Smart Controller of Mavic 2 Pro only has cache photos?
6673 7 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SunsetBlvd
New

Mexico

Hi, please help. It was my first flight on vacation and only cache photos were saved from the Smart Controller (very tiny files). How do I retrieve the files from the Smart Controller?My SD card from the drone has other photos and videos - with no problem.
Thank you so much for helping.

2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The cache file is normally saved on the mobile device and you can only edit it thru the app and share via social media platforms. Therefore, the original file that was saved on the SD card is the one you can only edit using a 3rd party application. Should you have any inquiries please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!
2019-8-1
Use props
SunsetBlvd
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-1 08:23
Hi, thank you for reaching out. The cache file is normally saved on the mobile device and you can only edit it thru the app and share via social media platforms. Therefore, the original file that was saved on the SD card is the one you can only edit using a 3rd party application. Should you have any inquiries please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!

Hi, thanks for your response. However, my SD card does not have the original photos/videos of the cached files. Please guide me through. Thank you.
2019-8-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

The mavic 2 has internal storage. If you didn't change the storage location, your pictures will be there. You need to connect a usb cable from your drone to a computer to transfer them. When you use an SD card in your mavic 2, you better change the default storage to it, so you'll find your pictures on the SD card.
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SunsetBlvd Posted at 8-1 11:10
Hi, thanks for your response. However, my SD card does not have the original photos/videos of the cached files. Please guide me through. Thank you.

Thank you for the additional information. Can you please clarify if the images or files that were saved on the DJI Smart Controller also the one that you are referring to doesn't have the duplicate file on the SD card? Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_BpoC1A12JGco
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just doing testing. My drone sd recorded the 4k files. some in log, great. The videos I can playback on the Smart controller are unreadable to upload to FCPx or anywhere because they are cashe files and only small and they are only meant for Sharing? Have I got this right?
2020-3-24
Use props
Orbitance
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_BpoC1A12JGco Posted at 3-24 12:07
Just doing testing. My drone sd recorded the 4k files. some in log, great. The videos I can playback on the Smart controller are unreadable to upload to FCPx or anywhere because they are cashe files and only small and they are only meant for Sharing? Have I got this right?

Hi, I'm wondering if you found the answers you were looking for. I just bought my Mavic 2 pro and I need help.
Please can you guide me to a link that explains the functions of the Smart Controller with Mavic 2pro for photography and video?  I would like to understand how the photography/video process works; where are original, full-sized files stored, what are the options and how can I change them.  Thank you. Geoff
2020-10-16
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Firstly on android (and SC) generally you need to manually initiate a download of photos from the drone (clicking the play icon, batch select all and download).  They usually wont download the first time its used that day automatically.
Secondly, JPG only.  For some obscure reason it cannot read DNG files so only downloads any JPG images taken.  Same for d-log video.

2020-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules