Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air Remote Remote Drifting
1000 9 2019-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cromirp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10856 ft
United States

Hey guys,

recently I noticed that my Mavic Air is turning clockwise on its own. I did some research and testing in DJI flight simulator and came to the conclusion that the problem is in the remote. When I try to push the left stick down, often it also recognizes it as a move to the right (See the video attached). As you can notice, every time I push left stick all the way down, it automatically pushes almost 100% to the right also.

And that makes the drone practically unusable since the video is like this then: (Note that I did not touch a left stick while shooting this video)

Do you have any idea what can I do to get rid of that?

Thanks!
2019-8-2
Use props
EFRPIC
Captain

United States

You have done the calibration, have your refreshed the firmware yet?
2019-8-2
Use props
cromirp
lvl.1
United States

EFRPIC Posted at 8-2 08:52
You have done the calibration, have your refreshed the firmware yet?

I was testing yesterday and calibrated the drone before. Firmware is also updated on both. But I tried a calibrated remote only in flight simulator but I am still getting the same drifting.
2019-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day cromirp. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air's remote controller. May we know if you've managed to update the firmware of your remote controller and have calibrated the said controller as well? If yes, since you've noticed that there's an unusual drifting without touching the sticks, we would recommend sending the unit into our facility for a further check on your unit. Please contact our DJI support team at www.dji.com/support .For additional information the repair fee would depend on the outcome of the evaluation and the warranty period of your unit. For further details of the warranty period, kindly refer to this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy . Thank you.

2019-8-2
Use props
cromirp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 09:17
Hello and good day cromirp. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air's remote controller. May we know if you've managed to update the firmware of your remote controller and have calibrated the said controller as well? If yes, since you've noticed that there's an unusual drifting without touching the sticks, we would recommend sending the unit into our facility for a further check on your unit. Please contact our DJI support team at www.dji.com/support .For additional information the repair fee would depend on the outcome of the evaluation and the warranty period of your unit. For further details of the warranty period, kindly refer to this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy . Thank you.

Hey,
I have the latest firmware on the remote and drone. I calibrated IMU, compass and remote before taking off but the problem is still the same. But it depends, for some time it works without a problem, sometimes it occurs every single time. I guess that it should be a mechanical problem with the remote.
2019-8-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

cromirp Posted at 8-3 14:19
Hey,
I have the latest firmware on the remote and drone. I calibrated IMU, compass and remote before taking off but the problem is still the same. But it depends, for some time it works without a problem, sometimes it occurs every single time. I guess that it should be a mechanical problem with the remote.

Aloha cromirp,

Try taking it out of Sport Mode and see if that helps.  Sport mode disables VPS and some other stabilization firmware.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cromirp Posted at 8-2 09:06
I was testing yesterday and calibrated the drone before. Firmware is also updated on both. But I tried a calibrated remote only in flight simulator but I am still getting the same drifting.

Try an actual remote control calibration ,not a flight simulator calibration .
2019-8-4
Use props
MavGuido
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1890701
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

cromirp Posted at 8-3 14:19
Hey,
I have the latest firmware on the remote and drone. I calibrated IMU, compass and remote before taking off but the problem is still the same. But it depends, for some time it works without a problem, sometimes it occurs every single time. I guess that it should be a mechanical problem with the remote.

Thank you for the given update cromirp. Since the issue is still persisting. I would recommend you to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further help. Thank you.
2019-8-4
Use props
sonofthesun
lvl.3
Ukraine

This is a design problem of remote cotroller that all users will face over time.
I got same after 1.5 years of issueless and happy flying.
Try to calibrate controller, that might mask the problem for some time.
Also, play with controls in calibration mode and try to spot when there are "ghost" signals and try to avoid that stick press during flight(ex. do not press full down, but stay at 90% etc)
2019-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules