2614 11 2019-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaluka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11755 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I have a Panasonic G9 and and iPhone XS Max. Without the Phone Holder i can balance the camera fine, however as soon as I use the phone holder I cannot get the camera to balance at all. The tutorials mention a video on how to USe the phone holder but i cannot find it. Camera seems to top heavy no matter what i do.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2019-8-1
Use props
8ightyse7en
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I was having trouble too. At one point, I was able to but it seemed to have been very sketchy having it mounted on the top. I own an XS max too, but I honestly think that adding the max exceeds the payload. We’ll find out when an expert on YouTube is able to explain the theory or stability with a xs max on the top.
2019-8-1
Use props
Aaluka
lvl.1
United Kingdom

8ightyse7en Posted at 8-1 23:31
I was having trouble too. At one point, I was able to but it seemed to have been very sketchy having it mounted on the top. I own an XS max too, but I honestly think that adding the max exceeds the payload. We’ll find out when an expert on YouTube is able to explain the theory or stability with a xs max on the top.

The thing is I also have an LG Q6 which is a light a smaller android phone and still get the same issues
2019-8-2
Use props
DJI DJI IS GOOD
lvl.2

France

I succeeded in mounting my phone iPhone 8 (the Xr was a too heavy).

But I think it's not "run and gun" enough.

You need to re-balance all you set up each time you mount or dismount your phone...
Think I won't use a lot or not at all...
2019-8-3
Use props
fans77a3b4b2
New

United Kingdom

Can the phone mount be put on the handle instead ?
2019-8-3
Use props
Aaluka
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans77a3b4b2 Posted at 8-3 00:31
Can the phone mount be put on the handle instead ?

As i said I have tried re balancing with a lighter smaller phone and still no luck. You cant mount the holder anywhere else to use the active track feature, which is  one of the only reasons i purchased this gimbal.

I'm very disappointed. One that i cannot get it to work even though both devices are on the compatible list, secondly that they refer to a video in the tutorials which does not seem to exist  .

DJI can you provide a link to the video Balancing with Phone holder you refer to in the tilt training video.
2019-8-3
Use props
DJI DJI IS GOOD
lvl.2

France

I dit it with an iPhone 8, it works...

Do it step by step.

You'll succeed.
2019-8-3
Use props
Aaluka
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI DJI IS GOOD Posted at 8-3 00:58
I dit it with an iPhone 8, it works...

Do it step by step.

That's my point, where is the step by step video it refers to in the tilt video.

I have not steps to follow apart from the ones in the app that do not include a phone mount.
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI DJI IS GOOD
lvl.2

France

Aaluka Posted at 8-4 08:29
That's my point, where is the step by step video it refers to in the tilt video.

I have not steps to follow apart from the ones in the app that do not include a phone mount.

I know.
But this is the same rules with or without the phone.
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI DJI IS GOOD
lvl.2

France

So did you succeed ?
2019-8-5
Use props
deejayyves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15046 ft
Belgium

I have been trying to balance my Z6 with phone mount & Iphone 6 on top for several hrs now, without luck... would be very interested to see someone balance this set up.
Where do you have it balanced on all axises? On the plate all the way to the back ("heavy"), how many cm on all axises?
2019-8-5
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I use the SC with the Blackmagic Pocket 4k . With an Iphone 11 totally impossible to balance it. Too top heavy Maybe with a super tiny screen it would be possible. Hey DJI: a potential future business for you. I think many people are facing this problem with the new Iphones. They are just too heavy
2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules