DJI Osmo Pocket vs Panasonic FZ1000
1019 4 2019-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

One week ago we came back from our Nordland trip. With the MS Amadea from Phoenix we were 13 days on the way from Bremerhaven over Shetland Islands - Lofoten - North Cape and then the inner passages back.
Of course, my DJI Osmo Pocket was there again. After reviewing the pictures, I am very satisfied with the results. I have also taken some pictures with the Panasonic FZ1000. Comparing recordings from the observation deck on the Aksla to Alesund, I do not see a big difference in quality between the FZ1000 and the Osmo Pocket. The prerequisite is, of course, always the lighting conditions.
The Pocket has done very good service during the trip, I filmed exclusively without a docked iPhone. On the way with the excursions I had then usually a small light (115 gr.) Powerbank, in order to be able to reload in an emergency. In some pictures, e.g. Time Lapse I made the settings via iPhone connected to the wireless module.

Something strange has still occurred. When copying an SD card, I found that only a part was copied, only some of the videos were displayed on the RAVPower WD009. However, the Pocket showed me all the videos. The card I then no longer touched and at home then on the PC, I received the notice that there is an error on the card and whether to be restored. I have then confirmed the second time and after a few seconds, all videos were displayed again. No idea in which process that happened.

When formatting the SD cards I had mistakenly swapped a card and formatted the not yet copied. I did not touch the 2 cards and saved the data with Recuva (freeware) at home. That worked right away.128 GB read took about 50 minutes and copy to disk then again about 1 hour.I can highly recommend the program.

2019-8-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Very interesting comparison - I have the FZ1000 but have not yet compared it to my Pocket, partly because the FZ1000 has not come out of the cupboard since I bought the Pocket!
2019-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Udo13. Thank you for creating this comparison video and thank you for your support.
2019-8-3
Use props
Robb OConnor
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi
Nice  comparison video as you say very little difference between them ,  thanks for sharing. It’s nice to see what  other people are doing with  Osmo Pocket. I thinks it’s ideal for holiday shots.
2019-8-3
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Robb OConnor Posted at 8-3 07:59
Hi
Nice  comparison video as you say very little difference between them ,  thanks for sharing. It’s nice to see what  other people are doing with  Osmo Pocket. I thinks it’s ideal for holiday shots.

Yes mostly.
2019-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules