Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

Hello folks
finally I bought Mavic 2 pro!!
it is slightly used but still under warranty in Croatia.
Today I arrived on sight to be filmed but I had extremly long lag on my phone. aprox 20_30 seconds on my phone screen. and often black&white picture with message transmission lost - RTH.
I must say remote work flawlesly with the drone. gimbal works, drone can fly in all directions. but there is extremly long lag on my phone. so flying by watching on my phone is impossible.
as I recall, I did test gimbal and settings at home after I bring drone home but did nt go out and try to fly.

I use HTC desire 650, the same phone I use with phantom 3 and mavic air and never had any issues so far.

any suggestion?
2019-8-1
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe try configuring your phone to run DJI GO as efficiently as possible. You can find lots of tips in this guide:

Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)
2019-8-1
Use props
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Croatia

thanks msinger I'll look into that but I must say with Mavic air I didn't have any issue. same DJI GO4 app in on my phone since.
2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please sync all of your flight records then try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 app to see if this will rectify the issue? Also, As per checking in my end, it shows that HTC Desire 650 is currently not listed on our recommended mobile device. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the stability of the said mobile device since it is not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for the DJI Go 4 App. I will highly recommend using the recommended mobile device listed below. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-8-1
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

I have a samsung galaxy s5 android 6.01 and have similar issues with lag of upto 5secs at times, a bit random may take a few mins of flying and only 100 feet away. After vaying tests i have put it down to the lack of memory and programs running in the background on the samsung rom. I have found that if i install the lineage 16 rom and gapps having backed up existing rom that the issues go. No lag even in hd mode. Problem is the picture viewer on lineage/google play are not as good, so i have to reinstall samsung rom to view pic properly. What fun.hope that helps a bit. I need a new phone or another s5 with lineage on it.
2019-8-2
Use props
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Croatia

Thanks for advice but as I understand DJI don't accept warranty if you use other app than DJI GO4.
anoter thing is I can't borrow another phone to try it...
Funny thing is that with Mavic air eveything worked fine.
Only reason why I bought Mavic pro is Occusync instead of wi-f
2019-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

smirnoff9969 Posted at 8-2 09:36
Thanks for advice but as I understand DJI don't accept warranty if you use other app than DJI GO4.
anoter thing is I can't borrow another phone to try it...
Funny thing is that with Mavic air eveything worked fine.

Your warranty will be fine, unless a crash occurs as a Direct result of using the app .
2019-8-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HTC Desire 650 is a very low end device  in today's world its even below entry spec in terms of processing power.  https://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_650-8444.php

snapdragon 400 processor really is too weak.  

DJI go 4 app is doing alot of real time work and calculation, decoding video in real time, measuring and estimating telemetry, calculating GPS positioning on a map preview in realtime, logging everything every second... etc etc and prob more then even i know going on with DJI Go app... add to this the more modern your drone the heavier the calculations get as video feed chewing up more bandwidth and using more intense encoding/decoding methods and more for it to calculate.
2019-8-3
Use props
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Croatia

today I take some time to explore all options on my DJI GO4 app regarding to extremly loooong lag witch make my Mavic 2 pro useless.

The first time I power on Mavic remote and aircraft there is no lag. but after scrolling though Menu on my phone lag begin to increase.

With Mavic Air there were NO such problems even with GO4 app on my HTC 650.

Buying new mobile phone is acceptable for me if this problem will vanish.  But who can tell? What is main feature to look on new phone - quantity of  RAM, android version, 4-8 core CPU???

2019-8-6
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Also make sure youre using a good quality usb cable not a cheap generic one.
2019-8-6
Use props
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Croatia

where to find "high-quality" cable? they all are generic trash...I don`t belive that cable can make all that differece
2019-8-6
Use props
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Croatia

todaj I got new phone! Xiaomi redmi note 7!
after quick testing indoors for the video lag I`m happy to anounce there is no lag!!
in the next few days I`ll go and make some videos with Mavic 2 to see if everythnig works fine!

thanks everyone for suggestions!
2019-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules