RC Firmware update troubles
2389 9 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IanSW
lvl.2

United States

Hi all,

Anyway know anything about RC Firmware Version02.01.0131? This shows in green next on the RC Firmware Version line preceeding 02.01.0012(US) in the Aircraft Info page. I'm also seeing various firmware update or incompatible firmware messages at the splash screen when I boot RC and aircraft.

2019-7-31
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not on the P4P RTK downloads page...

P4RTK_FW.PNG
2019-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"incompatible firmware messages"

I don't have the RTK, but the incompatibility message is usually a sign that the battery firmware needs updating. That is usually done by powering up aircraft with each battery, and refreshing the aircraft firmware for each. There might also be messages to update the flysafe databases on RC & aircraft.
2019-7-31
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 7-31 13:32
"incompatible firmware messages"

I don't have the RTK, but the incompatibility message is usually a sign that the battery firmware needs updating. That is usually done by powering up aircraft with each battery, and refreshing the aircraft firmware for each. There might also be messages to update the flysafe databases on RC & aircraft.

Agreed, with most DJI aircraft battery firmware is the most common culprit for "incompatible firmware messages".

But the OP is also seeing a mystery RC firmware version displayed....
2019-7-31
Use props
IanSW
lvl.2

United States

patiam Posted at 7-31 15:57
Agreed, with most DJI aircraft battery firmware is the most common culprit for "incompatible firmware messages".

But the OP is also seeing a mystery RC firmware version displayed....

All batteries are current and up to date as is fly safe database. I've been on the current versions of the firmware since official release day and never saw the incompatible firmware notification or the random green text firmware version before today. Last week I flew and it was fine, nothing changed from then until today. I also see the message with all four batteries so it would be highly improbable for all four to go buggy at the same time.
2019-7-31
Use props
Geisson M.
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello! Friend I have the same problem. The control and aircraft firmwares are in the most up-to-date versions (Aircraft V02.01.0009 and V02.01.0012 control) but the incompatible firmware message appears. Any solution?
03.jpg
2019-8-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geisson M. Posted at 8-14 11:08
Hello! Friend I have the same problem. The control and aircraft firmwares are in the most up-to-date versions (Aircraft V02.01.0009 and V02.01.0012 control) but the incompatible firmware message appears. Any solution?

Could it be it's reporting the incompatibility problem because the aircraft is not connected to the controller ?
Certainly with DJI Go 4 the application needs to interrogate the aircraft via the RC connection to see what firmware the aircraft is at. If the aircraft and RC are not connecting when both powered up then perhaps a relink of aircraft to RC would help.

2019-8-14
Use props
Geisson M.
lvl.1

Brazil

Aardvark Posted at 8-14 14:20
Could it be it's reporting the incompatibility problem because the aircraft is not connected to the controller ?
Certainly with DJI Go 4 the application needs to interrogate the aircraft via the RC connection to see what firmware the aircraft is at. If the aircraft and RC are not connecting when both powered up then perhaps a relink of aircraft to RC would help.

No. When the aircraft is on (control is already linked), the message that appears is the same.
2019-8-15
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

Geisson M. Posted at 8-15 10:23
No. When the aircraft is on (control is already linked), the message that appears is the same.

Me too. I saw this message and ignored it.
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

I reckon the incompatible firmware message is a result of DJI not changing the firmware version for the aircraft from .0009 to .0012.  I would imagine it just looks at the firmware numbers for both the RC and Aircraft and if they don't match, prompts the warning.

We have been getting it on all of our units that are upgraded to Aircraft V02.01.0009 and V02.01.0012 controller.

That would be my thinking anyway, we just okay through it.  While annoying, it should not pose any risk to flying (hopefully).

Cheers,
2019-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules