DJI drones compatibility with India's drone policy 2.0
5044 11 2019-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samyanky
lvl.1

India

Drones were banned in INDIA untill 31st dec 2019, but after Iniida's much awaited drone policy updated, its now legal to fly drone INDIA
However there are some basic rules to fly drone. India launched a website https://digitalsky.dgca.gov.in/ on which one can register drone and will get UIN(unique identification number). Drone must be NPNT(no permission no take off) compliant or compattible. the rules are very clear, and not that difficult process to register. But my question here is when will dji drones become NPNT compliant, drone must be registered on official site i mentioned earlier, only those drone will get UIN number which are already registered on site. so am curious when wil dji take action into this and make there drone NPNT compatible and will they register their drone to official website or not, otherwise we will not be able to fly dji drones any more.
2019-7-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This has been asked before, and the general consensus is that the market for drones in India is too small for DJI to bother complying with the regulations.
2019-7-31
Use props
samyanky
lvl.1

India

market is zero. yes that's true, because drones were banned in India, and illegal to import, and huge prices like almost double if you buy them in INDIA.
imagine if DJI launches there official website in INDIA, price will be low, we can also get DJI care services, like repairing drones.
there is big potential for DRONE market in INDIA
2019-7-31
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 7-31 20:01
This has been asked before, and the general consensus is that the market for drones in India is too small for DJI to bother complying with the regulations.

It would be great for commercial work though.
2019-7-31
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Sounds to me like a left handed way of the government making sure you cannot fly drones in India.  Do you know of any other manufacturers that are "compliant"?
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this interesting article for our valued DJI Forum members. We're sure that this would be helpful to our DJI customers who have plans flying the drone in India. Cheers!
2019-8-1
Use props
samyanky
lvl.1

India

Anokadrone Posted at 8-1 05:46
Sounds to me like a left handed way of the government making sure you cannot fly drones in India.  Do you know of any other manufacturers that are "compliant"?

yeah, they made the process so complicated, seems like an impossible task. it will take another 3 to 4 years for this policy to actually work, them made the plan but don't have sources. anyway I don't see any option here.
2019-8-1
Use props
samyanky
lvl.1

India

DJI Tony Posted at 8-1 09:02
Hi, thanks for sharing this interesting article for our valued DJI Forum members. We're sure that this would be helpful to our DJI customers who have plans flying the drone in India. Cheers!

you are welcome dude, I just wanted some help on this topic, I would love if DJI itself dig deeper into it.
2019-8-1
Use props
samyanky
lvl.1

India

Anokadrone Posted at 8-1 05:46

I don't know dude, but there are some companies, may be they are software solution provider for NPNT or NPNT drone manufacturers.

1. https://www.skylarkdrones.com/
2. Throttle Aerospace
3. https://algopixel.tech/
4. Idea Forge technologies
2019-8-1
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 8-1 09:02

With all due respect, DJI Tony, this doesn'answer the basic question the OP asked, neither does it help the DJI costomers"who have plans flying the drones in India".  Are DJI Drones "NPNT compliant" or are they not, in which case is DJI going to do anything to address the situation?

2019-8-2
Use props
pakshiraj
New
India

Thanks samyanky, for posting this, I was thinking of bringing this in this forum then I found your already there. So thanks again.
Yes Indeed a painful situation.
I lately tried to get the dots connected and get a permission to fly, but came across this process last month and got to Know that DJI is non-NPNT compliant.

I contacted the respecttive department of DGCA and

this is what I received

"...As you may familiarised yourself by now, the DJI drones are not yet accepted to be NPNT compliant and therefore not legal to be flown in India. In case to obtain further details on regulations on drone operations in India, you may go through the following links:
http://dgca.nic.in/rpas/RPAS-ind.htm
"
So, please keep updating in case you come across any positive news regarding DJI in India

Cheers!

2019-10-24
Use props
fans96d2c761
lvl.1

India

Geebax Posted at 7-31 20:01

There can be an exponential rise in  sales of Drone as Soon as any one of the companies like DJI, Autel, Parrot or Swellpro etc..gain the compatibility approval as you can see on Youtube etc that there is a great demand for the drones here... its matter of time
2019-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules