Ronin app does not communicate with the gimbal
8319 16 2019-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Florent Babaga
lvl.1
Romania

Hello,

My Ronin SC works fine by its own but DJI Ronin app does not communicate at all with it after Bluetooth connection.

The application detects and connects to the gimbal via Bluetooth without any problem, but that's all it does as there is no other communication between these two: the app does not see the battery level (it only shows zero percent), Wake or Sleep button does not do anything, cannot do any "Balance adjustment" (error "Balance test failed. Retry."), in the firmware screen there is no information about the firmware (it only shows "N/A") etc.

I also cannot update the firmware that I see as being available (error code TIMEOUT).

I activated the gimbal after creating my DJU account in order to use the application.

The app is installed on an Android 8 phone (LG G6), but I have the same problem on an Android 7 phone (Samsung A3).

I restarted the gimbal, I reassembled it, I fully charged the battery, I reinstalled the app on my phone. The gimbal connects successfully to the app, but no information from the gimbal is displayed on any screen.

Does anyone think I should do something different or I might have a defective unit?

Thank you!

Firmware info screen (no info)

Firmware info screen (no info)

Main screen (gimbal connected, no info)

Main screen (gimbal connected, no info)

Firmware update failed

Firmware update failed
2019-8-3
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would suggest trying on another phone before returning. Seems more like a phone than gimbal issue.
2019-8-3
Use props
Florent Babaga
lvl.1
Romania

M2Wair Posted at 8-3 23:58
I would suggest trying on another phone before returning. Seems more like a phone than gimbal issue.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Well, I have already done that with another Android phone, Samsung A3 (Android 7), while mine was an LG G6 (Android 8).

What intrigues me is the fact that the activation worked like a breeze and the app always connects to the gimbal without any problem. It' s just that after the connection, no information from the gimbal is displayed in any of the application screens.

So tried with another phone, restarted the gimbal, even reassembled it, reinstalled the app on my phone, tried another DJI account (by using another email) ... well, the same problem.

If I find a solution, I will also post it here in case someone needs it (hope not) :-)

2019-8-4
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Florent Babaga Posted at 8-4 03:42
Thank you for your suggestion.

Well, I have already done that with another Android phone, Samsung A3 (Android 7), while mine was an LG G6 (Android 8).

I would still try and test your Ronin SC with an alternative phone other than those you've tested already, just to rule out phone compatibility issues.
2019-8-6
Use props
djiuser_wYRkTKDkhWSD
lvl.1

Hi there Florent. I have the exact same problem.

I tried both with a Samsung galaxy A70 and a Huawei P9. Some image on your photos: 0% batery; not possible to update the firmwire, etc.

I have talked with DJI support, and they also don't know whats going on.

Untill this date, have you found a solution?

Thank you very much.

Cheers from Portugal
2019-10-11
Use props
Dalfy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 467841 ft

I'm interesting this post, i have LG G6 and maybe buy Ronin CS. I know if this phone is compatible with ronin. thank for the info
2019-10-13
Use props
fans1f620277
New

djiuser_wYRkTKDkhWSD Posted at 10-11 12:27
Hi there Florent. I have the exact same problem.

I tried both with a Samsung galaxy A70 and a Huawei P9. Some image on your photos: 0% batery; not possible to update the firmwire, etc.

I just bought the SC yesterday and it works well until this afternoon. i'm also facing the same problem like you. Have you updated the new firmware? i did.
2019-10-15
Use props
Davist Wong
lvl.1

Same as here, I tried Android even iOS. both also fail to connect to the app but the gimbal is working
2019-10-16
Use props
Abhijeet
New

India

i am facing the same issue, were any of you guys able to fix the problem?
2020-6-10
Use props
Florent Babaga
lvl.1
Romania

It has been some time since I had that problem with Ronin SC which was working by itself but was not communicating at all with the app on several Android phones.

After some emails exchanged with DJI support, I had to send it back through the store I have bought it from. Once DJI sent a replacement unit, the store refund me so I bought the same functional model somewhere else.

The guy at the store told me they had some units with bad firmware. That was in July 2019 in Romania.

Sorry I cannot help you with a working solution!

My new Ronin SC I have bought right after the refund is still working great.

Although, if I had to buy a small gimbal today, I would definitely take a look at Zhiyun Weebill S for stronger motors, Li-Io replaceable batteries (not a battery pack inside the handle of Ronin SC) as I already have a few of 18650 Li-Io batteries from an older Beholder EC1 that stopped working and I like being able to replace the batteries as I wish.

I know my answer is coming late, but LG G6 works well with DJI's app and the new Ronin SC.

Good luck with your unit! I hope you can replace/return it easily.

2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_YSsTUEFadNbN
New
France

i got the exact same problem,any update on a fix?
2020-6-20
Use props
JIGZTV
lvl.1

Japan

Did anyone already solved this problem. Its kinda frustrating I've already tried everything but it's always update failed.
2020-12-12
Use props
fans2bca2a08
New
Flight distance : 635919 ft
United States

I am experiencing the same problem! has a solution been found? Anyone?
2020-12-12
Use props
Abdra
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9786952 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

i am facing the same problem here ((((  
2021-2-4
Use props
FatJesus
New
United States

(((SOLUTION FOUND))) Bought my Ronin SC from Amazon a few days ago and updated the firmware. Still, the 0% shows up on the top of the software but the hilt of the battery pack shows 100% charged. I am wondering if I should alcohol swab the metal inputs that connect to the rest of the unit? Clean the contacts to see if it's a communication issue between the battery back to the rest of the unit? BRB... Holy %$^%$^ and it worked. Ok So take 70% Alcohol and apply it to a paper towel or a cloth and wipe down the contacts on the battery unit and the Teeth contacts on the upper connecting unit. I now get a 100% battery life indicator and precise battery power on my phone. Solution found!
2021-4-20
Use props
FatJesus
New
United States

Abhijeet Posted at 2020-6-10 00:42
i am facing the same issue, were any of you guys able to fix the problem?

@Abhijeet Use 70% Alcohol on a Paper Towel or cloth clean the contacts on the Battery handle pack and the teeth contacts on the above unit, be careful not to bend the teeth. I did this to my mind, Put it all back together, turned it on, and checked my phone, Showed 0% batter for a few seconds and then 100% battery in white after.
2021-4-20
Use props
chambrot
New
Flight distance : 1240 ft
United States

Wasn't working for me right out of the box, removed the battery and reseated it....now it's working.
2021-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules