PWM Port analysis
1958 6 2019-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

I connected some LED's, a DMM, and a cheap oscilloscope to the outputs of the PWM ports!  

So, you get about 5 Volts output by default.  You can use Scratch blocks to program the Duty Cycle from 0% to 100%, so you get from 5V to 0V with a resolution of 0.05V per step.

The LED's I used are not very bright

They are made for RC gear, which puts out at least 6V.  So, RC servos will work, just a bit slower with less torque.

The cheap LEDs I got put two LEDs in series on the 5V signal.  I think I can rework it to put 5V across each LED, that should make them pretty bright and hopefully not burn out.  If I burn out one I will have to rig a series resistor too.

If I get this right, then it will be worth it make a little video so you can see the square wave on my cheap o-scope.

2019-8-1
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Gaah!  Those LED strips were terrible.  Super low quality, impossible to solder without melting them.  That's what I get from buying from an RC dealer.

The cable and connector are good though.  I have to find another headlight solution...   ...   ...    ...
2019-8-2
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United States

Hoang Nguyen, on the Facebook Robomaster group, seems to have found a very nice looking LED headlamp.

2019-8-2
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Erg.  Well they look nice, but I ended up buying some LEDs and handy circuit board from a local electronics store. I should be able to fabricate something decent.
2019-8-3
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I am new here and it appears I can not create a new thread  due to that (which is a bit weird). I got 2 S1s but I could not really play with them yet as one of them is for my kid (his birthday is next month) and I do not want to spoil the surprise.

Anyway, I have been playing with thee apps just to have a feeling for it and one thing I noticed is that in one of my desktops, the Windows app mostly works but when I try to go to the DYI ;ab, I just get a black screen. I guess it might be related to this specific computer having an Radeon (AMD) video card. Anyone else having a similar problem?

In any case, I started playing with coding for it and there are some nice things that can be done specially with autonomous programs. I changed the counter-attack example to turn automatically to the side of any hit it got, scan for another Robomaster for a while and, if one is found, return fire. WHile doing that, I can still move the robot around with the controller which is pretty neat.
2019-8-3
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Try updating your video drivers.  If no worky, try updating "DirectX".  If still no, then try updating "MS C++ Redistributable" or somesuch...

My NVIDIA GPU works fine
2019-8-3
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

MarkusXL Posted at 8-3 12:22
Try updating your video drivers.  If no worky, try updating "DirectX".  If still no, then try updating "MS C++ Redistributable" or somesuch...

My NVIDIA GPU works fine

Well, everything else in the app works. Even the 3D Robomaster  at the "Home" screen. I guess it is some other issue. In any case, drivers are all up to date. I do have another desktop with an nVidia card where it is working.
2019-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules