller, thinking this is the next best thing to get and would make flying the drone alot easier, which it has in fairness.

However when it comes to trying to use 3rd party apps such as Drone deploy or Pix4Dcapture? Apparently it does not support these. So my question why call it a smart controller when it cant even use 3rd party Apps.

What would be the best way to use the 3rd party apps? Normal remote controller with Ipad? Unless there is a trick.

Cheers
Dylan

2019-7-31
Use props
Celtic Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4144 ft
United Kingdom

You can download the APK files and install them that way, if you need Google Services you'll need to install the Play Store (there's a few YouTube Tutorials how to do this).  I've installed a few apps that don't need Google Services, such as Instagram and PolarPro. You can use the internal browser or your computer and save to a SD card.

The controller is using a AOSP version of Android.
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry.  You can download third-party apps through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. (DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings.) Thank you for understanding.
2019-7-31
Use props
Dylan88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176355 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Much appreciated

I appreciated you can download APKs. Can anyone confirm if I download the pix4dcapture and drone deploy onto the smart controller via a APK. Will it work and connect to my drone?
2019-7-31
Use props
fans9d87b4a7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 999262 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dylan88 Posted at 7-31 14:19
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Much appreciated

I appreciated you can download APKs. Can anyone confirm if I download the pix4dcapture and drone deploy onto the smart controller via a APK. Will it work and connect to my drone?

Also just bought the smart controller, very dissapointed to see that I can't run DroneDeploy when 1) it is a SMART controller and 2) it is advertised as able to run third party apps...

DJI, any plans/dates for letting third party apps such as DD and PIX4D work on the SMART controller ? I hate to think that I have to revert to the normal controller to do these topography tasks...

thanks
2019-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules