Extension Rod question
1274 7 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard Halle
lvl.2
United States

Can someone please give me the maximum opening for the phone holder on the extension rod.

I have a 5 inch tablet and would like to use it on the extension rod, but I don't know if it will fit.

I can't find this information anywhere.
2019-7-31
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Samsung note 9 in a slim case with a little room left. I know this is not the exact answer your looking for but I thought it would give you a example. I don't think the 5 inch table would fit to be honest.
2019-7-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I reckon it can be pulled open 8cm - very hard to pull it out all the way and measure at the same time!
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The max-width of the mobile device is 83mm that can be used with our Extension Rod. For further information, please refer to the link below. Hope that this would clarify your query.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Rod_User_Guide.pdf
2019-7-31
Use props
fanse5394b5d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

Just measured it. 8.2cm
2019-7-31
Use props
Richard Halle
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks. I got the answer I need (83mm), but not the one I was hoping for. Has anybody been able to make a modification to this phone holder  to fit a 5 inch (127mm) tablet in there?
I am sure I am not the only one who would like to fit their tablet on this extension rod.
2019-8-3
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I think your best bet would to make your own set-up, using a tablet clamp and a generic extension pole. You will have to use the controls on the tablet.
Or, if you don't want to collapse it completely, you could clamp it on the extension rod's pole.

iu.jpeg
2019-8-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Or find such a holder which has got some kind of gopro mount and then fix together some gopro bits ending in a male tripod screw so the whole thing can hang off the tripod socket on the bottom of the extension rod, but obviously angled upwards towards yourself.

Or connect this to the bottom of the extension pole, and clamp the phone holder in the above post to the kind of flattened bit above the tripod, which is also a too-small phone holder.  I've done that to mine in order to mount an audio recorder.

2019-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules