Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Digital FPV Ecosystem Released, Take Drone Racing To Next Level
123Next >
18476 106 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 650 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 5 Points! Each person is 2 times
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Take Drone Racing To The Next Level With The DJI Digital FPV Ecosystem, The First Low Latency HD Video Transmission Signal
New DJI digital transmission system offers integrated control, a dynamic flying experience and long range operation

July 31, 2019 -- DJI, the global leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, today launched the DJI Digital First Person Viewing (FPV) Transmission System, an advanced digital ecosystem which includes FPV goggles, an FPV Air Unit Transmission Module, an FPV remote controller and an FPV camera. Together, the system offers smooth, clear HD video, ultra-low end-to-end latency and long-range transmission with strong anti-interference technology packaged into a simplified setup. This breakthrough transmission technology is the next evolutionary step forward in drone racing technology and opens a world of creative possibilities for pilots.  
image001.jpg

“As drone racing grows in popularity, FPV racers are looking for the next technology to keep up with their demands. The new DJI FPV System was designed using our vast experience creating aerial and ground transmission systems and offers technology truly unique to the market,” said Ferdinand Wolf, Creative Director, DJI Europe. “As the only digital video transmission solution on the market that performs at the same level as analog, even surpassing it in some aspects, we hope to set a new standard for digital FPV.”

Optimal Flight Experience
The DJI FPV Air Unit Module uses DJI HD Low Latency FPV Transmission technology (DJI HDL FPV Transmission) which integrates a two-way data communication mechanism to deliver integrated control over the entire system and a stable, seamless signal connection. DJI HDL FPV offers a low end-to-end latency of 28 milliseconds, similar to high-performance analogue systems. The FPV system has a maximum transmission range of 2.5 miles  while anti-interference technology brings a reliable feed to the goggles during flight. Additionally, a “Focus Mode” narrows down the signal bitrate to the center of the frame, counteracting any interference so that a clear image is provided even in challenging environments.
image003.jpg

The digital signal not only features low latency but clear, 720p footage at 120 fps for an overall enhanced flight experience, ideal for fast paced moments. The FPV system can record on both the FPV camera attached to the drone as well as to the FPV goggles using a micro SD card. Racers can capture video content on the FPV Camera in 1080p at 60 fps or 720p at 120 fps while the FPV Goggles can record 720p at 60 fps which can be instantly played back for quick review.
image005.jpg

Fly with your friends as the DJI HDL FPV Transmission System and DJI FPV Air Unit are equipped with eight 5.8GHz frequency channels, allowing up to eight drones to fly simultaneously under one system. Each operator has an exclusive channel, reducing cross-channel interference for the optimal racing experience. Pilots have the ability to view the camera of other racers connected through the “Audience Mode.”

Integrated Control for The Ultimate Racing Experience
The DJI FPV Air Unit, DJI FPV Camera, DJI FPV Goggles and DJI FPV Remote Controller efficiently work together to provide integrated control for the ultimate racing experience. The responsive and customizable FPV remote controller uses a 4-in-1 closed loop software allowing users to adjust parameters for the other three components remotely. Users can change settings on the controller and it will automatically sync the entire system, helping reduce operational error.
image007.jpg

Dynamic Flying and Filming Capabilities
The DJI FPV Camera provides three camera modes, racing, standard and LED mode, to allow users to maneuver around obstacles in various scenarios. Racing mode is ideal for most racing situations and delivers images at a higher saturation rate to distinguish brightly-colored objects such as course obstacles. Standard mode is ideal for capturing content by reducing color loss and preserving original details. LED mode enables racers to operate their units easily in low light settings by increasing the color saturation and reducing image noise to help pilots efficiently keep track of their unit’s location.

Beyond racing, the DJI FPV Camera also offers exceptional filming capabilities. A 150° ultra-wide-angle lens creates a dramatic and unique perspective while the 1080p or 720p footage can easily be integrated with video captured by other imaging devices.

As DJI continues to develop equipment and accessories for a more extensive flight experience for drone racing enthusiasts, DJI welcomes collaboration from all drone-related manufacturers with the goal of working together to create an improved ecosystem for drone racing.

Price and Availability
The DJI FPV System is available on July 31 with two bundle options, the FPV Fly More Combo for $929 USD and the FPV Experience Combo for $819 USD. The FPV Fly More Combo includes the FPV Goggles, Air Unit, FPV Camera, Remote controller along with all the wires and antennas needed while the FPV Experience Combo includes the FPV Goggles, 2 FPV Camera and Air Units along with all the necessary wires and antennas. For more information on the DJI FPV System, please visit: https://www.dji.com/fpv

2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Digital FPV System: Unboxing and Highlights
https://forum.dji.com/thread-194921-1-1.html
2019-7-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool stuff!
2019-7-31
Use props
BobB
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Just saw this on Twitter. Looks like fun but again it's close to $1000usd
2019-7-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been waiting for this for a long time. But 819 bucks is a lot.

I also don't like the idea of now having to own a second pair of goggles
wish the would have fixed the goggles RE's.

But great job DJI, it's about time you guys jump in the drone racing game.

How can I become a tester for this setup?
2019-7-31
Use props
The_Pedro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

Looks fun!
2019-7-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Woe Posted at 7-31 05:34
I have been waiting for this for a long time. But 819 bucks is a lot.

I also don't like the idea of now having to own a second pair of goggles

"I also don't like the idea of now having to own a second pair of goggles wish the would have fixed the goggles RE's."

Agree with both points.  

2019-7-31
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Nice one
2019-7-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 7-31 06:44
"I also don't like the idea of now having to own a second pair of goggles wish the would have fixed the goggles RE's."

Agree with both points.

I wonder if the new setup will work with the RE's.
2019-7-31
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Captain
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice addition to the DJI product line
2019-7-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Woe Posted at 7-31 07:17
I wonder if the new setup will work with the RE's.

After next to next to next to next Firmware update...       
2019-7-31
Use props
fans9ddcaaec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429108 ft
United Kingdom

I have the original Ocusync Air System, will it work with the new goggles?
2019-7-31
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is very cool, but why not release a complete package with a drone? At $819 it certainly seems like this package should include a drone - I'd be happy to pay $1000 even if this setup included an FPV drone with a camera comparable with that on the Mavic 2 Zoom. As it is, unless you are already into FPV drones you will still need to spend something in the ballpark of $500 for a drone and an action camera on top of the $819 for this FPV system. Still, I have been wanting to get into FPV drone flying, and this is an attractive option.
2019-7-31
Use props
Proteous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

looks intresting but the price
2019-7-31
Use props
Proteous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

looks intresting but the price
2019-7-31
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

looks intresting but the price 2
2019-7-31
Use props
escore
First Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Wow! This is cool stuff! I still think that DJI should sell it with a drone, as a ready to go package.
2019-7-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 7-31 07:40
After next to next to next to next Firmware update...

Your probably right
2019-7-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

escore Posted at 7-31 10:59
Wow! This is cool stuff! I still think that DJI should sell it with a drone, as a ready to go package.

Totally agree.
2019-7-31
Use props
Lolo780
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35122792 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Will this system have the Occusync distance limit problem as well?
2019-7-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Does Fly More Combo contains antihistamine tablets ?
2019-7-31
Use props
m.hertenberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 591650 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Replies reward +5 Points

Does the FPV Air Unit double-up as a receiver for the DJI Transmitter/Remote?
2019-7-31
Use props
escore
First Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Replies reward +5 Points

I actually found it interesting to see how Osmo Action was mounted on the drones in the marketing materials!
2019-7-31
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Replies reward +5 Points

no nice price at all
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Replies reward +5 Points

fans9ddcaaec Posted at 7-31 07:47
I have the original Ocusync Air System, will it work with the new goggles?

Hi there, thanks for your interest. We're sorry that DJI Digital FPV System does not support Ocusync Air System.
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Replies reward +5 Points

m.hertenberger Posted at 7-31 21:47
Does the FPV Air Unit double-up as a receiver for the DJI Transmitter/Remote?

Hi m.hertenberger, our system integrates a digital image transmitter, and a remote control receiver. If you use DJI FPV remote controller, all you need is the Air Unit, there is no need to connect other remote control receivers.
2019-8-1
Use props
Fre Mo
First Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

Replies reward +5 Points

I wished I was a fpv pilot
2019-8-1
Use props
nilsonleow
Captain
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Replies reward +5 Points

Awesome product!
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

I may just get one of these for the fun of it
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Out of stock on the UK store but will keep an eye out
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

When will DJI produce it's own racing drone?
2019-8-1
Use props
djiuser_cmGCOZkuawea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1587526 ft

Indonesia

Replies reward +5 Points

Awesome, maybe i can buy next time
2019-8-1
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Brazil

Replies reward +5 Points

That is so cool!!! wish it worked with my Mavic!!
2019-8-1
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Brazil

Replies reward +5 Points

I love points rewards!!
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you think you'll get this set up mate?
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

A J Posted at 8-1 14:32
Do you think you'll get this set up mate?

I am truly considering it. But because my racers are micro's, I would
have to buy a larger racer which would put me in the thousand to twelve
hundred range. If I'm going to spend that much I might as well just get the MP2.
I also don't like having two sets of goggles. the Re's work with all 5.8 drones these
new ones don't. I really wish DJI would make and sell their own racer.
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-1 14:55
I am truly considering it. But because my racers are micro's, I would
have to buy a larger racer which would put me in the thousand to twelve
hundred range. If I'm going to spend that much I might as well just get the MP2.

Love the M2P and Goggles RE look awesome. Do you think you'll get the Mavic 2 Pro?
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-1 15:01
Love the M2P and Goggles RE look awesome. Do you think you'll get the Mavic 2 Pro?

That or the P4P. I'm undecided right now.
2019-8-1
Use props
fans346779c0
lvl.3
Canada

Replies reward +5 Points

Will there be a way to have HDMI or SDI out to give video feed to producers/directors' monitors?
2019-8-1
Use props
Jason James
lvl.4
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

Replies reward +5 Points

Is this compatible with Mavic Air? My MA is super fun to fly in sport mode and seems like it would be a perfect match!
2019-8-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules