Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
180 pan over Blaise Castle, Bristol, England
12Next >
1649 78 2019-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This was taken using the Zenmuse X3 on my DJI Inspire 1 V2.0 (T601). Direct flight at around 40MPH in p-mode across Blaise Castle park in Bristol, UK (drones are welcome here) whilst independantly panning the gimbal 180 degrees. All manually controlled.

Video is totally unedited and straight off the SD card compressed by SkyPixel to 1080p.

Original was shot in 2.7K @ 30fps
Shutter @ 1/60th
ISO 100
Sharpness +1, contrast and saturation both at zero
WB set to sunny
Colour profile was normal
EV 0 using rule of thirds
FOV 94 degrees
ND16 used for 4 f-stops as a bright sunny day
Altitude was 380' AGL with the drone in complete VLOS

An old but still amazing drone!

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/dji-0072-76491d6c-b321-44ac-962e-40c1e9db75b5?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0

2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this great footage with us. Nice work! Cheers!
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-1 07:47
Hi, thanks for sharing this great footage with us. Nice work! Cheers!

Thanks Tony
2019-8-1
Use props
RWD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that is really smooth footage given you were controlling everything manually.  When I try that it looks like I have spent the prior 4 hours drinking - heavily.  Clearly I have some work to do to get smooth.  This is excellent work, thanks for sharing...
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage Andy. Great to see a video from you
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RWD Posted at 8-1 08:47
Wow, that is really smooth footage given you were controlling everything manually.  When I try that it looks like I have spent the prior 4 hours drinking - heavily.  Clearly I have some work to do to get smooth.  This is excellent work, thanks for sharing...

Thanks very much - just be very gentle on the sticks though these pans are much easier to control on the Inspire as the gimbal is designed for it. Try tap fly free on the Mavic 2 for a similar affect.
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-1 09:07
Awesome footage Andy. Great to see a video from you

Thanks Woe - always good to drop one in now and again
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-1 09:21
Thanks Woe - always good to drop one in now and again

So true. That Inspire has stellar video.
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-1 11:24
So true. That Inspire has stellar video.

Very smooth and zero artefact which is amazing considering the X3 was DJI's first 4K camera back in Nov' 14 and has a bit rate of 60MPBS - though massively upgraded over the years. The glass lens/optics is superb and the horizons are far more on point with this T601 compared to my previous T600.
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-1 12:14
Very smooth and zero artefact which is amazing considering the X3 was DJI's first 4K camera back in Nov' 14 and has a bit rate of 60MPBS - though massively upgraded over the years. The glass lens/optics is superb and the horizons are far more on point with this T601 compared to my previous T600.

Awesome. It doses seem that a lot of folks are selling these lately
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You're most welcome AJ!
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-1 14:18
You're most welcome AJ!

2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-1 13:21
Awesome. It doses seem that a lot of folks are selling these lately

With really low prices too. Parts and accessories are starting to run low now so supply will soon be much lower than demand. It's essentially an EOL product these days - even the Inspire 2 is nearly three years old... If you can find an Inspire 1 in mint condition with lots of official extras for less than a grand then I'd highly recommend it. I got a great deal but do be careful as there are some dodgy ones for sure!
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-1 14:29
With really low prices too. Parts and accessories are starting to run low now so supply will soon be much lower than demand. It's essentially an EOL product these days - even the Inspire 2 is nearly three years old... If you can find an Inspire 1 in mint condition with lots of official extras for less than a grand then I'd highly recommend it. I got a great deal but do be careful as there are some dodgy ones for sure!

So you would recommend the IS1 over the IS2. I am looking for a backup to my

MP and my MPZ. After flying these small birds am afraid the IS1my feel heavy in the air.

I've been considering a P4P. But not sure I want to pay over 1500.
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-1 14:47
So you would recommend the IS1 over the IS2. I am looking for a backup to my

MP and my MPZ. After flying these small birds am afraid the IS1my feel heavy in the air.

IS2 is still VERY expensive if you're going down the micro four third route given the license keys, SSD's, readers, cameras, lenses etc etc and would turn your existing drones into B drones - the IS1 still packs a big punch at a significantly reduced price point in comparison and the X5/X5R are still awesome cameras.

The Inspires fly like a hot knife through butter mate - they are far more responsive and agile than the smaller drones when in the air. The biggest drawback is portability and reduced flight times. For commercial ops I say go for the Inspire 2 X5S if your budget can stretch or the P4P if 4K60 is high up on the list of needs for a fraction of the price. If looking for a commercial B drone and one to have serious fun with for the price of a P4P then get a quality used IS1Pro or Raw.
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-1 14:58
IS2 is still VERY expensive if you're going down the micro four third route given the license keys, SSD's, readers, cameras, lenses etc etc and would turn your existing drones into B drones - the IS1 still packs a big punch at a significantly reduced price point in comparison and the X5/X5R are still awesome cameras.

The Inspires fly like a hot knife through butter mate - they are far more responsive and agile than the smaller drones when in the air. The biggest drawback is portability and reduced flight times. For commercial ops I say go for the Inspire 2 X5S if your budget can stretch or the P4P if 4K60 is high up on the list of needs for a fraction of the price. If looking for a commercial B drone and one to have serious fun with for the price of a P4P then get a quality used IS1Pro or Raw.

I am using it for commercial use. I have a job next month so am looking
for something with a little more punch. I shooting a reception at a vineyard.
I Shot some test footage a few days ago. The client was happy with it, I was not.
I felt it was missing something , but again it was test footage. My friend has a P4P
that I will take this weekend for more test footage to see if I like it.
2019-8-1
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Very nice shots, thanks for sharing.
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-1 15:18
I Shot some test footage a few days ago. The client was happy with it, I was not.

The P4P is a great drone
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

G37 Mavic Pro Posted at 8-1 21:57
Very nice shots, thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot
2019-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-1 15:18

Though I prefer the Inspire 1
2019-8-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Looks great, nice work
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jacksonnai Posted at 8-2 05:04
Looks great, nice work

Thanks buddy
2019-8-2
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

You're welcome buddy!
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jacksonnai Posted at 8-2 05:08
You're welcome buddy!

2019-8-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-1 22:10
The P4P is a great drone

I know, I don't like the size and how loud it is. I guess I have to

take the good with the bad.
2019-8-2
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-2 06:34
I know, I don't like the size and how loud it is. I guess I have to

take the good with the bad.

It is a very loud drone for sure mate - by far the loudest I have owned - amazingly the Inspire is quieter than the Phantom and by the time you have accessorised the Phantom the portability isn't that much better than an Inspire 1 in the original case.
2019-8-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-2 06:58
It is a very loud drone for sure mate - by far the loudest I have owned - amazingly the Inspire is quieter than the Phantom and by the time you have accessorised the Phantom the portability isn't that much better than an Inspire 1 in the original case.

So true. I spent yesterday looking at used IS1. I found one for 900.

I'm meeting the guy today for a test flight. I will let you know how it goes.
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-2 07:02
So true. I spent yesterday looking at used IS1. I found one for 900.

I'm meeting the guy today for a test flight. I will let you know how it goes.

Good luck mate. Few words of advice
-Check each battery via the app and ensure there is no deviation of >0.10 between the cells and you can also see how much capacity is still remaining in each battery.
-Make sure there a lots of brand new props which should be in sealed bags as the 1345T's are hard to get these days (though I now have 16)
-Physically check the drone over thoroughly - look for signs of scratches and indentations and ensure the boom arms are smooth and check all four landing gear feet for signs of heavy landings
-Test the landing gear transformation to ensure it transforms from travel to landing mode with no strange sounds or inconsistent movement
-Ensure it is also a V2.0 model for that price - it should have 1510H motors, the locking mechanism on the motors and the larger gimbal vibration board to house any of the camera's
-If it comes with the original case be sure that the zips and handle are working fine
-It would also be a good idea to see the drone being flown

2019-8-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-2 07:10
Good luck mate. Few words of advice
-Check each battery via the app and ensure there is no deviation of >0.10 between the cells and you can also see how much capacity is still remaining in each battery.
-Make sure there a lots of brand new props which should be in sealed bags as the 1345T's are hard to get these days (though I now have 16)

Great info Andy. I just screen shot this. Thank you my friend.
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-2 07:13
Great info Andy. I just screen shot this. Thank you my friend.

It's a great drone for a great price and having bought one myself for £900 and I am made up by it's condition etc - though there are some really dodgy ones out there mate so make the effort as the Inspire 1 is the last drone you want falling out the sky (all 3.1kg of it)...

Don't hesitate in walking away if it doesn't feel right and PM me with any questions you have as $900 is still a serious wedge!
2019-8-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-2 07:20
It's a great drone for a great price and having bought one myself for £900 and I am made up by it's condition etc - though there are some really dodgy ones out there mate so make the effort as the Inspire 1 is the last drone you want falling out the sky (all 3.1kg of it)...

Don't hesitate in walking away if it doesn't feel right and PM me with any questions you have as $900 is still a serious wedge!

I definitely will
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-2 07:25
I definitely will

Some visual pointers mate:
Check the inside of the battery compartment - this will show the model reference - V2.0 T601 or T600 is what you are looking for
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check underneath the drone - ensure no scratches or built up in the VPS and note the design of the gimbal vibration plate
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure all batteries light up upon pressing the power button once. With the battery off press and hold the power button for 5 seconds - the number of LED's that light up will indicate the remaining capacity of the battery - 4 full LED's means >90% capacity remaining. Also physically check over each battery for signs of swelling, piercing or scratches
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The motors on the V2.0 are 3510H - these are the more powerful motors. Note the locking mechanism and hand spin them - they should make a whistle sound
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 3510H motors use the 1345T props - this is their design - as I said, they are like gold dust these days - expect to have at least 8 in the package and look for more...
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the internals for sign of wear - the worm drive should be well lubricated and free of dirt and dust if well maintained
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the boom arms as advised and especially the connector as shown - the stickers advising that the warranty is void if removed should still be in tact - if not he may have replaced a boom arm meaning it may have been in a serious crash
2019-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check over the gimbal, camera and lens - it should come as standard with a UV and ND4 filter and a 16gb micro sd card in its own camera case. Both the gimbal connectors on the drone and camera should have dust caps and been clean inside
2019-8-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules